eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

15 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Now lets say I'm listening to music or podcast, adjusting volume or skipping something would take several swipes and taps on a EUCWatch, where it comes naturally on a Apple Watch.

I agree, I had it on a few moths back, it was fun but making it user friendly/easy to use is a challenge, apple watch has no rival I think in that aspect. But I will give it a go for the next UI, and yes, calling info and anc notifications in general for ios will be added.

I like DarknessBOT, I don't like the display on AppleWatch, too small. I'm certain Apple is restricting this formatting.

You will soon get to have both, I have a proxy for DB working, I will give you a notice when it is ready to test for the sherman. 

PS. the initial thought was to make the new UI compatible with the p8/p22 restrictions on ram, so they could be used too, but I think I will fail, too much work is needed to bypass memory limitations, it will work but I am not sure it will worth it.  :(
So for anyone thinking about a watch, go for the Rock (or magic if one does not care about sunlight readability), or the bangle.js 2 if one wants a small watch with always on display(and gps) and no hacking step, the p22/p8 will not move forward I am afraid.  

Edited by enaon

41 minutes ago, Mark13i said:

Which watch model has the strongest vibration (comparable to Pebble steel).  Installed eucwash on p22b, unfortunately the alarms are almost unnoticeable so went back to the old Pebble :(

I think the pebble's vibration is way stronger. On the p8/p22 it depends on luck, on some the motor is better than others, maybe if has o do with motor placement. The same on the rock/magic, faster motor, not a lot more weight, some are almost good, some are almost bad, none is excellent as the pebble.  

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, enaon said:

I agree, I had it on a few moths back, it was fun but making it user friendly/easy to use is a challenge, apple watch has no rival I think in that aspect. But I will give it a go for the next UI, and yes, calling info and anc notifications in general for ios will be added.

You will soon get to have both, I have a proxy for DB working, I will give you a notice when it is ready to test for the sherman. 

PS. the initial thought was to make the new UI compatible with the p8/p22 restrictions on ram, so they could be used too, but I think I will fail, too much work is needed to bypass memory limitations, it will work but I am not sure it will worth it.  :(
So for anyone thinking about a watch, go for the Rock (or magic if one does not care about sunlight readability), or the bangle.js 2 if one wants a small watch with always on display(and gps) and no hacking step, the p22/p8 will not move forward I am afraid.  

What happens when Apple, Google, or Samsung makes you a job offer? ;^)

Great job @enaon.

I have been using the eucWatch since two weeks ago, and it is awesome.

The only drawback I have noticed, is the horn in my KS16S, which is not the internal horn of the euc, but strobe headlights and beeps.

I have been looking into the code to understand what was happening and the reason is that the horn section implemented into eucKingsong.js do not use the command for the horn funtion (kingsong request 0x88 defined in line 15), but instead of that, there are a quite large piece of code to do light strobe and beeps, from line 214 to 243.

Since the beeps are quite inaudible, I wonder why do not use the kingsong internal horn.

11 hours ago, Rotator said:

Great job @enaon.

I have been using the eucWatch since two weeks ago, and it is awesome.

The only drawback I have noticed, is the horn in my KS16S, which is not the internal horn of the euc, but strobe headlights and beeps.

I have been looking into the code to understand what was happening and the reason is that the horn section implemented into eucKingsong.js do not use the command for the horn funtion (kingsong request 0x88 defined in line 15), but instead of that, there are a quite large piece of code to do light strobe and beeps, from line 214 to 243.

Since the beeps are quite inaudible, I wonder why do not use the kingsong internal horn.

hi, this is mostly because I have an s18, so I implemented the horn based on it, and the s18 has no bt sound module, so I used the lock command to cause the beeps. but I agree that it should have a choice for using the normal horn where available, I will add it. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, GothamMike said:

EUCWatch

@GothamMike @enaon

I most have missed it with so many things in this thread but which one is the EUCWatch? Is there one you can just buy connect to an android device with EUC World?

Seems very technical to get a watch and do so many things to it.

I do wish EUC World was available on iOS and worked on the iWatch it would safe so many hassle of needing an Android+an Android OS Watch

49 minutes ago, East Coast said:

@GothamMike @enaon

I most have missed it with so many things in this thread but which one is the EUCWatch? Is there one you can just buy connect to an android device with EUC World?

Seems very technical to get a watch and do so many things to it.

I do wish EUC World was available on iOS and worked on the iWatch it would safe so many hassle of needing an Android+an Android OS Watch

eucWatch it the name of the project in this thread ( I renamed the title, sorry about the confusion). It is a stand-alone watch, it directly connects to the wheel, so no phone is needed, soif you are just looking for a companion watch for your phone, this is not the aim of this project. 

Having an iWatch on may tempt one to try and save it on an accident. eucWatch is a reliable dash that is disposable cost-wise.  

But since you already have an iwatch and you want to use it, why don't you just use darknessBot?

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

@enaon

Thx will see if there's a thread on a companion watch for Android since I purchased a cheap one in the past for things that work better w/ that platform.

