• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys :)
Now I have the time to plan and acquire better protective gear :)
Two days ago in the forest, fell into the high speed into a deep ditch with a thick tree trunk sideways. Apparently I hit it.
It took me completely across the collarbone.
But without good shelter would also broken my skull, ribs and arm.
Helmet and other equipment is broken. And emergency cut in the rest :)
Everything happened very quickly, and I was unconscious for a moment, so I do not remember much about what happened.
I just remember that, I got up from the ditch and my presence was not normal. But there was no pain. Swing myself and everything works.

Yet I was sure that something is wrong. So I started to try hand over the shelter if there is any broken. I found a bone that stuck out from under the skin. The skin was not broken. As soon as I realized that now must act quickly and leave the forest when the body still shock site.
If it goes over, I can not get out of the forest, and access assistance more difficult.
I got myself and my stuff edge of the road and called an ambulance. After the shower head on the shoulder a bottle of cold spray.
I just came home from the hospital. The shoulder has been cut to the bone and placed in a metal support.
Fortunately, I have insurance that covers all the expenses.
Take a break from driving, it does not replace :D ?
Extreme sports are always potential risks.
And here's a reminder for those who attempt it, even without guards. Do not do so.

Have a speedy recovery! I don't know if any practical safety gear is enough for really bad crashes, probably something like professional motorcycle racing full body armor, but I bet those are really expensive...

Motorcyclists do not have to miss equipment. Because their problem is not a quick stop, but the long sliding thanks to the wide protection zones.
I thought, in addition to the existing equipment of American soccer shoulder cap. It is designed for high-speed attacks. Also, hockey top-side chafer.

Oh hell, vee, my champion, you are my prefered rider, I feel really shocked and sorry for you.

If I can do something to help, please, tell !

I wish you a high morale and  a fast and good recovery.

Hope to see you riding again soon.

Thank you so much compassion :)
Yes I will return. Continue driving certainly quite a few days later but, only light in town driving. Since this is the most sensible way to move me now :) It does not strain his shoulder. Only downfall is forbidden :)
Now, I'm just kind of tired surgery.
Somewhere I will return as soon as possible. Depends a lot on how fast ossification begins. But a quiet off-road racing probably after some weeks. But the time to decide my doctor, when he follows the ossification.
Fortunately, the bones were supported with metal, and it speeds up the healing process.
In general, these injuries are completely healed after 6 months.
This just I browse new helmet and the other guards.

Shit dude.  Sorry to hear about your injury.  Welcome the club (I fractured my knee in EUC accident last year).   I'm sure you will back on your wheels in now time and breaking more speed records.

Today I will visit the site of the accident, and I'll try to make some sense of why this happened. That can take some lessons. I vaguely remember the place, but I was so shocked I could not think clearly the situation.

Vee,

get well soon! It is very respectable that you talk about your accident! My be this is an eye opener for newbies like me to take care and wear protective gear while riding a EUC, especially on high speed! I already had my first fall over (tried to ride too fast) on my 2nd day with my wheel. I keep in mind now: safety first!

Manu

I went to see the accident site. Judging from the spoor .. soft point, I lost balance and immediately hit the upright on the tree.

That I have fallen unconscious in the ditch. This would explain why I do not remember falling into a ditch and hit in any way. I just remember that the balance went, and that I woke up from a ditch.

Most likely, I flew into a ditch completely limp unconscious.

Background Trench was a big sharp rocks, which explains the shelters of breakage.

That's a pretty gnarly wound you got there. Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you heal well and fast. I look forward to seeing you back on your wheel and progressing the sport. Remember, chicks dig scars. ;)

Take care,

Simon aka SerpentineGX

Get better fast. Love reading your reports and watching your videos!

Also, thats one of the reasons why I'll wear a helmet at all times on my commute to work. U never know... (even though my commute doesn't lead me through forests at speeds like yours :D )

:)
Shoulder improvement is in good shape. No pain, and the wound is good-looking.
Accidentally will already moved your hand because there is no pain. Although not yet get it. But forget about the whole thing

: D
A few nights later removal of staples. Surely then the skin stops tightening.

Just yesterday I ordered a new helmet.

Today I ordered the American football deflector. Next week, when I get those, then go to the local shop to mediate hockey trousers and kneepads. Probably the game of hockey elbow pads.

18 "Gotway is tuned a little bit. Now it is for each battery cell voltage monitoring and alert others.
The cool air pushing fans did not take the time they are deliberately excess voltage due to additional power. They must be replaced right kind. Mail to transport them in the process ..

Charging equipment is full steam ahead, and also tested at full power the moment of time.
120A are able to give, no more :)
I measured the downloading takes 4800W power :)
A little bit more than the original charger.
And if at the same time I download additional equipment, batteries, power goes to 300W more.
That is more than 5000W.
But the batteries are fully charged within a reasonable time.

14 "Gotway was already running after a crash. I've been driving slowly for a number of days here and there :)
Familiar abhors, but I've come to say that it does not need hands :)
In all other running games needs.
Nor rally car driver stop the car trade intercourse if she has an accident in rally  :)

13889470.t.jpg

I measured the downloading takes 4800W power :)
A little bit more than the original charger.

A little bit? :D  I bet the original charger was like 200-300W  :P

And if at the same time I download additional equipment, batteries, power goes to 300W more.
That is more than 5000W.

That's not a charger, it's a small sauna stove ;)  Maybe you can heat your apartment in the winter with it... :P

I can easily say that, I'm pretty tough things experienced during the physically short life that, small things do not slow me much.

Battery specs ..
9000mAh (900wh) Lipo-16S
Max Continuous Discharge: 60C
Max Burst Discharge: 160C
Charge rate: 10C
(But I know from experience that it takes a lot more than that.)

The actual charging time is not yet known because I'm not quite empty battery to full uploaded any time. But I can assure you that it is of minutes.

Wow! Have you considered producing these aftermarket extreme eWheels for other people? The SoloWheel XTreme looks pretty anemic by comparison! I suppose, excluding labour, the kit for this Wheel easily exceeds $5,000?

You're still using the 'stock' motor right? Have you done any measurements in how high the temperature of the windings get when running at your typical 45kph(?) speeds? Is there a risk of burning-out the motor?   

I have not thought about anything other than having fun :)
Such EUC with the chargers would cost actually quite a lot.
I would say that the only charging devices cost at least € 1000.
I also have two 3kw an aggregate terrain for charging, and they cost € 2,000.

The engine is original. The electric motor is on a nice device that can be loaded with as much as you want if its temperature remains below about 80-100 ° C.
I have followed the engine temperature, and no concern of overheating does not exist.

Only the circuit board temperature can become too high without additional cooling.

Everything has its time, and now it's time to run slow :)
I hope you do not get bored.

I thought to make a video with a period at the minimum rate. I love the rough driving but, slowly driving also requires a lot of practice. To increase the level of difficulty, I decided to drive on a bumpy lawn, and I collarbone is broken, so too will a little bit more difficult when the hand is not free.
At some points, I also consider directly upwards and backwards. It also makes it difficult to drive.

Archived