What watch to use for wheellog?

Humsuplow

It's a shame there isn't any other apps that can work on a smart watch besides wheellog and I think darkness bot. Going back to wheellog as android phone rules ( lol ) , which pebble model works on wheellog?is it all pebble watches or a specific model? And lastly what about other android smart watches ? Wouldn't they  work on wheellog? 

Edited by Humsuplow

@Humsuplow

Wheellog has originally just pebble watch support - there should be many topics/discussions around here.

One member implemented ?garmin iq? support for wheellog.

@Seba announced to develop tizen support with his "euc world" fork of wheellog (?or some standalone tizen app?)

For searching in the forum google site keyword is very helpfull:

site: forum.electricunicycle.org search-tearm

So "site: forum.electricunicycle.org garmin iq" leads to 

Seba's tizen "announcment" was not found as easily:

...so there seems to be also support for other smartwatches on it's way...

• Like 2

@SebaWould it be possible to have a "learn to ride" screen that shows things like longest continuous ride (in meters or inches as appropriate), efficiency of riding (watts per km or similar) and perhaps number of falls per hour. It would be nice to have some numbers to prove you're improving with every ride. Even better if it awarded medals for reaching a certain target ie 100m without falling. If you already do this then please ignore.

3 hours ago, Seba said:

I would love to add anything that might be useful to anyone, but then I would have to quit my job to have more time. Given that over the past year I received a total of about EUR 500 donations for the maintenance and development of euc.world application and service, quitting my job would be a rather bad move :whistling:;)

I just donated. So easy using Paypal. I encourage any member using Seba’s awesome app to pitch in a few bucks to support his hard work! 

48967346833_ba5bbb2f56_b.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just donated. So easy using Paypal. I encourage any member using Seba’s awesome app to pitch in a few bucks to support his hard work! 

48967346833_ba5bbb2f56_b.jpg

Thank you very much. Personally I don't like asking for donations and I don't want to feel like a beggar. However I am glad that there are people among us who understand that without financial support some things cannot be done. I can devote my free time, I can devote my experience and programming skills but I cannot bear all costs myself. Certainly I will not invest in buying several different watches that I do not need for anything except writing an application that others will use.

As an example I can keep EUC World compatible with Pebble only thanks to @EldARon who gave me his old but perfectly working Pebble watch. He also sent me Flic button, so now any EUC World user can pair Flic with his phone and use for activating horn or lights.

Without physical device it's impossible to add or maintain support for such device. There are software emulators, but they lack Bluetooth support which is a key feature. So let's suppose there are only twenty people in our entire community who own a Samsung Tizen watch and want to use it with the EUC World application. If each of them would donate only EUR 20, it would be enough to buy such a watch and start developing app for this watch. The same applies for any other smartwatch - Garmin or FitBit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You’re most welcome. Yes I sensed you dislike asking for donations to support your ongoing efforts and development. John Eucist is the same way. 

Totally agree. I made my donation of £10 within hours of downloading Wheel log and it worked perfectly with my Tizen Samsung Gear and Galaxy S9, although I now use Pebble.

I wouldnt have mentioned the figure I gave but I based it on what I would expect an app of this nature, rarity and usefulness to fetch in the Play Store. Its easily worth a tenner to me, probably more if I am honest and as features develop I suspect I will make another donation to feel more comfortable with myself.

Every single person who uses Wheel Log should be making a donation, even if its only a couple of quid, because no one can tell me its worth nothing to them.

I guess it depends on your conscience...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seba said:

Here is the sneak peek of upcoming Wear OS (formerly Android Wear) companion app for EUC World:

wearos_app.thumb.jpg.3ec9434fd43b5de392f32f9e3e4f26df.jpg

This app not only displays various wheel and ride parameters. It also support speed, current and temperature alarms (using display, vibration and speaker). It also can activate user-defined actions by tapping the screen. Up to three actions can be activated from main screen with singe tap, double tap and long press. You can also start, pause and stop tour tracking. In general application will complement phone app by working as a "dashboard on your wrist", giving all the important informations and features in one, easily accessible place without removing phone from pocket or backpack.

This companion app is currently under development and will be released soon. I would like to mention that I was able to create Wear OS app thanks to donations I've received during last year of WheelLog / EUC World developent. This allowed me to buy a smartwatch so I was able to start development efforts and will be able to debug and test this app in future. I also plan to create similar companion apps for other popular smartwatches, including Samsung Tizen, Garmin and FitBit.

EUC World is also compatible with Pebble WheelLog companion app.

I own a huawei gt2 smart watch that runs on android . Will that work too?

Just now, Humsuplow said:

I own a huawei gt2 smart watch that runs on android . Will that work too?

EUC World companion app is targeted for devices with Android Wear 1.4 and newer, including all versions of Wear OS by Google.

Are you sure that your Huawei GT2 is Android/Wear based? From what I see on Google, it's based on Lite OS. 

How do you fix your watches when you wear wrist guards? There's not much room left if you wear a jacket.
Velcro under the watch is sometimes not possible, if the watch can only be charged with a charging cradle. I also don't think it is so securely fastened.

I have mounted both my Samsung Gear and Pebble to my Flexmeters with velcro. Both worked well. The velcro on the pebble doesnt cover the magnetic charging port so thats no problem, and the increased depth of the velcro on the Gear didnt present an issue with the inductive charging cradle either.

You just need to be aware not to knock the watch on things, as for sure the velcro obviously isnt as secure as a strap, but I have never had a problem personally.

15 minutes ago, buell47 said:

How do you fix your watches when you wear wrist guards? There's not much room left if you wear a jacket.
Velcro under the watch is sometimes not possible, if the watch can only be charged with a charging cradle. I also don't think it is so securely fastened.

I saw this chap strapping his watch to the top end of the wrist just below the elbow 

Seba,  I have a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier that I can donate if it would help you. It runs the Tizen OS.  The back glass is cracked, but I have a new glass for it. I'm not sure how to install it, but the watch should be ok for testing purposes if you want it. PM an address if you want me to send it to you.

• Like 1

@GaryLIs that a paramotor (PPG) in your image?

@buell47You might find that a Nato strap would fit around a wrist guard. No idea whether it would allow your charger to work but they are fairly robust and cheap. Just make sure you get the correct lug width.

EDIT - I bought a Nato strap for my smart watch and sadly it didn't fit over my wrist guard so ignore this suggestion

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Humsuplow said:

I saw this chap strapping his watch to the top end of the wrist just below the elbow 

Unfortunately, there's the elbow protector. And right after it comes the wrist protector (Deamon Flexmeter double wrist) without space on the forearm.

Except in summer I also wear a jacket because I don't live in Florida or Palm Springs. :efee612b4b:

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

I bought an XL wrist band on amazon. Maybe you can get an XXL one.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:24 AM, tessa25 said:

Ticwatch Pro works with Wearwheel and KingSong.

Can you post some pictures from King Song App running on you Ticwatch Pro?

Since WheelLog will soon run on Wear OS, I am also interested in watches with a large display.