I find it useless and the app on the iPhone doesn't have as much info as EUC World which I can also export and not have to spend extra on while getting many more features.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zarralax said:

current most recommend watch to get for eucWatch? 

You need a smartwatch with the nRF chipset
(Pebble is not)

Current recommendation is Kospet Rock:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001937149592.html 

The eucWatch software for it is not formally released yet, but imminent.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 2:27 AM, enaon said:

When I get mine I will port the project for this hardware, and also port parts of the project so as they can be used with the official Bangle.js app loader, along with other banlgejs apps.

@enaon Not wanting to be a pest because I know you're donating your time and energy (and I have done diddly squat to contribute so am perfectly content to wait), but have you had any luck with this?

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

@enaon Not wanting to be a pest because I know you're donating your time and energy (and I have done diddly squat to contribute so am perfectly content to wait), but have you had any luck with this?

it is still stuck in the customs clearing in the post office, I hope Monday will be the lucky day. :wacko:

• Like 1

I got it pretty much as soon as it was shipped and have been using the GPS speed function. Works well, acquisition of satellites is very slow (minutes) but once it gets them it seems to work. It's surprisingly light and the battery in 'watch' mode lasts forever (weeks at least, maybe a month or more). Battery does die pretty quickly when the backlight is on (hours), that's understandable.

Touch screen sensitivity is... very poor indeed, but I'm used to a Cupertino watch so consider the reference point completely unfair.

The display resolution is amusingly low, it's been a very long time indeed since I've seen actual picture elements on any screen. But it's readable enough, especially in daylight. Much tougher to see as you're passing under street lights unless you have the backlight going.

Accelerometer response is meh at best, simple arm raises don't turn on the backlight—it's a little like my Pebble where you have to vigoursly rotate your wrist to get the backlight to turn on, and most of the time that doesn't actually work. Here again, I'm used to a device that cost 4x so I'm comparing HoneyCrisp apples to Road apples (for others, the bangle.js was about 90USD).

Nothing I've tried vibrates it so I don't know how that'll go, but given its light overall weight I don't expect it do be terribly effective.

The watchband is pretty nice actually, I won't be wearing it on my wrist but it's generously sized, adjustable in small increments, can be made very small, and seems durable enough.

Charger connector is magnetic like the Pebble, I haven't tried sticking it to a filing cabinet to see if it blows up or shuts down the charger brick (as the Pebble charger wanted to do in the early days... the magnetically attached connector wanted to stick to anything containing iron and that shorts out the charger).

Overall, it meets expectations. Which are low, but I only wanted to play with it and use it as a wheel dashboard (and support the kickstarter, I like what they're doing). If the low resolution screen is at all readable, I'm pretty sure it'll make a fine dashboard. I might still get a Rock since I'll probably be mounting it on my wheel in the worst possible place when the wheel goes a$$ over teakettle (just above the headlight) and it'll likely be smashed to smithereens at some point.

Oh, it's light enough that I think I could mount it on a helmet mirror stalk, but I don't think my old eyes will focus that close so for me it's probably a moot point. But for those of you that still have good eyes it might be really excellent.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 3:30 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

You need a smartwatch with the nRF chipset
(Pebble is not)

Current recommendation is Kospet Rock:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001937149592.html 

The eucWatch software for it is not formally released yet, but imminent.

Do you know if once the eucWatch software is realized if it will work on all android watches even if you don't use samsung or that info hasn't been shared bc it's still imminent?

16 hours ago, East Coast said:

android watches

@enaon is the developer, not me... but eucWatch is not for Android.

If you have a wearable android, just run EUC World.
If you have WearOS or Tizen, use the EUC World watch apps.
If you have more questions, please ask in the EUC World thread: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/25782-euc-world-210-is-out/

I regularly use EUC-Watch, almost perfect for me, I really appreciate knowing my speed...etc.

But I think it is necessary to improve the TOP SPEED data, which is destroyed as soon as there is a BT link fault. It therefore seems to me necessary to filter and reject any inconsistent value (no, I do not drive at 250 km/h). It is tolerable to have a glitch or a freeze on the speed measurement, but the TOP data is memorized, it must be made reliable. Probably by carrying out the difference between two consecutive speeds (the acceleration) and by rejecting the absurd values.

It is better to inhibit a "good" value than to memorize a "wacky" value. IMO as Elon says...

@enaon : :efefae4566:

On 1/13/2022 at 3:58 PM, enaon said:

I have made progress on the bangle.js 2,...

Is bangle.js 2  a really credible solution, compared to Rock watch? Does it have or will have a serious application manual to avoid having to play guessing games? 

Edited by Techos78

9 hours ago, Techos78 said:

It therefore seems to me necessary to filter and reject any inconsistent value (no, I do not drive at 250 km/h).

This is on the v11, it the most neglected wheel, along with the z10, never had one to test :(
I have found a way to drop mallformed data on v5 v8 v10, but not on v11, I will come back to it at the future. 

Edited by enaon