eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

9 hours ago, Techos78 said:

Is bangle.js 2  a really credible solution, compared to Rock watch? 

the bangle js 2 version is close to release, it will be the same as the rock/magic one,  a manual is included in the os in the form of balloon tips, but I am not sure the p8/p22 will be supported. 

I like the bangle, best BT strength so far, small screen but nice for summer time I think. 

comparing to the rock is not easy, the rock has a huge screen by comparison. 

The benefits of the bangle the way I see it are:

• Ready to use, no hacking etc.
  • one gets to support the espruino project. 
  • If I get borred/crash/whatever, the bangle still is an excellent opensource watch, regardless of the eucwatch version. 
  • it is a very nice way for one to learn JavaScript, a lot of tutorials and apps available. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

Hey Awesome work on the watch mate, looks amazing. I bought a popglory P22 watch and set it up according to your instructions with the new 2.1 image. I've been trying to connect to a V8F and after I connect wheel chimes a bunch and the speedo shows up for about a second before "retry" shows up. I hold down the side button to try and reconnect but the same thing keeps happening where it'll ask to retry after the speedo showing up momentarily. Also after a while the watch will just completely freeze up on a black screen and I have to hard press the button for a minute to reset. I've tried re flashing the watch and reinstalling all the apps but it still seems to have the same issue. Any idea on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zentio said:

Hey Awesome work on the watch mate, looks amazing. I bought a popglory P22 watch and set it up according to your instructions with the new 2.1 image. I've been trying to connect to a V8F and after I connect wheel chimes a bunch and the speedo shows up for about a second before "retry" shows up. I hold down the side button to try and reconnect but the same thing keeps happening where it'll ask to retry after the speedo showing up momentarily. Also after a while the watch will just completely freeze up on a black screen and I have to hard press the button for a minute to reset. I've tried re flashing the watch and reinstalling all the apps but it still seems to have the same issue. Any idea on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

yes, sorry about that, use this loader, connect, remove the inmotion v5/v8/v10 module, and install it again. 
Please report back that all is ok after you use it for some time, so that I will push the changes. 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing#euc

• Like 3

Mate amazing, you're a life saver, the connection seems to hold now. Tested it today while riding as well and everything seems to be working well. If you ever want me to test more stuff feel free to reach out, I'll gladly help!

• Like 2

Hey not sure if I'm doing anything wrong here but I've been trying to get music controls working on the watch and had no luck. I've connected the watch to my phone via gadgetbridge. But I'm not sure if that's the right way to go. The button in BT menu doesn't do anything atm. Any ideas?

On 1/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, enaon said:

yes, music control (HID) is disabled, it was taking too much ram, sorry. 

So just to confirm, this watch solution won't be able to control the phones music player at the same time? I ask because I use my Pebble to display EUCW data/vibrations as well as control the music player. I was considering this option as the display appears larger than the Pebble but I can't sacrifice the music control.

11 hours ago, Planemo said:

So just to confirm, this watch solution won't be able to control the phones music player at the same time? I ask because I use my Pebble to display EUCW data/vibrations as well as control the music player. I was considering this option as the display appears larger than the Pebble but I can't sacrifice the music control.

It will, I will enable it sometime in the future, but better go for the Rock, not the p8/p22, if you want music control etc. 

Edited by enaon

9 hours ago, enaon said:

It will, I will enable it sometime in the future, but better go for the Rock, not the p8/p22, if you want music control etc. 

Cheers, although I have no idea what 'the Rock' is, other than him being a famous film star. Guess I better do some research :)

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Cheers, although I have no idea what 'the Rock' is, other than him being a famous film star. Guess I better do some research :)

Sory about that, the Rock is the one of four new gen watches that will be the main dev target moving forward for this year. 

I recommend the Rock for its very bright big screen, huge battery (60days standby is the target) and the 2 side buttons. It is not a pretty watch, but is a nice eucWatch :) 

https://usa.banggood.com/50-Days-StandbyKospet-Rock-1_69-Inch-Large-Screen-Heart-Rate-Blood-Pressure-SpO2-Monitor-20-Sport-Modes-bluetooth-5_0-Three-proof-Outdoor-Smart-Watch-p-1794701.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=6287830

the hacking how to is here, not everything is working ok, will be ready soon.
https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/blob/main/tools/hackme2/readme.md

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

Thats brilliant many thanks for those links. I will take a look and see if I can find the Rock deliverable to the UK. I will also take a closer look at those hacking instructions, I am in no way clever with this sort of thing but the instructions look pretty straightforward. Cheers! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @enaon. Thank you for your work and for all you are sharing. I have a Rock watch but I can't finish the step 3. I get the error message "GATT ERROR" Any idea how to fix that? Thank you.Hello @enaon. Thank you for your work and for all you are sharing. I have a Rock watch but I can't finish the step 3. I get the error message "GATT ERROR" Any idea how to fix that? Thank you.

