AVAS sounds for EUC World

@Seba! There's probably a suggestions thread somewhere but, and this has been mentioned before, could you add "don't change pitch of speed-dependent sound" to your to-do-someday list? I'd like to play a train bell sound at constant pitch but louder as speed increases and it's a bit too much like a church bell when the pitch is changing.

I'm using a flic button to turn avas on and off so it's only on when people are in range because generally I prefer quiet.

Thx!!! (I love AVAS but didn't really want to use it until I splurged on the flic button, phone lives tucked away in a pocket)

EDIT: I sort of figured out a workaround... I set the lowest and highest pitch speed to the same value (2 kph). 

I put my bell on zippyshare https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/GsC4NDyi/file.html (give me one ding Vasilie, one ding only)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys... i love the AVAS... i have a question.
Is it possible to mix and match sounds through the App?
For example i want the Idle and Engine off sound from the
Jetsons, and the Start up and Speed sounds from the Tron bike.
Is it possible to do this? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vagelis4VP said:

Hi guys... i love the AVAS... i have a question.
Is it possible to mix and match sounds through the App?
For example i want the Idle and Engine off sound from the
Jetsons, and the Start up and Speed sounds from the Tron bike.
Is it possible to do this? 

I think you can just go into the EUCW folders on the phone and swop them around to whatever you want?

33 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I think you can just go into the EUCW folders on the phone and swop them around to whatever you want?

Thnx,,, i tried that... but the app installed them automatically on mine, when i tried to unzip them, and i dont see any separate .wav files from each packet/sound.
The only individually .wav files i see, are the default one with Harley's sounds.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vagelis4VP said:

Thnx,,, i tried that... but the app installed them automatically on mine, when i tried to unzip them, and i dont see any separate .wav files from each packet/sound.
The only individually .wav files i see, are the default one with Harley's sounds.

One can choose every AVAS sound in the EUC World AVAS menu.

wav files are by default in the EUC World/Sounds folder - but can be choosen from any other place, too.

6 minutes ago, Vagelis4VP said:

ok.. i dont know how you've done it guys, but i dont see any .wav files in the Sounds folder of the EUC app... i see only the individual .avaspack files.
Thnx anyways for the replies:)

EUC World can use a complete AVAS setting from such an .avaspack file. If you unpack them (is a ?zipped? file) you can change specific settings to some specific wav files.

42 minutes ago, Vagelis4VP said:

when i tried to unzip them, and i dont see any separate .wav files from each packet/sound

Unzipping seems to be your problem...

• Like 1

Yes.. when i try to unzip them with an unzipper, it points me to open it with the EUC World app, and if i choose it, it just installs it automatically, without unzipping them into the .wav files.
I dont see any option to just unzip the files... anyways,,, im fine as it is with the default Tron bike sound:).... i will go with this for now, until i find how to just unzip the files.. (dangg newbie:)) 

26 minutes ago, Vagelis4VP said:

I dont see any option to just unzip the files... anyways,,, im fine as it is with the default Tron bike sound:).... i will go with this for now, until i find how to just unzip the files.. (dangg newbie:)) 

You can try to rename it to an .zip file. But as it seems android autoextracts wav files to the audio folder. (Edit: files are in a subfolder named as the zip file).So you have to use them from there or move the files.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You can try to rename it to an .zip file. But as it seems android autoextracts wav files to the audio folder. So you have to use them from there or move the files.

ok..thnx.. good advice ... i will try it at some point to see if this works... 
.also big thanks and kudos to all the guys who made these file sounds.. i dont like blasting music through the speaker.. but i love these engine sounds for to warn pedestrians:)

• Like 2

@AeonDrone I thought it'd be better to discuss this here, since actual sound files are sort of off-your-other-topic. Here's a video of your sounds, I like them, except for the fade out fade in. I don't think EUCW needs that, if the loop is pretty precisely made EUCW does an excellent job of seamlessly splicing. I tried to show my speed but the watch wasn't connected to EUCW at that moment. I had the min and max speeds set so it did hit max playback speed.

The best way I've found to get the files on my Android is to mail them to myself. Then open the email on the phone and download the files. In EUCW, tap the effect you want (speed dependent file for example) and you might have to search around but locate the downloaded file. Repeat for each of the other effects. Two posts above this is how to do it as a sound pack, but I think the file naming would want to be precise so EUCW knows which is which.

Excellent effect BTW, I do like it

Sorry it's upside down... Vimeo must pay attention to the orientation flag and for whatever reason even flipping the video doesn't work correctly on Vimeo, it's right side up in my photo album!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:18 PM, Tawpie said:

thought it'd be better to discuss this here, since actual sound files are sort of off-your-other-topic. Here's a video of your sounds, I like them, except for the fade out fade in.

