Hello

I have plans to do so for several unicycle test / demonstration as possible.
The aim is to make Youtube videos, take photos, write the experience as well as to test the equipment under different conditions.
Also, more users need to be tested on them. Included are beginners and more experienced.

Equipment importers, retailers and manufacturers are able to send me to this end devices.

The aim is to find out what equipment is best suited for each device and familiarize people with these.
Also, our country (Finland), the media is interested in this.

At the moment, the confirmation of 6-7 different participants.
One of them is the type of Segway.

I do not yet have a very clear vision.
I ask you now, what kind of thoughts, this raises.
And what are the wishes of others.

You can explore a little on my Youtube channel.
Today, I have a better description of the equipment, so the quality and editing to be bet more.

All materials are also published here.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vee,

I think that is a very good idea.

I would try to involve as many people in this as possible. Or, try as much different uses for the EU as possible.

Some people use their EU mainly for fun, riding short distances and doing crazy stuff.

Other use it to commute to work.

if you can, try to setup a rating system so you can compare the results.

Also, some minimum results might be laid down, so, for example, you could rate a EU as FAILED if it doesn't meet up to some expectations.

With the current increase in manufacturers this could be important to avoid people from buying lemons.

Good points MVM.

I have a few months of practicing 2-6 hours a day, that I am able to convincingly test drive all the unicycle. : D And a variety of situations.
Good protective equipment, despite the countless bruises after driving starts already run quite well. Also backwards.

I especially like the off-road driving. So I will test all there as well.

It is now the middle of winter. The test to be made during the summer.

If you are interested in what kind of a fleet in the winter time, please take a look here:

Today I had a video camera with the practiced driving.

Nice Vid !!

Love to see how you make driving backwards look so easy.

So far, I have not been able to do that at all, after a meter or so I get unbalanced.

Thanks
Before the video I practiced only in reverse driving for a week. Every day for about three hours.
At first I felt I would never learn. And protective equipment in the use.  :lol:
Now I am able to drive backwards easily. But still have to learn so that I can drive off-road backwards.
To that, I was just buying another protective equipment, for neck support. To the rear of the collapse is much more painful than forward.  :P

Thanks
Before the video I practiced only in reverse driving for a week. Every day for about three hours.
At first I felt I would never learn. And protective equipment in the use.  :lol:
Now I am able to drive backwards easily. But still have to learn so that I can drive off-road backwards.
To that, I was just buying another protective equipment, for neck support. To the rear of the collapse is much more painful than forward.  :P

Ok, I understand, three hours a day for a week is indeed a lot of time. You get a big Thumbs UP for that much tenacity.

Have tried it a couple of times, but never that long.

Now I know what to expect if I want to learn it still. Will wait for better weather though :)

I've seen a few videos of EUs being used on snow now and I understand you use studded tyres but having searched the net, the smallest diameter studded bike tyre I've managed to find is 24" so where do you find the smaller diameter studded tyres for EUs?

I ran into this same question when I was looking for myself studded tires.
All over I was told there was no such exist.

I browsed Google all possible pages. I could not find a single.

So I bought the local shop Heavy tread of the tire.
I bought a separate sale of self-screw pins.
They were really good. Very expensive. But I have never, under any circumstances received the ring slip. Not even a clean ice.
The grip is incredible.
Studs are carbides, so resistant to most likely use this forever ..
The pins went to my ring 240 pieces. Paid 276 €
Cheap price for not ever tire slip.

13659071.t.jpg

Here you can find all the information on the tire, and how I have done it.

Great mods. I like the battery heater but unlikely to be needed here. 

Now I know what I should be looking for I found Supertracks.com who sell studs in the UK.  Their smallest stud is a little smaller than the ones you used: 1000 Tip: dia. 1.7mm - length 2.2mm, min tread reqd. 5mm

I think that you should try them what you found.
My pin is a little too long. That's why I had to do more the thickness of that inner tube broken.
But the usual rubber brings to pin will not go. You need to buy a thicker rubber.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived