My 84-volt Nikola Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

3 minutes ago, maltocs said:

For the record, I'm okay with the toys comment. I just envision my wife telling her friends I just spent 2k on a unicycle, and they have a look of horror on their face. And she responds with, "you know, those boys and their toys."

But me just turning 50 I'm sensitive to "seniors" since AARP keeps sending me flyers now 😀

(Just trying to lighten the mood, I really take no offense at all)

Thanks man. I’ll be 50 next year myself. People spend money on different things that are toys. Some men have fishing boats others play golf in Scotland when they can. Either way the older you get the more expensive your toys are.  Especially once your children grow up and you can spend more money on yourself and your wife.   There was absolutely no way for me to anticipate using the word toy would offend anybody.  That would be impossible. I could probably get 600 people together as a focus group and throw that word at them and no one would say the word toys offensive. Anyway I appreciate your comment. 

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I wasn't even slightly insulted at the "toys" comment. I was quenching your thirst for knowledge and answering on behalf of the universe. From my perspective. As you genuinely asked.
I guess your perspective was different and you felt I was lecturing you. How ironic. :roflmao:

Cheer up man we're all friends here.

Thank you. Well then I apologize if I misunderstood you. Perhaps there’s a language gap here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Patton250 said:

Thank you. Well then I apologize if I misunderstood you. Perhaps there’s a language gap here. 

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. There's not much of a language gap is I am a native english speaker.
My words should be read at face value and there was no malice behind them. They only mean exactly what they mean. Nowhere did I write that you are an elitist snob. I wrote that the wording can be interpreted by others as such. And I felt my answer was solicited by your question asking why the ruffling. And now look at us... feathers everywhere.

Anyway I follow your posts around the forum and follow you on Youtube as well. Especially interesting as you own a Nikola, 18XL AND as of recently a 16X. Which puts you in a very unique position.

If you feel that this is unfinished and need further explanation or closure we can continue via PM. I promise to be civil. I am a very nice guy on the internet. :cheers:

So let's get back on the Nikola train. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I absolutely would like that as well. Makes perfect sense. Lots of time government is silly with what they do I understand that. Believe me you don’t want to get me going on the overreaching of government. LOL 

But there’s absolutely no reason for that guy to insult me and call me an elitist snob or tell me to get socially more conscience because I think of EUC’s as something to have fun with.  Every video I’ve ever seen of them is of people having fun in an extracurricular activity type of way.  What he said was a heck of a lot more offensive than me calling a wheel a toy. IMHO

@Mike Sacristan, how does it feel to be "that guy" :roflmao:

Don't worry @Patton250, I'm just having some light-hearted fun at your expense ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

It feels like it's 9:05 PM here in Stockholm, Sweden. It's still bright out. It's 86 degrees. I'm sitting in my electric recliner and laughing my ass off at your post. :efee612b4b:

Luckily my wife is in Orlando for a few more hours so I don't have to worry about her wondering what's so funny. :roflmao:

The layers man the layers! I finally get to be that guy:clap3:

#lifegoals

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. There's not much of a language gap is I am a native english speaker.
My words should be read at face value and there was no malice behind them. They only mean exactly what they mean. Nowhere did I write that you are an elitist snob. I wrote that the wording can be interpreted by others as such. And I felt my answer was solicited by your question asking why the ruffling. And now look at us... feathers everywhere.

Anyway I follow your posts around the forum and follow you on Youtube as well. Especially interesting as you own a Nikola, 18XL AND as of recently a 16X. Which puts you in a very unique position.

If you feel that this is unfinished and need further explanation or closure we can continue via PM. I promise to be civil. I am a very nice guy on the internet. :cheers:

So let's get back on the Nikola train. 

