eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

Let the watch sit for a half hour before attempting to scan again. Dfutarg showed up in nfrtoolbox. I was able to successfully use that to push step 3. The rest of the steps went smoothly and it appears to have the full install on the watch. Still no idea why it decided to be a jerk about it.

If you have the watch on the charger, maybe remove it. 

8 hours ago, VKpD said:

Upon selecting it I was not greeted with the screen displayed on the github walkthrough with Bluetooth / Nordic.

this is normal, the "greeting message" is only displayed on step one. Maybe disable/enable the BT on the phone and try again, you are out of danger zone now.

42 minutes ago, Yaseen_digital said:

Hey @enaon I had a question I got a rock 2 days ago install was great but I'm having a weird bug where the watch battery changes each time the display is turned off an in again. Wondering if u had any thoughts ?

wait a few more days, I will update the rock version to v2 and we can see problems starting then. 

• Like 2

I have a popglory p22/B1 watch and for some reason my inmotion v11 does not want to give up any info to eucwatch.  The wheel connects fine but no info on the dash and no functions such as headlight on/off.  I linked what information I was able to get - including log from eucwatch.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wq2Y1Qu1SrstPmhhmSp12XPU-oMb4r5V?usp=sharing

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Claudio9597 said:

Hi @enaon

I can't get the bluetooth connection module to work, the clock works (model P22 B1) but as soon as I click on any module (Begode, KS, InMotion ...) it vibrates but the scan does not start, how can I solve it? Thank you very much

sorry but I hadn't loaded the BLE scanner widget in the various tests ... everything works, thank you thank you thank you for the fantastic job !!!

however, for those like me who own the P22 B1 (Amazon) I do not recommend the reset of all the APPs since both the core and the P8-P22 A / B / C / C1 handler are not compatible, I recommend the manual reset by installing only compatible applications otherwise the clock crashes...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Claudio9597 said:

I recommend the manual reset by installing only compatible applications

no real need for this, one can install all, and then change handler and core if he has the b1/d

• Thanks 1

Seems to be two things going against me now:

1) MTU of the espruino image allows for 56 data packet size - 59 mtu total - v11 packet is 74 data packet size 77 total

2) Format of the v11 messages has changed somewhat in newer v11 firmware

For 1) I tried making an espruino image with larger mtu but ended up bricking the smartwatch.  Going to try recovering it via SWD for further testing and 2) modified the eucInmotion.js for my purposes and can get some data now.  Lights / horn work with some random odd data displayed on the eucwatch dash.  Have to fix my watch before going further.

Edited by dignome
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dignome said:

Seems to be two things going against me now:

1) MTU of the espruino image allows for 56 data packet size - 59 mtu total - v11 packet is 74 data packet size 77 total

2) Format of the v11 messages has changed somewhat in newer v11 firmware

For 1) I tried making an espruino image with larger mtu but ended up bricking the smartwatch.  Going to try recovering it via SWD for further testing and 2) modified the eucInmotion.js for my purposes and can get some data now.  Lights / horn work with some random odd data displayed on the eucwatch dash.  Have to fix my watch before going further.

You are indeed advanced :)

Mtu of espruino was 20(+3),fanoush took it up to 59 especially for the v11, 56 was enough to get to the crc info. 
http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/362761/#comment15948435

Have a look here about swd flashing, I will also ave a look to understand why it is failing in your case, it works fine on the v11 in general. 
https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/tree/main/tools

ps. there is a "go to dfu" failsafe in case the firm is broken, you can trigger it as follows:
on a cold start, the side button must be pressed, and released with in 3 seconds. This will cause the bootloader to enter dfu(device firmware update), so you can flash another image. 

the only problem is that you have to let the battery drain in order to perform a cold start by placing it on the charger. Be aware, it will only stay on dfu for a minute or so, flash it as soon as you see a dfutarg 

ps2. Should you decide to open it up for the swd recovery, you will need a very thin razor, you will have to cut your way in, you will not be able to lift the backcover by force without damaging it. You need to cut the "teeth", it is about 2mm in, be extra careful around the button area, the ribbon cable is easy to cut. 

should you open it, consider changing the monopole antenna too, it will make it a lot better. 

Edited by enaon

On 1/23/2022 at 7:44 PM, enaon said:

yes, sorry about that, use this loader, connect, remove the inmotion v5/v8/v10 module, and install it again. 
Please report back that all is ok after you use it for some time, so that I will push the changes. 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing#euc

That worked great for me too with the connection problems I had with my Inmotion V10.

But I have one question about how the horn is implemented for the V10.
I almost shit my pants when I tried the horn and the speakers on the wheel loudly shouted PLEASE PREPARE! :shock2: In that moment I thought I was going to face plant.
Is it possible to make the horn play another sound insted of this frightening waring message?

I have also noticed that if i use the horn the data on the watch stops updating and freezes so I have to turn of the wheel and wait for the watch to disconnect before it starts to respond again.

I have a P22(B1/D) watch.

18 hours ago, Nimpom said:

Is it possible to make the horn play another sound insted of this frightening waring message?

sure, just long hold(and release on the p22) the horn switch on the watch. it will let you choose from 22 sounds. (inmotion v5/8/10 only)

most of the sounds play at current volume, some are auto set at max volume, take this into account when selecting a sound. 

Edited by enaon

10 minutes ago, Nimpom said:

Thanks. That works great.

Any thoughts or tips about to solve the issue that the watch freezes when using the horn?

try entering the wheel settings and returning to dash when the freeze happens( I guess by freeze you mean the dash stops refreshing) and tell me if it starts refreshing again.

Hello and always complimeti for all the work done ...

...do you think it is possible to display the remaining km? I don't know ... instead of the clock or the temperature on the display? Tested with S18, 16X and V5F, thanks!

Edited by Claudio9597

5 hours ago, Claudio9597 said:

Hello and always complimeti for all the work done ...

...do you think it is possible to display the remaining km? I don't know ... instead of the clock or the temperature on the display? Tested with S18, 16X and V5F, thanks!

I am not really using the "mileage remaining" register, because on nb it was way off, ks gw and veteran do not have one etc. 
if you are sure it works well on im, I can add it. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Was able to compile an espruino image with larger mtu based on notes from fanoush.  It indeed fixes the broken checksum routine but alas it appears the message formats are very different on my v11 wheel.  It works well enough for me so I might drop it for now and let somebody else decode the new packet format.  See my gdrive for relevant info / images.

Put up images that have 80,78, and 77 MTU with 3150 variables - not sure if that is going to be stable due to increased ram usage from higher MTU.

Edited by dignome
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dignome said:

it appears the message formats are very different on my v11 wheel. 

could it be that they switched to the v12 packet format?

ps. fanoush's images allows for some more vars, 3150 compared to 2551 on yours, if you get hangs  while using, maybe try to free some more.

Edited by enaon

8 hours ago, enaon said:

I am not really using the "mileage remaining" register, because on nb it was way off, ks gw and veteran do not have one etc. 
if you are sure it works well on im, I can add it. 

thanks @enaon, but I use 16X a lot and S18 would be of little use, thanks anyway ...

On 3/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, enaon said:

try entering the wheel settings and returning to dash when the freeze happens( I guess by freeze you mean the dash stops refreshing) and tell me if it starts refreshing again.

Yes,, I meant that the dash would stop refreshing. I tried entering the wheel settings and also the watch settings but when I got back to the dashboard it was still frozen. The only way to get it going again is to disconnect the watch and reconnect again.

Another thing that I noticed while the dash was frozen is that every press on the button (both long and short) was activating the horn.

I can hopefully do some more extensive testing during the weekend to pinpoint more of the behavior.