eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

1 hour ago, Triexy said:

what I cant turn off

no need to turn it off, it doens;t have a real time clock chip, turn off means loose time.
the standby on the rock is over 40 days, no need to turn it off I think. 

Do an install all again f you want, the kingsong client on the settings part is now ready, but other things are still not, so do it only if you want to play, not for usage yet. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, enaon said:

no need to turn it off, it doens;t have a real time clock chip, turn off means loose time.
the standby on the rock is over 40 days, no need to turn it off I think. 

Do an install all again f you want, the kingsong client on the settings part is now ready, but other things are still not, so do it only if you want to play, not for usage yet. 

Why shuold I kill battery if I dont use it -.- thats why I want to turn it off, its fine I will waiting I think and how do I an update I is the screensize fixed now too? Really thx for your time and your work.

Edited by Triexy

15 minutes ago, Triexy said:

Why shuold I kill battery if I dont use it -.- thats why I want to turn it off, its fine I will waiting I think and how do I an update I is the screensize fixed now too? Really thx for your time and your work.

There is no shutdown on those devices*, the cpu is always on and running, the only thing I can do it to put all sensors in standby mode, and keep the cpu loop to minimum, else the button will not work to wake it up  :)

this has been asked many times in the past, I was always trying to explain it doesn't make sence, but I give up, I have added it on the p8/p22 and the rock :D

there is now an "off" button where the devmode button (that was for development, but I do not think anyone is using it) was, it is basically a link to screen off/BT disabled/accelerator in standby/touch panel in sleep mode/loop in devmode (minimum). 

It will not be much better drain wise that just letting the watch be I think, but I understand it makes sense to exist, thanks. 

*this is why they will arrive on an empty battery and will need an initial charge when new. The bms is on the battery, more or less like our EUC. Like you cannot really turn off an euc, so you cannot the watch,. When you "turn off" the EUC, the cpu on it (very similar to the one on the watch) is still running, draining the battery, waiting for a button press to "turn on". The battery is huge on the euc, so you cannot really see it, but it is the same. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, enaon said:

There is no shutdown on those devices*, the cpu is always on and running, the only thing I can do it to put all sensors in standby mode, and keep the cpu loop to minimum, else the button will not work to wake it up  :)

this has been asked many times in the past, I was always trying to explain it doesn't make sence, but I give up, I have added it on the p8/p22 and the rock :D

there is now an "off" button where the devmode button (that was for development, but I do not think anyone is using it) was, it is basically a link to screen off/BT disabled/accelerator in standby/touch panel in sleep mode/loop in devmode (minimum). 

It will not be much better drain wise that just letting the watch be I think, but I understand it makes sense to exist, thanks. 

*this is why they will arrive on an empty battery and will need an initial charge when new. The bms is on the battery, more or less like our EUC. Like you cannot really turn off an euc, so you cannot the watch,. When you "turn off" the EUC, the cpu on it (very similar to the one on the watch) is still running, draining the battery, waiting for a button press to "turn on". The battery is huge on the euc, so you cannot really see it, but it is the same. 

Thats why I dont like the KS 18xl on charge it turns always on and connect to my phone -.- Ok so you need to dev because at start I can turn the watch thats why I was wondering and thought it is a bug :D and how can I update do I need to use the webapp again where I delete all apps and reinstall the new ones or how?

57 minutes ago, Triexy said:

and how can I update do I need to use the webapp again where I delete all apps and reinstall the new ones or how?

for now go to the magic/rock loader->connect-> installer tab-> "install all apps" again, no versioning yet, but files do change, the ks client is ready but the loader will not inform you, so do an install all again. 

Edited by enaon

38 minutes ago, enaon said:

for now go to the magic/rock loader->connect-> installer tab-> "install all apps" again, no versioning yet, but files do change, the ks client is ready but the loader will not inform you, so do an install all again. 

Ah ok thx for info, I want to know it for future updates.

31 minutes ago, Triexy said:

Ah ok thx for info, I want to know it for future updates.

ok , but future updates will not be like that, the loader will inform you of changes when you connect, so no "install all apps" will be needed. I only told you to install again in case you wanted to try the ks client, else just wait a bit more. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 10:38 PM, enaon said:

ok , but future updates will not be like that, the loader will inform you of changes when you connect, so no "install all apps" will be needed. I only told you to install again in case you wanted to try the ks client, else just wait a bit more. 

I did the update do you have an changelog or something? If its needed I can do some tests if you want it, to example Display troubles or whatever.

