What watch to use for wheellog?

Humsuplow

For an iWatch, this strap uses velcro and is big enough to fit over Flexmeters, works well for me. Be sure to get the largest size. The iWatch works fine with Darkness Bot. If I could find a watch that worked with wheellog without a phone, I'd buy one.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FL4FZ84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

Can you post some pictures from King Song App running on you Ticwatch Pro?

Since WheelLog will soon run on Wear OS, I am also interested in watches with a large display. 

I don't use King Song app. I use Wearwheel app with my King Song wheel.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littlesunsoftware.wearwheel&hl=en_US

On 10/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, Seba said:

EUC World companion app is targeted for devices with Android Wear 1.4 and newer, including all versions of Wear OS by Google.

Are you sure that your Huawei GT2 is Android/Wear based? From what I see on Google, it's based on Lite OS. 

I make filter for  smartwatch on our biggest (not recommednded) e-shop in Cech Republic just to filter compatible watches. Filter is Wear OS + Android Wear here is result : 

https://www.alza.cz/EN/levne-chytre-hodinky-smartwatch/18854785.htm?layoutAutoChange=1#f&cst=null&cud=0&pg=1&prod=&par15569=15569-239681462,15569-239712890&sc=1300

1.EUC WORLD app is planed to work with all of this 30+ more product or its working now? 

2.you say EUC World companion app is something different (if yes where to get) or is same  like EUC World v1.0.1beta what i have from google play store in my phone?

3. Im scary buy pebble watch again because my last aftermarket pebble fail after 2 days but good news is i have my money back :mellow:

4. If my questions its stupid sorry im very bad about all this android and wear apk stuff.I do setup pebble follow this video and work :How to setup Pebble watch with WheelLog

5. Its horn function button (select) work only on pebble or work on all Wear OS + Android Wear?

2 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

1.EUC WORLD app is planed to work with all of this 30+ more product or its working now? 

companionit is planned (?or in development?). 

It should work with all of them? If they are "compatible" enough and fullfill some requirements?

2 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

2.you say EUC World companion app is something different (if yes where to get) or is same  like EUC World v1.0.1beta what i have from google play store in my phone?

Companion app sounds like an app installed on the watch and that it will communicate with the app on the phone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, GaryL said:

mike_bike_kite , yes, that's a paramotor in my pic.  I fly a Blackhawk 125 here in Oklahoma.

Is this a common thing? Euc riders gravitate towards paramotors and vice versa? I have my first ppg otw right now actually. Gotta enjoy these things BEFORE the USA imposes enough regs to ruin them!  Anyhow, Im browsing watches with android for the EUC app. It dawned on me that it could be useful in flight as well. So far I am guessing the newer android OS watches are the way to go. Does everyone suggest a HUGE screen watch, as wristguards and readbility in sun at speed, is a priority?

If you want to use a Wear OS watch for flight, make sure it has a pressure sensor. Only small percentage of watches does.

Have WOS watches improve significantly in the last 3 years? (the last watch I have is an LG Watch Sport) Haven't followed the recent developments. Are the screens any better in direct sunlight now?

I came to conclude that perhaps I'll just use a larger ipad type device for flight, as I'll want more information, more easily seen, with less emphasis on being dainty wrist small. I went ahead and opted to try a cheapish fossil watch, as my euc needs are small, and my reluctance to adapt monitoring tech is big. Good advice on the pressure sensor, I'll bolo for more app specific gear on the paramotor i'm sure.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 10 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

@GaryLIs that a paramotor (PPG) in your image?

@buell47You might find that a Nato strap would fit around a wrist guard. No idea whether it would allow your charger to work but they are fairly robust and cheap. Just make sure you get the correct lug width.

EDIT - I bought a Nato strap for my smart watch and sadly it didn't fit over my wrist guard so ignore this suggestion

Use 2 NATO straps back to back is a cheap solution.

• Like 1