38 minutes ago, powhatan2006 said:

Hello @enaon. Thank you for your work and for all you are sharing. I have a Rock watch but I can't finish the step 3. I get the error message "GATT ERROR" Any idea how to fix that? Thank you.Hello @enaon. Thank you for your work and for all you are sharing. I have a Rock watch but I can't finish the step 3. I get the error message "GATT ERROR" Any idea how to fix that? Thank you.

hello, so you followed this guide for the Magic3/Rock?
https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme2/
and then got stuck a step3?

If yes, do you see the watch as DfuTarg on daflasher?

If yes, and you still get a gatt error, it could be android version/daflasher issue. You may use the nrftoolbox to perform step3, or maybe another phone.

To use nrftoolbox, download it from playstore, run it,
select DFU from main screen,

->select file (Distribution packet(ZIP)) -> step3 file

->select device-> choose your watch

->upload.

• Like 1

Hello. Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, I followed that guide. I am not sure the step 2 finished as expected, I think the watch disconnected too soon...

It does not appear as DfuTarg on daflasher, but Magic3 7cb0. It means that step 2 did not go well? If I try again, step 2, the watch disconnects too quick, before I can upload any file: it connects, I can see "Getting app list" on the down side of the screen, but it disconnected before the progress bar is full.

Edited by powhatan2006

1 minute ago, powhatan2006 said:

Hello. Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, I followed that guide. I am not sure the step 2 finished as expected, I think the watch disconnected too soon...

It does not appear as DfuTarg on daflasher, but Magic3 7cb0. It means that step 2 did not go well? If I try again, step 2, the watch disconnects too quick, before I can upload any file.

ok, lets try to solve the disconnecting issue first. This should not happen, the loader should not disconnect by its own. 
Are you using the loader from the phone and chrome?
can you try another chrome, pc or android, to verify that indeed it disconnects there too?

11 minutes ago, enaon said:

ok, lets try to solve the disconnecting issue first. This should not happen, the loader should not disconnect by its own. 
Are you using the loader from the phone and chrome?
can you try another chrome, pc or android, to verify that indeed it disconnects there too?

I tried with Chrome from Android and a PC. It connects, it starts with "Getting app list" progress bar but in less than a second it disconnects and the bar stops. 

10 minutes ago, powhatan2006 said:

I tried with Chrome from Android and a PC. It connects, it starts with "Getting app list" progress bar but in less than a second it disconnects and the bar stops. 

thanks, so it looks a bit strange. 

thy this please, 

https://www.espruino.com/ide/

press the button on left top corner to connect, connect, and paste the output if gives on the left black side. You can use this telegram group if you like https://t.me/eucWatch

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 1:33 PM, enaon said:

If yes, and you still get a gatt error, it could be android version/daflasher issue. You may use the nrftoolbox to perform step3, or maybe another phone.

To use nrftoolbox, download it from playstore, run it,
select DFU from main screen,

->select file (Distribution packet(ZIP)) -> step3 file

->select device-> choose your watch

->upload.

tried it first with an old android 8 phone and daflasher failed consistently at 24% on step 1. after getting a used pixel 4 with android 12 the first 2 steps worked fine but crashed daflasher on step 3+4. using nrftoolbox did the trick with the last 2 steps. 

you did a really nice job, can't wait for future versions of eucWatch!

• Like 2

Hello, I received a Rock today and attempted to flash it. It seemed to be going smoothly until the start of step 3. Daflasher displayed it as Magic3 in the list. Upon selecting it I was not greeted with the screen displayed on the github walkthrough with Bluetooth / Nordic. Instead it had bootloader and do Dfu update. Nothing was shown about Dfutarg either. I closed out out Daflasher and attempted to restart it, now the watch is not displaying in the list at all. I would appreciate any help you could provide on this.

• Like 1

After sitting with the Daflasher on the scan screen for 10+ minutes a Dfutarg propagated into the list. I attempted to do step 3 but it ended with a gatt error. After following the suggestion to try nfrtoolbox the watch again will not show up in the scan list of either app as Magic3 or Dfutarg.

• Like 1