eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

4 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

D6Flasher

Are you realy using d6flasher? It should be daflasher, it is the next version, d6flasher was for dsd6 bands. 

If this was a typo, just try it again (start daflasher over) and it will work. 

Edited by enaon

6 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I typed in daflasher into playstore and was a bit confused when 2 apps showed up. Should I start again with the new app or have I screwed the watch now :) 

(I thought I was doing remarkably well for me).

since you managed to get it to a 3 square screen, it should be ok :)

but use DaFlasher now to continue, delete D6Flasher from the phone, D6Flasher will not work for steps 2-3-4.

Edited by enaon

Only problem is the DaFlasher program won't update the watch with the new Step 2 file. The flasher program stays on 0%.

I wondered whether I need to restart the watch but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this - I just have the 3 squares.

ok, I will ask atc1441 if what you did (installing step1 file from D6Flasher) was a problem and will come back at you. 

you cannot restart it, it is not running, it is just waiting for an upgrade. 

In the mean time try rebooting the phone and see it this helps getting the step2 file in. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Rebooting the phone doesn't seem to have helped - still stuck at 0% on Step 2.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Sorry for my mistake.

no problem, I have asked atc1441 about this case, when he responds I will post here. 

• Like 1

just to verify, are you selecting the "use nordic bootloader" check as per the how-to?

Select Toggle Bluetooth and Use Nordic Bootloader. Then press the Select DFU file button, and choose the file step2-xxx.

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

ok, atc1441 confirmed that there was no problem with what you did, so it must be the "use nordic bootloader" check, enable this please and try again. 

• Like 1

I have now tried all combinations but currently both the nordic bootloader and toggle bluetooth options are ticked. 

It says it's started DFU  but seems stuck at 0% while loading step2.

The device name shows ATCdfu.

The watch just shows the 3 squares but occasionally slowly redraws them.

I'm not getting any error message.

I have now tried all combinations but currently both the nordic bootloader and toggle bluetooth options are ticked. 

just do it again, "nordic bootloader" is a must, you will get gatt errors without it. 
Try a few times, do not try it without the nordic, and it will work. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It says it's started DFU  but seems stuck at 0% while loading step2.

The device name shows ATCdfu.

The watch just shows the 3 squares but occasionally slowly redraws them.

I'm not getting any error message.

have you managed to proceed?  

• Like 1

I've tried about 30 times now. It did manage to load step 2 at one point and I thought everything was fixed but sadly it's now stuck at step 3. The watch just has a single red square at the top of it's screen. I've tried restarting my phone many times. It just says "Started DFU" and the progress reads 0%. 

Is there a way of restarting from step 1?

Is there a log anywhere that says what has worked?

Should I just keep trying on stage 3?

10 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The watch just has a single red square at the top of it's screen.

nice so step 2 is done. try step 3 now.

I've tried about 30 times now. 

this is a bit strange, some retries are not rare, but so many times is. If you have another phone around it could help I think, or maybe check if there are other devices using the BT, like earphones, and turn them off? 

Is there a log anywhere that says what has worked?

the one square on screen means that step2 is done successfully. 

Should I just keep trying on stage 3?

yes please,  It will work eventually, don't give up :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

You don't realise how many bluetooth devices you have, my mouse and keyboard, some headphones, my kindle, a supernote ewriter and an amazon Alexa. I even tried doing the download in a metal bath (the closest I have to a faraday cage) but it didn't seem to improve things.

It once showed 11% progress while I was trying to load Step 3 - then the name changed to DFUtang. So maybe it suceeded? Anyway the screen is blank now on the watch. 

I went through my loop of restarting my phone, trying to connect to the watch via DaFlasher, trying to load the DFU step 3 file and getting either no error but no progress or disconnected or adaptor disabled. I tried about 20 times with no obvious progress then the name changed again to P86Dfo. The DaFlasher now gives me the option of bootloading but is this to reset the watch? Do I need to load a different file to reset the watch?