That's so cool haha yeah I can hear how the fade makes it sound less natural. I will fix that! Can you email it to me please? :D aeondrone@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 8:31 AM, Seba said:

AVAS pack is basically a ZIP file, so you can do following:

1. Download AVAS pack to a desktop computer from https://euc.world/library
  2. Change its extension from .avaspack to .zip
  3. Unzip content to some folder
  4. Change WAV files according to your needs, keeping their names intact
  5. Create new ZIP archive and change its extension drom .zip to .avaspack
  6. Save it to your mobile device, then open AVAS pack with EUC World (using file browser)

Don't forget to keep WAV format unchanged (codec, sampling frequency etc.). Not all WAVs will work equally well with AVAS.

Thank you. I didn't realize there as more options. Downloaded them all and can't wait to try them out. 
Are there any other sound packs people have made that are any good?

I dont know whats the experience of others, I hoped AVAS will help prevent some situations. Unfortunatelly I must say that >90% people that already ignores their surroundings, ignores also AVAS. KS-16S volume on max and default EUCWorld AVAS.
OK, i can use some BT speaker or different sounds, but I dont want to be "a train" just for prevention (and the nerves with BT sound not connecting randomly...).
Maybe sound of bike can be familiar more to people subconscious? "cricket"? (sound of bike riding on "neutral" - no pedaling) Hard to find correct words in English.
Anyway, nice function!

Edited by Miko.cz
typu

1 hour ago, Miko.cz said:

I dont know whats the experience of others, I hoped AVAS will help prevent some situations. Unfortunatelly I must say that >90% people that already ignores their surroundings, ignores also AVAS. KS-16S volume on max and default EUCWorld AVAS.
OK, i can use some BT speaker or different sounds, but I dont want to be "a train" just for prevention (and the nerves with BT sound not connecting randomly...).
Maybe sound of bike can be familiar more to people subconscious? "cricket"? (sound of bike riding on "neutral" - no pedaling) Hard to find correct words in English.
Anyway, nice function!

Fingerbell... Most people have been conditioned to respond to that sound. With how we are all saturated in devices making noises and cars blaring music, Im not surprised that most sounds are being ignored. It aint like being aware of your surroundings, is a common thing for people nowadays. I play music on my wheels, but have no issue with yelling 'on your left' when approaching people. A loud verbal declaration of passing intent is my goto. If someone hears 'on your left' and jumps in my way, its THEIR fault.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

good point, well, yes and no.
Daily we see how people (bikers, scooters, we - EUC, pedestrians, car drivers etc.) use the shared space and are (or not) willing to left some space for others.
Ah yes, I also do mistakes... and I will deal with reality :)
What Im trying to say is that AVAS was just helping less then I hoped.

2 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

Maybe sound of bike can be familiar more to people subconscious?

I've been searching and searching for the right sound... haven't found it yet. Now that I have a knobby I might see if a baseball card would work... like when we were 10 years old.

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

jumps in my way, its THEIR fault

and when you wreck, it's YOUR rehab too... expect them to step left—I don't know why they do that but they do.

AVAS was just helping less then I hoped

Agreed. So far it's good for giggles, but I haven't found anything that makes people turn around and check over their shoulder as you approach from a distance. I was considering maybe the ice cream truck song—but that would totally ruin the riding experience for me. I think it's because as a pedestrian, we can't really hear approaching vehicles anyway and never expect to have to be particularly aware of our surroundings to avoid getting run over.

I guess us riders will just have to remain model citizens and go slowly and carefully when sharing the path with pedestrians.

• Like 2

good point, well, yes and no.
Daily we see how people (bikers, scooters, we - EUC, pedestrians, car drivers etc.) use the shared space and are (or not) willing to left some space for others.
Ah yes, I also do mistakes... and I will deal with reality :)
What Im trying to say is that AVAS was just helping less then I hoped.

I think its  a matter of volume too. It takes a LOT of volume to be heard over headphones and the voices in a spandex wearers head. Add to it the speakers we have are typically on sides as we move forwards.. I have a speaker pointed at me on my sherman. Even at full volume, I cant hardly hear it when moving. Oddly, people can hear it once I pass. So.. I guess my speaker should be called "capt obvious", as it only seems to tell people AFTER the fact.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This is really cool. 

Before I knew this was a thing I had given some thought to how I would approach custom sounds on my EUC. I'm not into trying to emulate real sounds. The ones like that Jetson sound are more after my own heart. By for whatever reason I am stuck on the idea a series of stacking harmonics, with each frequency fading in as you attain a certain speed. So that when you were travelling reasonably fast its making a complex harmony. There would be no pitch modulation in this model, and a lot more loops getting mixed in. Maybe I will build something like that for fun. 

• 5 months later...

Hello friends I wonder if anyone made the sound of YZF r6 with gear change included.

Thank you

Spanish

Hola amigos me pregunto si alguno hizo el sonido de YZF r6 con cambio de marchas incluido.

Gracias

• Like 1