As you have the milling machine vee73, wouldn't it have been easier to take the length from the top and mill a new axle mounting hole with the tapered slots for the axle clamping shims?

Just a thought as I don't have a lot of faith in aluminium welding which I assume is how you are going to reattach the bottom of the pedal hangers. There is going to be a lot of leverage from your weight on the pedals acting on the joint.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I, too, before the opening of thought made only oval-shaped hole. But there are wedges that tightens the shaft. It ruined the whole idea.
So make additional cuts. The aluminum can not be welded. So will bolt mounting. 6mm and 8mm bolts 12.9

13824000.t.jpg

13824001.t.jpg

May agree. But faster this in my own like that is ready to order a new one.
And I can also change this height if not satisfied.

It is at this time that what Lipo batteries fit.
For example, six copies of these should fit.
Capacity slightly increase.
My fleet charging in a few minutes.
When connected to the 3 batteries in series, and these packages two connected in parallel.
I could download an estimated 15 minutes.

I just need to first try withstand voltage is increased, or returning to the circuit board two cells increasing.
If it works, the state of new batteries 6pcs.

The cable for the test of the old estate.

The aim is therefore to try withstand electronics 16S Lipo.
The maximum voltage of 74V practically revolves around somewhere nearby.

Due to the fact that, whenever I download a single cell in a maximum of 4.19V.
After a quick charging voltage drops slightly, so there is somewhere close to 4.1V. The battery thus remains a little short. But it is in practice so reduce it does not matter.
But the battery life is extended while not quite a full download.

13824070.t.jpg

13824069.t.jpg

13824071.t.jpg

Edit: It is therefore Gotway 18" speed.

However, I decided to make new cables for batteries to replace the original fathers. I put the proper connectors in the motor cables.
Maybe a little exaggerated but, at least seen that have an impact.

13825363.t.jpg

13825362.t.jpg

13825359.t.jpg

13825360.t.jpg

13825361.t.jpg

Edit: It is therefore Gotway 18" speed.

Now I got rougher rubber.
Pretty big physical difference in size. But other nations, I could not find.

Original circumference of 1517mm.
Rough rubber circumference of 1443mm

The original diameter of 480mm
Rough rubber diameter of 457mm

Of the original width of 63,5mm
Rough rubber width 53mm

A wise man will able to immediately say how much lower the top speed at a lower ring is :)
But the torque increases accordingly.

13825357.t.jpg

13825358.t.jpg

I see you went with the narrower tyre. In theory it should make the handling a bit sharper and more precise.

If you intend to stud it have you thought about getting the next tyre width down in size in a smooth road tread? This would also be a smaller diameter and if you cut off the bead and fit it inside the studded one it should protect against and punctures from the inner end of the studs.

I know you have your own way of lining the tyre as shown on your 16" studded wheel but I can't help thinking this would be a simpler way.

I do not at all understand how that works.  :blink:

You fill in any three figures and press the compute button by the forth.

So you set the differential to one as it is a hub motor then you fill in the original tyre diameter and the speed it could go. You already know this. Then press compute next to rpm and it will give you the revs of the wheel.

If you then change the diameter to the new tyre size and click on compute next to the speed you should see what your new speed will be.

Your idea is quite feasible. But this rubber is too thin that it could put the pins.
Even if I would do as suggested by the hedge.
This rubber case my intention was just to get the summer off-road grip rubber.
But if there was a little thicker rubber for the winter, I'd be really happy.
I would sell out my Firewheel.

You fill in any three figures and press the compute button by the forth.

So you set the differential to one as it is a hub motor then you fill in the original tyre diameter and the speed it could go. You already know this. Then press compute next to rpm and it will give you the revs of the wheel.

If you then change the diameter to the new tyre size and click on compute next to the speed you should see what your new speed will be.

Nothing makes sense does not happen.  :wacko:

Right I put your 37kph into miles = 22.9907mph

so I rounded it up a fraction to 23mph this gave me a motor/wheel speed of 409rpm

I then changed the wheel diameter from 480mm or 18.9" to 457mm or 18"

The speed dropped to 21.8mph or 35kph

So it seems seems you've lost 2kph if your motor was at its top speed before. However if it wasn't a motor speed problem but a power problem your lower gearing and extra torque may give your motor more rpm.

Thank you Gimlet.
Let's see what happens in practice ..
Now I have two variables. Thicker wires and ring.
Bring the speed difference is not very large. Maybe I can live with it :)

It's so much more fun when there are two of you isn't it vee73?

Also I find that with my son along we tend to push each other to do more crazy things.

It is fascinating to see how determined they are to have fun in less than ideal climate ( snow ). I wonder what would Vee73 do if he lived in dry climate, like here in Texas. May be he will use his EUC on freeways?

It is fascinating to see how determined they are to have fun in less than ideal climate ( snow ). I wonder what would Vee73 do if he lived in dry climate, like here in Texas. May be he will use his EUC on freeways?

Maybe he would try route 66 from Chicago all the way to SantaMonica and end it with a jump from the pier to the ocean!

:lol: Fortunately, I live here.

But getting to the substance..

New video. Me and Gotway and it is a recipe for disaster: D

The first test run after modding.
The feeling was good. I became driven pretty hard :)
Modding has been increased pedals 22mm and milled below the pedal a few millimeters.

All batteries replaced thicker wires and connectors decent. Also, the motor terminals better.
Placed in the rougher pattern rubber. 18x2.125. This is, therefore, somewhat smaller than the original.
Therefore, will the terrain in which to keep the high pressure that the band gets hits.

I thought that the exchange of cables and connectors should be more power, but this in my opinion, did not happen.
The bigger ground clearance of the forest really good.
Grip is comfortable. But now came the lack of power to the front. So I guess I should try shortly Lipo batteries at the same time add two cells. Maybe it would take the circuit board. Where should the extra power.
Almost all video crashes related to power shortage.

But in any case, totally awesome device :) and the direction of a better one is going.

Archived