1845wH - 100V Gotway Monster for sale: $2400 firm

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, what didn’t you like about it? I was thinking of eventually upgrading to the 100v version and selling my 84v version (much) later down the line, mostly for the torque and speed benefits. Was it too slow/still not torquey enough?

16 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Just curious, what didn’t you like about it? I was thinking of eventually upgrading to the 100v version and selling my 84v version (much) later down the line, mostly for the torque and speed benefits. Was it too slow/still not torquey enough?

It's just simply boring to ride to me. It's very fast and powerful. I never pick it to ride over my Z10 though. I've ridden it 36 miles total, and I just feel like I wasted my money on it. I also will never put that range to use in one day like I thought I would. 

1 hour ago, D3m0nzz said:

If you can get it back from Boston, I will trade you a 2014 Ninja 300 for it ;) 

Trade that Ninja for a clean title Grom then we can probably sort it out. I have never been to Boston but I love to travel.

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Leyline I think you're the first to pick up on the user name! LOLOLOL!!!!

No, No, No, I saw it immediately, Garth Brooks, very punny, I simply chose not to comment.  BTW I once, many moons ago, started a thread asking members to explain their names.  Only got a few takers, then it sank in the sea of new posts.

47 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

It's just simply boring to ride to me

Wow, Girth, your over selling it a bit.:D

53 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

It's just simply boring to ride to me. It's very fast and powerful. I never pick it to ride over my Z10 though. I've ridden it 36 miles total, and I just feel like I wasted my money on it. I also will never put that range to use in one day like I thought I would. 

I am amazed, but understand where you are coming from, I sold mine due to lack of use, it became a weekend wheel, alittle too awkward to manage in a very busy capital such as London. The Monster is a Cruiser wheel In my opinion, not a trick wheel, although I could go backwards on mine.

@Nick McCutcheon,  If you are thinking of upgrading,  do It! 

Better firmware and Mosfets over the original, so much Power you will reach speeds quicker you won't be disappointed. Enough Torque to even do the Back and forth pendulum which I  did. I wish I didn't sell mine,

Snap this wheel Up!!

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Wow, Girth, your over selling it a bit.:D

Promise. The Monster is wildly stable to the point it doesn't feel as fast as you're going. Over 25mph on the Z10 feels faster than it is to me. I don't get that unnerving feeling on the Monster, so I am going to sell it for a Honda Grom. The fun factor on it is extremely high as I have ridden one enough to know.

5 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Promise. The Monster is wildly stable to the point it doesn't feel as fast as you're going. Over 25mph on the Z10 feels faster than it is to me. I don't get that unnerving feeling on the Monster, so I am going to sell it for a Honda Grom. The fun factor on it is extremely high as I have ridden one enough to know.

Yes, I like the Honda Grom and its rival (yamaha?)  I was looking for one for the back of my RV when i came across a Suzuki SV650 for a great price, just around the corner from me, so that's what I ended up with.

as for 

5 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I don't get that unnerving feeling on the Monster

I thought that was the holy grail; speed without fear.  Oh well, each to his own.  Good luck with the sale/Grom.

@Smoother I assure you that I thought I was getting what I really wanted when I bought it. That feeling sadly has never materialized for me yet. I keep telling myself to just ride it and enjoy it, but I already get that joy with the Z10. It sucks to spend that much only to feel like you didn't get what you paid for. If one simply wants all out speed with stability  (which I just knew I wanted)  then the Monster is the only wheel to get. That being said, I bet the MSX is likely the best all around wheel one can buy today. I know it's just as fast as my Monster, but I would bet anything it isn't anything short of a blast to ride.

17 minutes ago, ED209 said:

I am amazed, but understand where you are coming from, I sold mine due to lack of use, it became a weekend wheel, alittle too awkward to manage in a very busy capital such as London. The Monster is a Cruiser wheel In my opinion, not a trick wheel, although I could go backwards on mine.

@Nick McCutcheon,  If you are of Upgrading do It, upgraded firmware and Mosfets over the original, so much Power you will reach speeds quicker you won't be disappointed. Enough Torque to even do the Back and forth pendulum which I  did. I wish I didn't sell mine,

Snap this wheel Up!!

My version is the one with upgraded mosfets/motor, but it still feels sluggish (although, sluggish on an euc is still pretty quick!) likely due to the 84v voltage. I can barely manage to do 2 pendulums before failing, haha. I also reach top speed (~32mph continuous beeps on a flat surface) within a few seconds, and am somehow crazy enough to want to go faster :rolleyes: The monster is just so stable! It makes you feel safe even at crazy speeds. I would have gotten the 1230Wh MSX 100V, but I am at max speed pretty much all the time so that would absolutely destroy the battery with all that air resistance. I already get only 30 miles on my 1600Wh monster due to this (though it’s most certainly nothing to complain about, others report much longer ranges because they don’t go as fast). And I know I would only get a little more range with the 100v monster, but that’s fine with me! The speed and power would more than make up for it. And there’s always the option to slow down :) 

I would take advantage of this listing, but my wallet has been bugging me to stop moving wheels around. And I’d have to sell my monster at quite a discount since someone almost ran into me and caused me to drop the wheel, scraping the side panel on a curb in the process. Maybe once I accumulate some more wheel funds. 

