1845wH - 100V Gotway Monster for sale: $2400 firm

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

My main riding buddy just got his in from eWheels today. He upgraded form the KS18S. We’re currently on its maiden voyage!

Update: Seems like my pressure was a bit low. I pumped it up and was able to make the two wheels feel a lot more similar. Though the 2400’s weight still allows it to absorb impacts better at the same pressure as a 1600. So I’m still going to get a third pack, which will let me go top speed for longer :)

Until you get the battery, put a few bricks in your shell to give you that added stability :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you know that or just speculation? Does anyone really know how many of any particular wheel is sold.

I know more than a handful of people that have Monsters and I see plenty of evidence online that people are riding them. They don't strike me as being particularly rare.

The newest wheels are costing more than what I paid for my Monster (e.g., KS18XL). Maybe those aren't selling very well either.

I get a feeling that is what is happening here since they are not making any more or the new model isn't announced with their scale back of parts production.  We are not good examples of how many Monsters are sold.  If you hang out with all the enthusiast you might think all the wheels are popular.  Monster is definitely not popular as with the 18S.  That is why they are not redesigning the 18S.  Sales numbers are shit.  If they were good, why wouldn't they make a new one.  I know only one other person in NY that has a 18S.  a few scattered across america on this forum.  That is about it.  LOL.  Monsters seem to be selling a few more, but I would call that a success.  I now of also two people in our group that have monsters and a few scattered across america.  It isn't popular no matter how you try to spin it.  The only one who has the numbers is our reseller.  You can ask him.

24 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I now of also two people in our group that have monsters and a few scattered across america.

Er, then you forgot a bunch of people in our NYC EUC general community then :lol::lol:, cold-blooded, they probably remember you!

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

Er, then you forgot a bunch of people in our NYC EUC general community then :lol::lol:, cold-blooded, they probably remember you!

lol, oh right 4.  is there more than 4?

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

lol, oh right 4.  is there more than 4?

Not counting when I used to have, there's Goe, Mark, Shawn, Big Chris, Edwin, Tishawn, August, Dmitry's friend/customer in BK I sold mine to, Dwayne's friend that got his stolen, then recovered, and 2 other guys that just got theirs' who are more active on the eBoarding EUC side.

Plus possibly more, there are more EUC-ists in NYC than you or me fully know now.

(And BTW, there's another guy in NYC on the eBoard EUC side with a KS18S)

Not counting when I used to have, there's Goe, Shawn, Big Chris, Edwin, Tishawn, August, Dmitry's friend/customer in BK I sold mine to, Dwayne's friend that got his stolen, then recovered, and 2 other guys that just got theirs' who are more active on the eBoarding EUC side.

Plus possibly more, there are more EUC-ists in NYC than you or me fully know now.

i wasn't counting the out of towners.  chris and edwin are not from nyc.  those are considered across america.  

Just now, eddiemoy said:

i wasn't counting the out of towners.  chris and edwin are not from nyc.  those are considered across america.  

Then that's 9, not the 2 you originally stated, and they all faithfully watch your YouTube :crying:

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Then that's 9, not the 2 you originally stated, and they all faithfully watch your YouTube :crying:

you are right if it is 9.  that is a lot and by EUC standards a success.  If they are selling so well, I'm sure GW will redesign it or at least update it.  

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

you are right if it is 9.  that is a lot and by EUC standards a success.  If they are selling so well, I'm sure GW will redesign it or at least update it.  

I said no such thing! :lol:

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

If it's not sensitive information, maybe @Jason McNeil can give us a sense of how many he has sold. >50, >100, etc.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If it's not sensitive information, maybe @Jason McNeil can give us a sense of how many he has sold. >50, >100, etc.

I know a chunk of our Monster owners here in NYC didn't buy from Jason, bought local via Dmitry/EUC.NYC

I know a chunk of our Monster owners here in NYC didn't buy from Jason, bought local via Dmitry/EUC.NYC

And I bought mine from Speedyfeet (before Jason was selling Gotway). But I personally know multiple people who did buy Monsters from EWheels.

Jason isn't the only reseller of wheels, but surely he's the largest in the United States. That's why knowing approximately how many he's sold would be a good indicator of its popularity

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

So they will continue to make it but not redesign it just like the KS18S.  

You are quick to draw conclusions, I didn't say that, who knows what they are upto. If they are getting rid of old stock, we might get a new revision that's improved on feedback. ✌️

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

My Monster has officially been sold and is on the way to @Gene Martin in Indiana.

I hope you don't develop sellers remorse ;)

Congrat's

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope you don't develop sellers remorse ;)

Congrat's

It happened to me 😩

@Marty Backe a question considering performance and weight. Does a couple of battery packs really make that much of a difference when it comes to performance from the weight side of things?

That's 40cell * 45grams/cell or roughly 4lbs, or about a third of the weight of my backpack when I commute, 50% more than my helmet - and placed far closer to the center of gravity of the EUC. Compared to the torque penalty of the wheel diameter or the sheer weight of the motor/wheel, that should be peanuts, shouldn't it?

On 3/13/2019 at 9:29 PM, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, the sales of the Monster were pretty small, about 60 in total. There's been a recent resurgence of interest lately, probably on account of the newer controller & that there's no successor on the horizon.  

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

@Marty Backe a question considering performance and weight. Does a couple of battery packs really make that much of a difference when it comes to performance from the weight side of things?

That's 40cell * 45grams/cell or roughly 4lbs, or about a third of the weight of my backpack when I commute, 50% more than my helmet - and placed far closer to the center of gravity of the EUC. Compared to the torque penalty of the wheel diameter or the sheer weight of the motor/wheel, that should be peanuts, shouldn't it?

I don't think I can provide any objective insight regarding performance. I have to believe more weight equals less performance, but I don't know. I can say that I think heavier wheels feel more stable, "planted" you might say. My Tesla feels nimble, agile, etc. But my ACM2 feels squat and heavy, and therefore like a little tank, in a good way.

Archived