AVAS sounds for EUC World

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

Cool edit!!! MAN i was using that in highschool!!!!! :-O

Yes you are young too :w00t2:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ugoaps said:

Hello guys. I have been working on a Star Wars sound (podracer, tie fighter...) with sounds extracted from this video ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLXsWkO2jM&feature=youtu.be

I am very happy with the result. I share link of AVAS files and a little "promotional video":laughbounce2:

These are awesome! Thanks! :cheers:

Can't wait to try them out!

• Like 3

On 5/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, btl said:

@Seba , awesome new feature to an already awesome app, i'll invite you to a beer a month from now on! :cheers:

@ugoaps, thanks you so much for this cool sound pack!

Glad you're enjoying it, thanks for sharing! :)

And this isn't only cool, it's actually very effective in terms of safety...Not only do people hear us in advance and move out of my our, but a few jaywalkers have stopped in their tracks right before stepping out in front of me a lunatic on a one-wheeled pod-racer :D

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Thanks for the sound packs! Can't wait to try them soon. Gonna replace the default Harley with the Star Wars one. The Harley sounds cool, but could get me in trouble if someone mistakes my EUC for a gas powered contraption.

Here's a few more ideas: Helicopter, Steam Train, a loop of the "Dun Dun" theme song from Jaws and Hardcore Sex Soundpacks

Edited by Chaindrop

10 hours ago, RenaissanceMan said:

Hey Folks!

when AVAS became available I also spontaneously had the idea of playing horse sounds through EUC speakers. I did have my own horse for over 16 years and during that time gathered a few movie recordings that provide the audio material for these files. Usage as follows:

• Engine On sound: Wally_Hello_TurnOn_Turbo_Amp_dependent.wav
  • Idling sound: Wally_Idle.wav
  • Speed dependent sound: Wally_Trott_Vel_dep.wav
  • Current dependent sound: Wally_Hello_TurnOn_Turbo_Amp_dependent.wav (same sound as for "Engine On")
  • Temperature dependent sound: (not used)
  • Engine Off sound: Wally_Goodbye_TurnOff.wav

Since the speed/frequency characteristics of a horse differs from that of a combustion engine, I tuned the speed dependent sound DOWN one octave. What you then can do is to set the lowest pitch speed to the speed where you want the speed dependent sound to start and the highest pitch speed setting just 1km/h higher. This then has the effect that as soon as you hit the lower bound the speed dependent sound is triggered two octaves lower than normal (one octave from the sample and one octave from AVAS). But since you are still accelerating you surpass the high pitch speed limit shortly after. For speeds higher than the high pitch speed the sound will then come out with the normal pitch (one octave down from the sample and one octave up from AVAS).

And although Wally's call has become silent for good her memory lives on in these samples.

Wally.7z 3 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for the contribution and detailed instructions! Very nice, will try it out!

So cool that you can keep his memory alive and remember him while riding you wheel! :)

BTW, a workaround to overcome the pitch issues would be the option of having only the speed change, but not the tone/pitch. It's been discussed with @Seba, but not sure whether it might be implemented or not...it will probably depend on the general interest in using animal sounds for AVAS :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, DjPanJan said:

@travsformation Horse is EPIC! 10/10 i change only equalizer in phone to incrase deep bass amazing! I use sound 1 stronger claps on asphalt. Bravo!

Thanks! Maybe I could have shifted the pitch down an octave or so, will play around with it when I have the time :)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:33 AM, travsformation said:

BTW, a workaround to overcome the pitch issues would be the option of having only the speed change, but not the tone/pitch. It's been discussed with @Seba, but not sure whether it might be implemented or not...it will probably depend on the general interest in using animal sounds for AVAS :efee612b4b:

I would be interested also...(not only for animal sound, but for musical instruments sounds  :whistling:)

Or maybe have the option to enable/disable the pitch adjustment

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...