Monster 100v or MSX - An appeal for guidance from the Gotway gurus

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

If you think about it, if Gotway had been more ambitious on the Monster and top-mounted the board, the 84V Monster could've been 3200Wh, 100V version 2460Wh.

That's brilliant. Somehow we need to get this suggestion (3200wh top-mounted control-board) in front of someone at Gotway.

So simple!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My main concern is the sturdiness of the shell, because...

1. I'm not very good and do love to crash :P

2. I am a substantial lad and given I hear of the shell cracking under reasonably weighted folk I hate to imagine how it would suffer after several hundred km of my sitting on it ;)

Oh, and has anyone mentioned a trolley handle yet :P

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

To, czego  szukam w Monster 2.0 to nowa konstrukcja skorupy i przeprojektowane wieszaki na pedały. Elektronika została już zaadresowana.

Nowa Shell

• Lepsza konstrukcja, dzięki czemu nie jest to już jednolita powłoka
  • Górna skorupa - proszę skopiować górną powłokę Z10
  • Mniej ważne: dzwonki (wiem, przyprowadzam do siebie nienawidzących pierścieni.) Patrzę na ciebie @ US69 )

Zmiana projektu pedału-wieszaka

• Z miłości do Boga przenieś się na inspirowany KingSong design wieszaka na pedały, aby nasi fani Monstera mogli cieszyć się ciasnymi pedałami na życie koła.

Punkty bonusowe

• Znajdź nową oponę, która ma atrakcyjny wygląd bieżącego bieżnika, ale jest bardziej zaokrąglona jak opona MSX. Myślę, że to sprawiłoby, że Monster byłby lepszym kołem ratunkowym
  • Zintegrowany uchwyt wózka. Prawdopodobnie będzie to coś w rodzaju uchwytu wózka MSuper, który z pewnością jest lepszy niż nic.

does anyone think of a new monster 2019 model, or are we talking about the same model, but the shell is stronger

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I'm now the proud owner of a 100V Monster. I'm very happy today. It's definitely a different animal than my Z10 for sure judging from my bombing around inside the warehouse I work at.

IMG_20190123_155354.jpg

You chose the right spec, the MSuper V3 footplates are must haves IMO. After a while you will be able to manoeuvre it as if it were an 18 inch wheel or less. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@ED209 those pedals though!! Wow! I instantly loved the feel of them. I rode it inside of work today for my hour lunch. I love it. So smooth! I learned how to ride on a Z10 so turning will take getting used to on this. It is more nimble than I expected though. I was comfortable on it from the start. Riding seated will certainly take practice though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

@ED209 those pedals though!! Wow! I instantly loved the feel of them. I rode it inside of work today for my hour lunch. I love it. So smooth! I learned how to ride on a Z10 so turning will take getting used to on this. It is more nimble than I expected though. I was comfortable on it from the start. Riding seated will certainly take practice though. 

Once you learn seated riding, you’ll be hooked. It’s just so easy to plop down and be carried along at (probably excessively) high speeds by the ultimate wheel! Oh, and congrats on the wheel of course :) It’s always nice to see a pristine wheel on here!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Girth Brooks congratulations on the 100volt Monster. I really love mine and primarily use it in the country on long fast road worthy trips.

I noticed that there was a clicking sound coming from the rear when I hit a bumps, absolutely drove me crazy.:confused1: . I opened up the little hatch near the rear light and discovered the light clip off the wire was hitting the shell. It was a simple fix with some silicone. It’s worth the effort to tighten up the ship here and there with silicone glue.

Then again you might not be as fixated with the Gotway clicks, and creaking shell noises as I am. Enjoy !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Is the Gotway app in the Google Play store the official Gotway app or do I need the apk file from their site?

Play Store it is (or the old app from the download section here).

kebye.com is not merely outdated, it is remarkably outdated. No real updates in like 2 years. Best to ignore the site completely, for anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Nice monster it looks really nice a,a big long distance euc could surly do with larger pedal ,i wish gotway would give us an option  

Are you saying that you don't think the MSX/Monster pedals are big enough?

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you saying that you don't think the MSX/Monster pedals are big enough?

There ok i can stay on them all day but a couple of inch wouldn't go a miss so my toes dont hang off the edge,, for extra comfort,, and more margin for error when hitting a bump

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Nice monster it looks really nice a,a big long distance euc could surly do with larger pedal ,i wish gotway would give us an option  

This MSX pedals are quite large in my opinion. I wouldn't want a bigger pedal. I just wish I had these pedals on my Z10.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

This MSX pedals are quite large in my opinion. I wouldn't want a bigger pedal. I just wish I had these pedals on my Z10.

I'm getting a complex now I've always been told an inch or two would feel alot better:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

This hobby is like a damn drug. It gives you so much self satisfaction that you want more, but it will also remind you at times to not go too far. 

Yes i thought i might just nip out and do a few laps around the houses ended up 12 miles away so 24 miles lol :D

• Like 1

Ok y'all, I need help. I've used the Gotway app and WheelLog but I can't keep my Monster from constantly beeping at me after riding past22 mph. I've tried all the alarm and tilt back settings I see. Surely I can ride this thing at 30 mph without it beeping at me with a full battery.

19 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Ok y'all, I need help. I've used the Gotway app and WheelLog but I can't keep my Monster from constantly beeping at me after riding past22 mph. I've tried all the alarm and tilt back settings I see. Surely I can ride this thing at 30 mph without it beeping at me with a full battery.

You can, use the Gotway app only, cancel 1st and 2nd alarm,  that should do it. Don't open all alarms

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Which version of the gotway app are you using/are you on ios or android? If you’re on android, it may be better to use the old non-social gotway app. Also, when you say beeping how many beeps? 2, 3, or constant? If it’s constant, try charging it :) but if it’s 2 or 3, try this.

When you’re connected to the wheel and stopped (you can’t change ride settings while moving), go to the alarms section and tap disable first alarm and then disable second alarm, the wheel should double beep for each press to confirm your action. I’m pretty sure “open all alarms” turns the alarms on and it’s just a mistranslation.

Tiltback is different from alarms, you can set it at whatever speed you want but if you’re looking to hit the 100v monster’s top speed, you’d want to turn it off. The highest tiltback setting (50kmh I think?) is lower than your (safe) top speed of around 61kmh. The tiltback speed doesn’t decrease as your battery goes down though, so it’s possible to hear the 80% power constant beeping before getting tiltback if your battery is low enough. 

Also, another thing to note, whatever speed you set tiltback to, it will gradually increase your tiltback the further you go past that speed, with maximum tilting happening at ~5kmh over your setting. So for example I have my tiltback set to 50kmh on my 84v monster, and I get fully tilted back once I reach 55-56kmh.

Edited by Nick McCutcheon
My explanation is a bit excessive... ED209’s advice works as well 👍
  • Like 3