15 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@ED209 @Nick McCutcheon power, torque, and speed are all one could want on a 100V Monster in my opinion. I can't see how anyone who want anything faster with one wheel.

Good to know! I look forward to the day I pick one up. 

Also, I should probably mention, the Monster is my replacement for a car (my university doesn’t let first year students bring cars because parking is so scarce), so I use it mostly for transport and the fun factor is just a big bonus! Though I do go on long rides sometimes. I often will go separately to group events on my wheel just to get an excuse to ride. And sometimes I beat my friends when they take an uber! Riding seated and being able to take any pothole/bump have gotten me hooked on the Monster. 

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

The 100-volt MSX doesn't seem to offer any more torque (some think it has less). Have you read reports that the 100-volt Monster has more torque? Speed yes, but torque?

9 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Smoother I assure you that I thought I was getting what I really wanted when I bought it. That feeling sadly has never materialized for me yet. I keep telling myself to just ride it and enjoy it, but I already get that joy with the Z10. It sucks to spend that much only to feel like you didn't get what you paid for. If one simply wants all out speed with stability  (which I just knew I wanted)  then the Monster is the only wheel to get. That being said, I bet the MSX is likely the best all around wheel one can buy today. I know it's just as fast as my Monster, but I would bet anything it isn't anything short of a blast to ride.

I'm certainly not trying to convince you to keep the wheel, but want to say that 36-miles is barely enough time to acclimate to a new wheel, particularly if you haven't experienced a wide variety of wheels.

It probably took me 150-miles of riding the KS18S before I become one with that "acquired taste" wheel. Then it was great.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The 100-volt MSX doesn't seem to offer any more torque (some think it has less). Have you read reports that the 100-volt Monster has more torque? Speed yes, but torque?

It Does Marty, I could do the pendulum on mine, just like you do on your acm2

@Marty Backe I will 100% keep that in mind. I don't plan on letting it sit too much while I still have it. The weather is finally starting to not be constant, cold rain so it will likely have more miles on it soon. It is also expensive so I might just have to keep as a result of the cost alone.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Interesting. Yeah, I’ve seen people say the 100v monster offers better acceleration, most notably in Tishawn’s review video. I thought that was the general consensus, though I might have just been misreading what people were saying. Maybe the reason my monster feels sluggish is because I’m missing the third pack. Do you think getting one would increase the perceived power? Similar to how the KS14S feels more powerful than the 14D despite having the same motor?

2 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Interesting. Yeah, I’ve seen people say the 100v monster offers better acceleration, most notably in Tishawn’s review video. I thought that was the general consensus, though I might have just been misreading what people were saying. Maybe the reason my monster feels sluggish is because I’m missing the third pack. Do you think getting one would increase the perceived power? Similar to how the KS14S feels more powerful than the 14D despite having the same motor?

No, I don't think another battery pack is going to change the sense of power. I think your Monster feels sluggish because your reference points are smaller wheels. People don't buy Monster's because they want to experience high-g starts (or do they? :unsure:).

But, I've only briefly ridden a 100-volt Monster, so I defer to the opinion of people that have both.

I am with Marty in that I have no comparison in torque to the 84V variant. I do know that the 100V isn't sluggish at all for such a massive rolling resistance. I am probably selling it short like@Smoother mentioned by saying it feels boring to ride. The power of my Monster is incredible in itself. I just haven't felt the love for it as a whole like the Z10. I hate I spent so much money to find that out. However, as @Marty Backe stated and as I've tried to convince myself, I also need to give it a chance to grow on me more. 

These Blue Monsters are only going to appreciate in value: Gotway have depleted their Blue shells, sales contact says they're not intending to make any more. They're also down to the last 100x Monster shells in Purple & Red; I'm told there are no plans for a replacement on the horizon, nor are they plans to make any more shells. For additional icing, they've also just increased the wholesale price by $300.   

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

These Blue Monsters are only going to appreciate in value: Gotway have depleted their Blue shells, sales contact says they're not intending to make any more. They're also down to the last 100x Monster shells in Purple & Red; I'm told there are no plans for a replacement on the horizon, nor are they plans to make any more shells. For additional icing, they've also just increased the wholesale price by $300.   

Whoa, are you saying Gotway is selling out of existing Monster inventory and then that's it? No more Monsters and no replacement in the works???

I think the prices for some EUCs are reaching a tipping point, particularly from Gotway. If they are going to be charging premium prices then they will need to manufacture premium wheels. There's no indication that they are capable of such wheels.

Archived