eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

So function wise everything is as good or better than it was, however, my old issue still persists. While I am riding my "current trip" section will go crazy and the numbers are constantly changing by the thousands. This will sometimes report after I disconnect from the wheel and it tells me that I have ridden "2,043,623 miles." This is on my MSX 84V and EXN HS

7 hours ago, jtm94 said:

While I am riding my "current trip" section will go crazy and the numbers are constantly changing by the thousands.

this is a known problem on Gotways when BT signal is low I am afraid. You can try moving away some of the cables that run over the BT module next time you open up the wheel, or move the BT module altogether, this will solve it. 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Worked for me :)

AM-JKLVxuaZz0DGNpVO6qGLKCXJ7vJNEymyXbmSb 

Hmm... I left my Rock in a drawer for a few months and its battery self-drained (expectedly)... but after an hour on the charger, I can't seem to wake it up now.
Any tips? Thx

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Hmm... I left my Rock in a drawer for a few months and its battery self-drained (expectedly)... but after an hour on the charger, I can't seem to wake it up now.
Any tips? Thx

I have seen it do this, it took some time on the charger before boot. Maybe use a wall USB charger to make sure it wont autorun off due to low current drawn, and give it some time?

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Welp it's been 4 hours on a 5V 1A wall charger, and no sign of life. I did verify 5V at the charging cable pogo pins...

Is there any special  button sequence you know of?

Otherwise, time to break it open...

It should auto start once the bms on the battery sees over a certain number, 3.3volts I think, They are quite simple in this matter, the board is always on, unless the bms shuts off.

Try scanning for it, from the web loader, or/and from daflasher(*). Also, are the green leds on the backside (next to the heart rate sensor) on ?

(*)there is a fail safe on the bootloader that may be relevant. In the button is pressed when the watch cold starts(placed on the charger after a total drain) and then released within 3 secs, the watch will enter DFU(device firmware update) mode. Normally it should exit after a few minutes, but it may be relevant. 

I do not think it will be necessary, but opening it up is easy, top side, the screws are fake, and if you do, change the monopole to one like so, it extends BT range. 

image.thumb.jpeg.df48526953fe41f5a881c11f4ea1bcdf.jpeg

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, enaon said:

Try scanning for it, from the web loader

Nothing found...

4 minutes ago, enaon said:

Also, are the green leds on 

Nope :( 

Have you opened one before? 
Screws on the front bezel are a jewelry-size Torx drive that I don't have... but perhaps the back is a snap-fit plastic shell?

11 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Have you opened one before? 

yes, the easiest of all to open up. Top side, place a thin razor between the metal screen "ring" and the plastic frame, and carefully pry open. Do not remove the screws, they are fake.

if you open it up then it simple to check if the battery has an issue. If shorted, the bms will shutoff. If then it is placed on the charger, it will turn on again, this is how we manually reset them. So don't worry about shorting anything, just check if there is any voltage on the battery output., if not put the charger on, if again nothing, then it could be a bad bms (the bms is on the battery). 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, enaon said:

if you open it up then it simple to check if the battery has an issue. If shorted, the bms will shutoff. If then it is placed on the charger, it will turn on again, this is how we manually reset them. So don't worry about shorting anything, just check if there is any voltage on the battery output., if not put the charger on, if again nothing, then it could be a bad bms (the bms is on the battery). 

Hmm some progress...
I found the cell is at 3.2V, but the BMS output was zero. 
I bypassed the BMS with an ammeter, but no current came. 
Then while fumbling the pieces back into the housing, it woke up. 
Now it's awake but showing 0% SOC, and when I connect the charger there is no response.
I did confirm 5V is present at the input pads on the watch PCB when the charger is connected, so the cable and pin contacts must be OK... 

Bad charging circuit, then?

AM-JKLUNaO8SYKIYBph3zKzDJat-bsi5K7GwUKew

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Now it's awake but showing 0% SOC, and when I connect the charger there is no response.
I did confirm 5V is present at the input pads on the watch PCB when the charger is connected, so the cable and pin contacts must be OK... 

Bad charging circuit, then?

it looks like so, the charger input is on a different pin than the battery, so once it is on it should detect usb power being there or not.

Edited by enaon

Crisis averted! (And now I feel betrayed)

I was using my charging cable from P22.
It fits the Rock perfectly and makes good contact (as mentioned above).

But its electrical polarity is different!
Cable-side pin for Rock is positive.
Cable-side pin for P22 is negative.

So my mistake was all an elaborate test of Rock's reverse-polarity protection on the charging input. It passed.

At least I have a good excuse to upgrade the whip antenna now... thx for tips.