I apologize also for taking it the wrong way. I guess the words elitist and socially calibrated threw me off a bit. All of this didn’t make any sense but now it totally does. You guys were just joking. That totally makes sense. Now I’m laughing at myself. :-)

Good grief I guess I caused drama here. Sorry guys. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wheelr said:

Yet that is not everyone's situation. Some user on this forum use EUCs as their only means of transportation.

i do.. i dont have a car, sold my bike.. my city is small enough for me to commute anywhere on EUC every day.. i have a lot of toys, and i love them all :D

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmm I guess I missed all the fuss here. (been too busy to find more enduser/owner opinions of the KS16X) 

But since we all cherries a friendly forum to share out joy, passion, lifestyle or mix of this., I guess the waters have calm down again. 

After all I hope we all prefer to be open for questions and helpful answers. 

To understand an answer someone might need to take on other shoes to see where it came from (mindset/expirearance). 

That is why I sometimes povel though threads to learn new stuff. And this is why I read on Nikola despite I am unlikely to own or even ride one. 

To understand when people compare the closest and latest head to head wheels between GW and KS, since Inmotion seems quite. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 3:31 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks @Dzlchef for blazing the path here :cheers:

Soldering these cables in a vehicle wich is under constant vibration is for sure the silliest way to do it... There is a reason that not a single cable is soldered down... This is fobidden by every industry standart regarding cable connection...

Edited by TuN3M@N
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuN3M@N said:

Soldering these cables in a vehicle wich is under constant vibration is for sure the silliest way to do it..

Yes, irresponsible and not to be imagined what can happen if the music on the road only sounds from a single loudspeaker! :rolleyes:

Seriously, they're just cables from the speaker, not from the motor. :D

In general you are not wrong, and one could fix the cables to the speaker with some silicone to take the strain off the solder joint.

To be on the safe side one could take a portable Bluetooth speaker in the backpack, then nothing can happen. :w00t2:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i do.. i dont have a car, sold my bike.. my city is small enough for me to commute anywhere on EUC every day.. i have a lot of toys, and i love them all :D

I may be joining you soon. Paying for gas/insurance, polluting, hauling 3 empty seats around and looking for empty parking spots, no longer makes any sense to me. I believe it is a generational shift, some see PEVs as unnecessary toys, while others see them as an essential component  to the way forward.

Edited by wheelr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Me too :efefc8626c:

After 32 years of air conditioned cars, you've become such a pitiful pussy.:efee612b4b:

If EUC driving would not be so addictive, I would only drive at temperatures of 20-25 degrees and sunshine and otherwise sit on a comfortable air-conditioned seat, switch on the stop and go cruise control and if possible drive from a to b without exerting myself. :efee612b4b:

Edited by buell47

22 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Soldering these cables in a vehicle wich is under constant vibration is for sure the silliest way to do it... There is a reason that not a single cable is soldered down... This is fobidden by every industry standart regarding cable connection...

Just use a piece of heat shrink over the solder joint and wire if you are concerned about vibration. I think all the space craft and rockets use solder connections because of reliability and quality control. 

22 hours ago, buell47 said:

Now you have just to wait for a EUC with air condition! :efefc8626c:

Wait no more, I found an even better TOY to keep You cool :-)

Honestly, if anyone can get theese, I am willing to order YESTERDAY :-D If anyone is in Japan an can get them, order a bunch, sell me one for cheap (tip money 😝) and then make profit on the rest 😁 or sell me one for expensive....just get me one ALLREAAADYYYY. Crowdfunding done, released next year in Japan 😍

Imagine a cool back (wonder if it works with a backpack, probably needs air flow) when riding, the place you (at least I) always sweat rivers from when riding (and forehead of course, but a cool spine should affect the head too?RIGHT? Any physiscists comment on that?)

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3079679/sony-is-crowdfunding-a-wearable-air-conditioner

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

Has anyone with the Nikola had it start dipping forward at high speed (20+ MPH)?  It's the strangest feeling, it's like once I get going fast the pedals dip forward a few degrees.  Is this a calibration issue?  What's the best way to accurately calibrate this wheel?  Place it on a stand, use a level, is it all that important for it to be perfectly horizontally and vertically aligned when calibrating?

• Like 1