4 hours ago, Triexy said:

I did the update do you have an changelog or something? If its needed I can do some tests if you want it, to example Display troubles or whatever.

on the p8/p22 loader you can find what is changed by pressing the version number next to the scripts that are to be updated. 

in the Magic/Rock one, no changelog yet

image.thumb.png.3af666cbe48d6fb6a12d6c2482c15acc.png

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why but my watch doesn't automatically connect to my Nik+ anymore. It just shows a field saying "Total". I have to delete the wheel from my garage, then scan for Gotway wheels, then click on the long string of characters (a MAC address?), then it connects fine. A some point before it will need me to redo this process - perhaps after turning the wheel off. Any clues?

I'll admit I hadn't used the watch for a while so I'd forgotten how to navigate between the screens - I just press and swipe in all directions until something happens. This probably means it's user error. Ideally I just want the watch to recognise the wheel automatically and show me speed and battery% as I ride a long plus be able to turn the lights on and off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@enaon I got myself a Rock (it's uge!) and of course...

Using the instructions at https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme2/

Used DaFlasher successfully and got to the black screen on step 1

Went to the loader page/Library/Core, connected to my Rock but the bootloader-MAGIC-ROCK v1.00 'app' (that shouldn't be installed on a working watch) doesn't have the little upload arrow thing so I'm stuck on Step 2.

so.... hint? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :rolleyes:

Edited by Tawpie

11 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

@enaon I got myself a Rock (it's uge!) and of course...

Using the instructions at https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme2/

Used DaFlasher successfully and got to the black screen on step 1

Went to the loader page/Library/Core, connected to my Rock but the bootloader-MAGIC-ROCK v1.00 'app' (that shouldn't be installed on a working watch) doesn't have the little upload arrow thing so I'm stuck on Step 2.

so.... hint? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :rolleyes:

so, you are on step2 of part one, correct?

refresh the site, then connect to the watch again, the arrow will only appear once connected. 

ps, I was wrong , it is the trash that only appears after conection. You can use this if it is convenient, or post an image here?

https://t.me/eucWatch

Edited by enaon

11 minutes ago, enaon said:

so, you are on step2 of part one, correct?

refresh the site, then connect to the watch again, the arrow will only appear once connected.

correct...

I refreshed the page, connected, it read the app list… and still no upload arrow? (I made a movie if that helps) 

Edited by Tawpie

3 minutes ago, enaon said:

thanks, this is on mine, windows10 pc, I can see the arrow is moved a bit, maybe the text is too long, maybe this is the problem?

Capture.PNG

oh jeez, that's hilarious. Exactly it... move it to the side and voila. Grazie. On we go!

whelp, step 3 didn't go well... 

Disconnected the loader page from the watch (good)

Launched DaFlasher, found Dfu targ, selected it

DaFlasher said "disconnected"... (never got to try to upload the Step 3 file) and now Dfu targ no longer appears in the connection list. So back to stuck. The Dfu targ doesn't show up in the loader 'pair' screen either.

Gotta run for a bit... Thank you @enaon!

(there are a FTON of bluetooth devices around me... jeepers)

Just now, Tawpie said:

whelp, step 3 didn't go well... 

Disconnected the loader page from the watch (good)

Launched DaFlasher, found Dfu targ, selected it

DaFlasher said "disconnected"... (never got to try to upload the Step 3 file) and now Dfu targ no longer appears in the connection list. So back to stuck. The Dfu targ doesn't show up in the loader 'pair' screen either.

Gotta run for a bit... Thank you @enaon!

(there are a FTON of bluetooth devices around me... jeepers)

don't run too fast, maybe the update is active on the background :)

let me know once you are available so we can solve it. 

That didn’t work (several tries), but I downloaded the nRF toolbox, which led me to try Device Firmware Update. Selecting Firmware Upgrade, then the file and device successfully uploaded the step3 file.

yay!

step 4… DaFlasher still gets the GATT ERROR so trying nRF toolbox and it 🤮  with DFU CHARACTERISTIC NOT FOUND. Step 3 worked some, it renamed the device to Magic3 a111

booo…

75472535-1-FA0-4109-A6-C8-E429-D9-BEF50-

Edited by Tawpie

nice work using nrf toolbox. 

Yes, step4 is tricky, read the how to once more, you need to put it to dfu (device firmware update mode) first, then flash it. The name should not be magic, but dfuTarg. If daflasher is giving you trouble, try a phone with android prior to 11, or maybe use daflasher to take the watch to dfu, and the toolbox to flash?

