AVAS sounds for EUC World

On 9/24/2021 at 6:05 AM, Tawpie said:

@Seba! Probablemente haya un hilo de sugerencias en alguna parte pero, y esto se ha mencionado antes, ¿podría agregar "no cambie el tono del sonido dependiente de la velocidad" a su lista de tareas pendientes algún día? Me gustaría reproducir el sonido de la campana de un tren en un tono constante pero más alto a medida que aumenta la velocidad y es demasiado parecido a la campana de una iglesia cuando el tono está cambiando.

Estoy usando un botón flic para encender y apagar avas, por lo que solo está encendido cuando las personas están dentro del alcance porque, en general, prefiero el silencio.

¡¡¡Gracias!!! (Me encanta AVAS, pero realmente no quería usar hasta que derroché en el botón flic, el teléfono vive escondido en un bolsillo)

EDITAR: En cierto modo descubrí una solución... Configuré la velocidad de paso más baja y más alta en el mismo valor (2 kph). 

Puse mi campana en zippyshare  https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/GsC4NDyi/file.html  (dame un ding Vasilie, solo un ding)

No found link 

Google Translate:

There's probably a suggestion thread somewhere but, and this has been mentioned before, could you add "don't change the pitch of the sound dependent on speed" to your to-do list one day? I would like to reproduce the sound of a train bell at a constant pitch but higher as speed increases and is too much like a church bell when the pitch is changing.

I'm using a flic button to turn avas on and off, so it's only on when people are in range because I generally prefer silence.

Thank you!!! (I love AVAS but didn't really want to use it until I splurged on the flic button, the phone lives hidden in a pocket)

EDIT: I sort of figured out a solution... I set the lowest and highest step speed to the same value (2kph).

I put my bell on zippyshare https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/GsC4NDyi/file.html (give me a ding Vasilie, just a ding)

no link found

Edited by meepmeepmayer
English translation added

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't even know if it is possible to have multiple BT audio device in Android, but I'd like to know... Would it be (or is it?) possible to have AVAS on a BT speaker, and voices/alarms on BT headset please?

This would be awesome. I use a bike helmet with an intercom, so I could use intercom for rider relative stuff and use a BT speaker for AVAS/Klaxon

Edited by RolluS

38 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Would it be (or is it?) possible to have AVAS on a BT speaker, and voices/alarms please?

I don't think so, near as I can tell EUCW is only setup for a single audio output and cannot split it up. In other words, EUCW AVAS uses the same audio channel as voice prompts and alarms so I don't believe you can split them so that your AVAS comes out of something like a JBL Clip and your voice prompts/alarms come out of your helmet comms.

As to "Android" being able to use two BT channels, one for music (poor man's AVAS, loop a sound or song for example) and another for EUCWorld, that probably depends on the phone model and firmware. For iOS, my experience is that all audio output goes to a single BT receiver and you can't run two apps to two different receivers at the same time.

It seems that starting with Android 12, there are some audio routing capabilities: https://source.android.com/docs/core/audio/combined-audio-routing

I hadn't dig more into deep in this doc plus I'm not a software dev, but I throw this idea here:

• 'setPreferredDeviceForStrategy' and set/use a Strategy for for AVAS & Klaxon
  • 'setPreferredDeviceForStrategy' and set/use a Strategy for audio messages and alarms

Maybe that's an idea for EUC World V3 @Seba ? :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, Annihilist said:

Is that feature live? Brake sound, or decreasing current sounds is very important to me because without that Impreza sutututu why even live, you know?

As I wrote, it has been added in 2.24 release. You'll only need to define own sound, as soundpacks available in EUC World doesn't have braking sound included.

I tried this out today, and it gets triggered quite randomly, mostly on bumps, and isn't really sustained very long while slowing down (probably because I'm a new rider and I still wobble and balance awkwardly.)

This behavior/usecase is probably not as intended—I'm using it on the high end between 20-40kmph and not at full stop/yield speeds—and may need some easing/filtering to work in this range with the sample that I tried (Toyota Supra turbo flutter,) but the way it currently gets briefly triggered when I take a bump or stop accelerating might be great for my Pagani Huayra backfire samples, which I'm looking forward to try tomorrow.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, Seba said:

As I wrote, it has been added in 2.24 release. You'll only need to define own sound, as soundpacks available in EUC World doesn't have braking sound included.

I have good results for what I've tried in my previous post, but braking sound interrupts the speed-dependent sound. Is this intentional? My workaround was already to use engine sounds with current—because this gives a more responsive and natural sounding pitch/volume up—so no bother there, but I want to layer more tracks if possible.

Edited by Annihilist

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 4:57 PM, Stadler said:

still able to upload own AVAS sounds? been trying through the app but getting error. zipped files. is there another way?

Yes, but the files need to be individual WAV files for startup shutdown idle and speed. Each one can be linked to the particular function in the set your own sounds menu.

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, ahrimRaziel said:

I'm currently working on a sound pack for the xwing fighter and an updated podracer pack. I'm thinking about doing the batmobile from the dark knight as well.

Did you get anywhere with this? :D

• 5 months later...

Is there any way to get the AVAS sounds to play through the internal speaker on the inmotion v13? I got a custom horn sound to play, but can't seem to get the sounds to play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mailliwivad said:

Is there any way to get the AVAS sounds to play through the internal speaker on the inmotion v13? I got a custom horn sound to play, but can't seem to get the sounds to play.

Any bluetooth speaker connected to the phone will work.

• Like 1