My 84-volt Nikola Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sure~

A bunch of us in NYC really are liking regripping with the non-abrasive DKL stuff: https://dklskateboarding.com/#home-features

I know @Marty Backe recommends regripping with a 3M something, and that also seems to be equally as good, based on ppl's feedback on the forums.

3M Safety-Walk. $7 from Home Depot is enough for one wheel.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, houseofjob said:

@Jim Martin @Nils Dunno which Nikola you have, 84V or 100V (I recently rode an 84V to compare, and the modes are slightly harder/more resistance than the 100V modes), but I would suggest giving the Nikola soft mode a good college try at least, even if you aren't a usual soft mode rider. 

The Nikola soft mode has a slight rubbery resistance, unlike you're typical wide-swinging, glide-y Gotway soft mode.

You might be surprised which mode you end up liking the most!

I've tried the soft mode only shortly before, but at your insistence I will give it a fair chance and see what I think :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome! Current Nikola confirmed to be as robust as expected!

Which wheel would you say brakes better downhill - ACM or Nikola? Trying to get a feel for how it rides in comparison.

ACM still breaks better - smaller diameter wheel than the Nikola. But the Nikola is still very nice.

It rides totally different from the ACM. But so much better. Trust me, you'll be glad you retired your ACM to the backup wheel.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, buell47 said:

Which tire is on the Nikola? 

Have all Nikola the same tire? 

It appears they all come with a CST Cheng Shin tire

45 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Thanks for the feedback with new control board.

It is the 1600 Wh 84V Nikola?

What ist the mileage you can get out of the 'wheel' at average speed approx. 18 mph?

That's my Nikola. At my riding weight of ~175-pound I have demonstrated it to be a solid 50-mile wheel riding between 18 and 22 mph. 54-miles total.

• 3 months later...

I love it more the more riding I'm doing. First month with my Nikola 800 km - although the wheather isn't good for EUC riding: too wet - no riding; too cold - some riding.

But 2 things I have to say: Mileage is a bit poor -> max 70 km at 27 km/h average speed.

Braking power is a bit poor.  

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I love it more the more riding I'm doing. First month with my Nikola 800 km - although the wheather isn't good for EUC riding: too wet - no riding; too cold - some riding.

But 2 things I have to say: Mileage is a bit poor -> max 70 km at 27 km/h average speed.

Braking power is a bit poor.  

you are correct about that.. same amount on km i can get out of my 1554 wh 18XL as my 2100 wh Nikola xD that fat tire and crazy torque along with being a gotway sure chews through battery

• Like 3