• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I read this whole thread in one sitting!  Which took a very long time.  I'm glad you're okay after the accident - I've been watching your youtube videos for a long time and didn't even know it was written up here.  I have been sharing your videos to friends  = )

Amazing to read about all the modifications and details behind the videos!

Thanks @castShadow. Glad to hear that you are interested in my stuff even though my English is bad. :)
It is great that you have shared my videos.
This will provide new Xtreme hobby to people familiar, and hopefully more devotees who makes this even better.
And most important, the factories would start to produce a better performance EUC.
I hope that all who have Facebook, share my EUC Extreme pages forward ..
There you can find the latest update.
Thanks for you all :)

https://www.facebook.com/EUCExtreme?ref=hl

Your upgrades are very advanced and cutting edge!  = )

I also raised the pedals position on one of my models - I like that position, it feels taller, it clears the ground better, and maneuvering is easier.  There was a 2nd hole position that is 1-inch higher to hang the pedals and I moved the pedals immediately.  The only problem is the magnets that fold the pedals up no longer align.

I am also thinking of moving one motor+tire and installing it in another eu body but I haven't researched that yet.  I imagine it's possible.  And also much later I want to try battery mods or upgrading battery packs.  But these would all be for future.  = P

16 hours ago, vee73 said:

You should use it to cushion which these are sold. It is nice and soft and gives a good gripping surface.

I was actually thinking this kind of suspension:St-Albans-Car-Repairs-St-Albans-Car-Serv

Of course you could not use this type but maybe there is smaller versions that could eat up the worst bumps? But I am no engineer so I dont know. But would it be possible to fit suspension on a EUC that could help with smaller bumps?

:) I misunderstood :)
I'm not very fond of thinking about the suspension.
This is still a lot of bigger things that I would like to change.
Fortunately, it is now already been made of the most acute changes locations. As it will not switch off, even if tilted more than 45 degrees.

(see the EUC Extreme Facebook short video)
And on the other hand .. I think one of the interesting and challenging thing is to try to be flexible legs.
Driving yes to facilitate the suspension, but then speeds will increase. And yet these top speed sufficient.
If you get a lot more torque and speeds 70-80kmh. Then maybe I'd start to think about the suspension.
The problem is weight gain. It rises as a result of the suspension, and I think that a lot of power can be increased without a bigger battery packs, etc. Power to be added in turn leads to increased power grip requirements. And increasing the grip will only change the type of tire. And that adds weight.
I pimped 18inch Gotway now weighs 21kg.
I think that, if you wished to do right really good EUC. It should be done completely different.
It would then have everything you need. And it is heavy :)
Sure, a little suspension could bring relief. But I do not think that it would be satisfactory.
I have a small rubber pieces pedal folds. Every little bit gives flexibility pedal. But this is simply designed to increase grip for feet during the bounce.

On 12/03/2015 12:40:45, Gimlet said:

Did it spin about 3 turns in both directions before the beep?

If so the method is the same as the one I described for the EYU except that there are no wires connected to the contacts on your pcb.

I have a EYU V1 unicycle and when the battery is low, stop the energy  without to do bip, this is very dangerous I have ever falls a few times and while not to solve the problem I do not will come back to use it. 
The factory speaks that battery is dead.

Link to see the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q0kSj5YaM0

Help me, please.

Sorry, my English is not good.

Thanks so much vee for this thread, great reading loved it. Good to see there are others that are as crazy as I am. I have been in this hobby for a week and am already looking for something faster.

Archived