WARNING: Monster V3 DOA / Smoked [AliExpress Green Fashion 2460WH MOD]

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

He is extremely displeased with this being online as he caught wind of it, and claims “it is not my problem”.

He offered two solutions, new controller plus a $300 refund, or he will pay for shipping back on the wheel and refund me in full WHEN he receives it. 

Sorry to hear this, I've used them in the past. Hopefully things like this will pressure Gotway to really fix the issue, a silly cheap electronic switch has never been appropriate for EUCs.  Right never give-up your PayPal dispute until you are happy.  Solution 2 is total stupid.  If he is paying for the return, then he should have no worries about receiving the item and should refund.  I do believe since he is paying he would be considered the shipper, but you might have to me careful in creating the shipping labels.  He should just send the shipper to you with labels and everything and you provide the box.  Talk to him about solution 2 a bit, and see if he will go for it.  Either way he has learned that he should be shipping these wheels with the batteries disconnected.  AT one time I thought he was doing that.  Only makes sense. disconnecting them does not remove the BMS protection.

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Sorry to hear this, I've used them in the past. Hopefully things like this will pressure Gotway to really fix the issue, a silly cheap electronic switch has never been appropriate for EUCs.  Right never give-up your PayPal dispute until you are happy.  Solution 2 is total stupid.  If he is paying for the return, then he should have no worries about receiving the item and should refund.  I do believe since he is paying he would be considered the shipper, but you might have to me careful in creating the shipping labels.  He should just send the shipper to you with labels and everything and you provide the box.  Talk to him about solution 2 a bit, and see if he will go for it.  Either way he has learned that he should be shipping these wheels with the batteries disconnected.  AT one time I thought he was doing that.  Only makes sense. disconnecting them does not remove the BMS protection.

The problem with sending it back is if i rescind my paypal dispute, and i send the wheel back, he could tell me to kick rocks or ignore me; at which point i’m even more screwed. That along with the logistics of shipping a fire-damaged wheel are ridiculous. 

I am going to wait for PayPal to do their thing. If Chen doesn’t send my charger this week, the $159 I paid for that will also go into dispute. I did message him asking to do the gentlemanly thing and refund my charger money to save the hassle, but he’s about to lose $2800, I doubt he’s going to go down without a fight. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

The problem with sending it back is if i rescind my paypal dispute, and i send the wheel back, he could tell me to kick rocks or ignore me; at which point i’m even more screwed. That along with the logistics of shipping a fire-damaged wheel are ridiculous. 

I am going to wait for PayPal to do their thing. If Chen doesn’t send my charger this week, the $159 I paid for that will also go into dispute. I did message him asking to do the gentlemanly thing and refund my charger money to save the hassle, but he’s about to lose $2800, I doubt he’s going to go down without a fight. 

No I'm saying you have him send the shipper to pick it up and handle all the logistics.  He should refund you before you cancel your dispute.  I figure ones the shipper picks it up he should refund you, and then you can cancel your dispute.  Send him this scenario, he handles all the logistics if he wants the wheel back.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, Arbolest said:

Yup... I think all of these big modern wheels need some form of removable interlock on the start button. Doesn't need to be a "key" as such, but something physical that will prevent them from being able to turn on without it.

Agree.  A simple inline key switch would be an easy mod.  This would also stop people messing with it if you park it somewhere.

Edited by Gazza-usa
  • Upvote 1

It's annoying that these Chinese Ali sellers (green and fashion especially from a few accounts here) are so stingy. New board and $300, really? Did he look at the photos?

On the one hand, they can offer well-produced modded wheels. On the other hand, this strange behavior. I think it must be a cultural thing where he nominally does something (completely pointless) and then everyone pretends that is ok and he saved face, or something strange like this (or just trying to be cheap). Certainly not looking at it from the perspective of the buyer. Good you didn't give in to any of this BS!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

These shops sells heaps of stuff. I don't get why he should be doing so difficult in 1 case. It makes all the difference to how his business is perceived.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's annoying that these Chinese Ali sellers (green and fashion especially from a few accounts here) are so stingy. New board and $300, really? Did he look at the photos?

Seems like he doesnt care for his reputation at all - once he seemed to be a great recommandation...

3 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I called PayPal as soon as I woke up, told them its logistically impossible to send something with so many lithium batteries back to China damaged, they refunded me on the spot. This case is now closed

Maybe one should write an aliexpress guideline - never ever even think on closing a dispute! We already had cases here of people who got (to good to believe) offers, closed the dispute and walked away with nothing but grief :(

Second, new point for the guideline would be to counter paypal rejects after they got ?wrong reports from the seller?!

Great that you managed this! Congratulations!

Incredible what they try after one received a dead, still smoking piece of garbage... :(

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

So overnight, a new wrinkle was thrown at me by Paypal, they stated I needed to package the wheel and send it back to China by 8/28/19 on my dime to an address designated or my claim will be closed, and given that I do not trust Chinese sellers for anything, this made me uneasy as the seller can simply delay until then to leave me hanging with the item given our handshake agreement.

I called PayPal as soon as I woke up, told them its logistically impossible to send something with so many lithium batteries back to China damaged, they refunded me on the spot. This case is now closed.  

All good.  The seller can still collect the wheel so all is good.  

Did you pay with Paypal through AliExpress and have to pay their ridiculous Paypal surcharge, or did you some how just pay the seller directly and avoid the surcharge?

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Third: pay with PayPal and not AliPay or your CC when ordering this kind of stuff, or you have zero protection

The AliExpress AliPay is fine from my experience, I've won all my dispute cases with properly documented evidence, just that it takes more time than PayPal dispute resolutions (and this has been well documented on the forums).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/17/2019 at 2:36 AM, houseofjob said:

Well, the easy solution is to ship it with the battery disconnected.

Or do like KS do.

Lock wheel in app preventing the motor from spinning up.

With super annoying beeps going on if you move or trolleying the wheel in this locked mode. 

One of the early videos show this at unboxing the KS16X. I think it is from @Mike Paolini

Just avoid green fashion. They are reputable in the sense that they ship a wheel. But i have heard quite a few horror stories about them now. Like someone got a scratched up wheel from them. And they wouldn't take it back. I also ordered a charger. Which never arrived. According to them it was still in transit. After 4 months! They said 1 week shipping. Now it has been almost 6 months. No charger

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Unimike said:

So i am the second Toast .

The wheel has a button under the handle to turn it off when lifting , why not put tape or a plastic strip to keep it pressed during transport as a safety ?

You bought from Green Fashion as well? 

A piece of tape wouldn’t stop anything, the safest way would be to disconnect the battery from the control board (or a very rigid bubble around the top so there’s no chance of the button getting pressed)

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2