• Like 1

Hi, I saw this project on the video and found it very intriguing to have all needed data on the hand, I bouth p8 smartwatch, but found out that it is p8-b, and when I try to make 1st step via Daflasher app nothing happens - i select file and transmission won't start, I have to select device once again and cycle continues - nothing happened. Am I experiencing these troubles because of processor in the watch?   Is it way to get things working with this wathc? Thank you for your project once again!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tupercav said:

Hi, I saw this project on the video and found it very intriguing to have all needed data on the hand, I bouth p8 smartwatch, but found out that it is p8-b, and when I try to make 1st step via Daflasher app nothing happens - i select file and transmission won't start, I have to select device once again and cycle continues - nothing happened. Am I experiencing these troubles because of processor in the watch?   Is it way to get things working with this wathc? Thank you for your project once again!

Hi, I think the p8-b in not an NRF based watch nomore, best to return it if you can, and get a p22. 

32 minutes ago, enaon said:

Hi, I think the p8-b in not an NRF based watch nomore, best to return it if you can, and get a p22. 

Thank you for the information, I would appreciate if you can give me a link on aliexpress lot with valid p22, because it would be very disappointing to buy wrong model once again)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tupercav said:

Thank you for the information, I would appreciate if you can give me a link on aliexpress lot with valid p22, because it would be very disappointing to buy wrong model once again)

I would go for this one, but any that says p22 on alliexpress is compatible, all p22s use the NRF for now. Some use a 1.3 screen, some an 1.4, it is a bit random, all work. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001110006864.html

Edited by enaon

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new Inmotion V12 HT, so I decided upload all apps from P8-testing.

Now I can scan the V12 HT, but then the dashboard shows all parameters (speed, battery...) at 0 and the settings (lights and so) does not work.

Am I doing anything wrong, or the problem might be that my EUC is a V12 HT, not the normal version?

20 minutes ago, Rotator said:

I have a new Inmotion V12 HT, so I decided upload all apps from P8-testing.

Now I can scan the V12 HT, but then the dashboard shows all parameters (speed, battery...) at 0 and the settings (lights and so) does not work.

Am I doing anything wrong, or the problem might be that my EUC is a V12 HT, not the normal version?

you also need the latest compatible espruno image on the watch for new inmotion protocol to work, they again extended the mtu window. 

check your version on settings-about on the watch, you need 2v12.98 for new v11/v12. (I will add a warning about old firm, thanks)

@dignome made this image, you can find it along with upgrade instructions here

Edited by enaon

Currently lights / horn does not work on v12.  Need to figure out the command being sent from inmotion app first.  The euc watch dash would also need modification to handle the high/low LEDs sequence.

Also if the wheel is pin locked it seems there may be some authentication that has to occur before commands can be sent to the wheel.  Noticed this using the EUC World app - with pin lights toggle does not work but without it works fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HEC said:

Anyone happens to know if this will work with: Chipset: TLSR 8232 / DENVER SW-154 watch?

Thank you.

no it will not, only Nordic NRF52840 or NRF52832 is supported. 

one of Magic3/Rock/Bangle.js2/p8/p22/pinetime,(and G5, c16 and 2-3 more, but not tested yet),  a comparison page will be up soon. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, enaon said:

no it will not, only Nordic NRF52840 or NRF52832 is supported.

Thank you, thought so but just wanted to be sure as it's currently on sale for $10. Back to Aliexpress then.

Can't seems to find a list of features EUC watch has. 

Aside from live info from the wheel;

1. Can it sync with EUC world app?
  2. Log and Upload tour via EUC world?
  3. Connect both euc watch and world on the same wheel at the same time?
  4. Connect different wheel easily(as EUC world)?

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Dubardo said:

Aside from live info from the wheel;

I should let @enaon answer this but I'm going to steal his thunder as a fan of his work.

Yes for I believe everything except KS
Yes

What EUCWatch will allow you to do is to set up a proxy server, think of this as an echo of the data. So EUCWatch connects to your wheel. You connect EUCWorld or DarknessBot or WheelLog or EUCAlarm to the proxy server setup by EUCWatch and those apps think they're talking to a wheel. So all their functions are supported... magic, right?

HOWEVER. There is an issue with EUCWorld and KS where EUCWorld won't connect to the proxy of a KS wheel. @Seba is aware of the problem but I don't know if or when a solution will be offered.

Consequently in your case, given the wheels listed in your profile, you're kind of in the same boat as I am. Can't use the proxy, so EUCWatch serves as a dashboard and when I'm using EUCWatch, I give up the logging functions of EUCWorld.

Which means I don't use EUCWatch. But I really love the work that's been put into it and do support the development. At some point in I'm hoping EUCWorld will be able to connect to the proxy and us KS owners will have all the bells and whistles.

EUCWatch is really a nice setup. And for a free thing, the level of support is unreal.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1