Edited by enaon

UPDATE: 

• Phone is a Moto G7 Play running Android 10
  • Watch is running Espruino 2v10.360 (per DaFlasher when it finds the watch, which is hit-and-miss)
  • After uploading the step3 file and failing to upload the step4 file, the watch no longer advertises a name, it's now unknown but I did grab its MAC address so I know which one it should be
  • DaFlasher consistently gives GATT ERROR
  • nRF Toolbox consistently gives DFU CHARACTERISTIC UNKNOWN

A BIT MORE DETAIL:

1. I got the step3 file uploaded using the nRF Toolbox, so I'm at the tricky step 4
  2. DaFlasher: after connection it says the device was found in Espurino mode, tap Start Bootloader to flash it... because I'm thrashing around in the dark, I did that, it started the boot loader, said "Look at the Tracker are there 3 arrows? Great, now click on Do DFU Update to Flash it'". I don't see a way way to see the tracker so can't tell if the arrows are there. A few seconds later DaFlasher says disconnected
  3. Force quit and relaunch DaFlasher, connect to device: now DaFlasher says "BLE Device was found in Nordic Secure Bootloader mode you can Flash it by clicking on "Do DFU Update". It was probably saying this all along, but who actually reads the destructions? I mean, honestly.
  4. I power cycled the watch (hold power for 20 seconds, release, wait, press power button again)

So... I waited until the watch showed back up in the DaFlasher device scan, then connected to it where it said it was in Espurino mode. Then I *really quickly* tapped "Start Bootloader" then "Do DFU Update", turn off "Toggle Bluetooth" and turn on "Use Nodic Bootloader" and "Select DFU File" and the step 4 filename. 

Success!!!!

The difference between success and GATT ERROR was:

1. start by tapping Start Bootloader, then Do DFU Update
  2. do the tapping very quickly, seems like you have 3-5 seconds to get everything set and the file chosen

Post-install went well, now it's time to see if I can connect to a wheel!

Thank you for babysitting me through this @enaon!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

UPDATE: 

• Phone is a Moto G7 Play running Android 10
  • Watch is running Espruino 2v10.360 (per DaFlasher when it finds the watch, which is hit-and-miss)
  • After uploading the step3 file and failing to upload the step4 file, the watch no longer advertises a name, it's now unknown but I did grab its MAC address so I know which one it should be
  • DaFlasher consistently gives GATT ERROR
  • nRF Toolbox consistently gives DFU CHARACTERISTIC UNKNOWN

A BIT MORE DETAIL:

1. I got the step3 file uploaded using the nRF Toolbox, so I'm at the tricky step 4
  2. DaFlasher: after connection it says the device was found in Espurino mode, tap Start Bootloader to flash it... because I'm thrashing around in the dark, I did that, it started the boot loader, said "Look at the Tracker are there 3 arrows? Great, now click on Do DFU Update to Flash it'". I don't see a way way to see the tracker so can't tell if the arrows are there. A few seconds later DaFlasher says disconnected
  3. Force quit and relaunch DaFlasher, connect to device: now DaFlasher says "BLE Device was found in Nordic Secure Bootloader mode you can Flash it by clicking on "Do DFU Update". It was probably saying this all along, but who actually reads the destructions? I mean, honestly.
  4. I power cycled the watch (hold power for 20 seconds, release, wait, press power button again)

So... I waited until the watch showed back up in the DaFlasher device scan, then connected to it where it said it was in Espurino mode. Then I *really quickly* tapped "Start Bootloader" then "Do DFU Update", turn off "Toggle Bluetooth" and turn on "Use Nodic Bootloader" and "Select DFU File" and the step 4 filename. 

Success!!!!

The difference between success and GATT ERROR was:

1. start by tapping Start Bootloader, then Do DFU Update
  2. do the tapping very quickly, seems like you have 3-5 seconds to get everything set and the file chosen

Post-install went well, now it's time to see if I can connect to a wheel!

Thank you for babysitting me through this @enaon!

nice, out of curiosity, did you follow the two steps sequence described on the how to, and it was still failing?
I mean the part where you press scan->connect to magic/unknown-> press "start bootloader"

then close daflasher, run again, scan->connect to dfutarg-> press "Do DFU Update"

and then upload step4 file?

16 minutes ago, enaon said:

I mean the part where you press scan->connect to magic/unknown-> press "start bootloader"

I did! And after Start Bootloader Force Quit and Relaunch DaFlasher, Dfu Targ didn't show up by name or MAC address. It seemed to take about 30 minutes to time out before it would show up again. Who knows, maybe my bucket of karma is running low.

Or, maybe I needed to do the force quit before Start Bootloader disconnected...

(I would try to get better repro steps for you, but then I'd have to go backwards and I understand that's not possible)

Thank you again!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1