I'm happy to start again from scratch as that will correct my mistake of using the D6 flasher initially.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time on this.

28 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It once showed 11% progress while I was trying to load Step 3 - then the name changed to DFUtang. So maybe it suceeded? Anyway the screen is blank now on the watch. 

very nice, dfutarg+black screen means that step3 is done. :)

I went through my loop of restarting my phone, trying to connect to the watch via DaFlasher, trying to load the DFU step 3 file and getting either no error but no progress or disconnected or adaptor disabled. I tried about 20 times with no obvious progress then the name changed again to P86Dfo. 

This looks like you send step4 already?  Could it be that you did? Maybe all is done now, and you can move to the part two of the process, the easy part?

go to this site: (using a chrome based browser, PC or android) 
https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing

Press the connect button on top right, select bluetooth, and try to connect to the P8 (if the connect button does nothing, try refreshing the site)
If you succeed, then go to the "installer" tab, press the "install all apps" button, select a name you want or leave it to defaults, and do the install. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It's all working!!!!

I'll need to work out how to change the appearance of things - I'm just looking for a speed and battery percentage. I've now just got to find a way of turning the watch off. I'll read through your docs or find a youtube video.

Many thanks for all your help

Super, I am very happy we made it :)

To change simple to advanced dash, do a down swipe when on a dash. 
to change info shown on top blocks, tap on them

to setup kph/mph etc, call global settings from dash(up swipe) and press the "i" button on bottom center. 

to access the wheel's settings page, do a left swipe when on dash

I've now just got to find a way of turning the watch off.

if you mean the connection to the wheel, then connection/disconnection is done by usinga long press on the side button. 

if you mean turning the watch off, you cannot, but the standby is about 60days, so you don't need to :)

Edited by enaon

On 9/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, enaon said:

Notice:

there is now a p22d on the market. Do not flash this one, better return it.

If flashed will not get bricked, all steps up to installing eucWatch will go through, but as of yet the screen display is unusable, it will look like it is stuck. 

it may be supported in the future . 

Update:

all P22 revisions (A/B/C/D/B1/C1) are now compatible. 

• Like 2

@enaon might this work? 

It's a lot more expensive and the screen is lower resolution, he says he's basically funding toolchain development... I curious about it because I do app development and if this thing will run js I want to see what my stuff looks like on it. And it would be a super bonus to be able to try out your SW!

Edited by Tawpie

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Do you want me to offer any comments regards your firmware? If so, would you like them via PM or on here?

Sure, maybe post them here so it could be of help to others, but pm ai good too, what ever suits you. 

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

It's a lot more expensive and the screen is lower resolution, he says he's basically funding toolchain development... I curious about it because I do app development and if this thing will run js I want to see what my stuff looks like on it. And it would be a super bonus to be able to try out your SW!

this is the official bangle2 watch, it is now on kickstarter and the cost is not that bad. The only reason the first gen Bangle is not compatible with eucWatch, Is that the BT signal was so bad on it, that I did not even gave it a try :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gfw/banglejs-2-the-open-smart-watch/

I could have used the exact same model too (as the bangle2), it has been available for quite some time, but I didn't want to get in his way :)
My project uses 3 main puzzles, the work of atc1441 for bypassing security on DaFit watches to make them flashable, the work of Gordon (espruino) and the work of Fanoush (espruino drivers and special knowledge. )

I will too move to the nfr52840 platform sometime before Christmas I hope, and then eucWatch will work on the bangle2, so getting a bangle2 is a nice investment and a good way to say thanks to Gordon. At that time I will look at the possibility of making eucWatch an app for Bangle.js as well. 

Other than this, development is done the same way, we both use the same infrastructure, I am a novice programmer and he is a pro, the only part that my solution maybe better is usability I think, because I made for a  specific usage, where as he is making an all for one, and he still has to support the old bangle apps that were made with no touch screen in mind. 

http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/352566/

and espruino is also getting better because of EUCs, the work done to support V11 was passed in the main code too. :)
http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/362761/#comment15948435

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch