• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I had a very good experience Gotway 18inch and lipo battery. I thought, might be a good idea to also Gotway 14inch and lipo battery.
I put Revolectrix 16S 60C 3700mAh battery.
These I get full, if necessary, about 5-6 minutes.
But most likely I download these only small chargers, as these batteries are already in the pension age. Then these men met in less than 20 minutes.

These batteries will be shortened drive on a single charge. But the original battery I had to stop driving well before the actual end of the battery because, out of a lot of power until the battery is actually empty.
The same problem as the 18 inch.

Perhaps the number of charging cables slightly increased, but it does not bother me.

Since I'm used to that they always have a lot :)

But we'll see how this works ..

13859380.t.jpg

13859379.t.jpg

13859378.t.jpg

13859377.t.jpg

13859375.t.jpg

13859374.t.jpg

Do you have to register your apartment as an industrial plant for all the electricity you use? ;) Seems pretty hardcore batteries and chargers... I'm just waiting for the weather to finally clear up a bit so I get to ride, it's been raining all evening.

:rolleyes: Not these chargers are not hard-core. Just normal RC enthusiasts.
Only the 300W one charger.
They are what I'm going to download the 18 inch 2000W are one charger.
For those take off must be taken both chargers on their own fuse.
And they are big sources of power what the picture showed, there must be another.
It starts already be pretty hard-core.

Really? The big box on the floor with 24V and 50V -markings looks like there's 6 big PSUs (Power Supply Units) in it. A 800W/1kW computer-PSU is about 1/3 the size of one of those.

Edit: looking at the size scale from other objects, they might be smaller than I thought.

After a very long search I found 18x2.50 size, and slightly rougher rubber.
No more emergent gums if hit by a rock force.
18x2.125 sized outbreak is almost everyday.

This is so thick rubber layer that, in the winter I get screwed pins.
Now I can get back to the original speed, and a new circuit board upgrade of 6kmh more accelerated. Yeah!
In addition, akuiksi lipo, and torque will be wildly more.

Yet the new shells :)

13859973.t.jpg

@vee73, what are your thoughts on the Fire/Safety hazard of these Li-Po's? Although the energy density slightly less with the best 18650s, the cylindrical format possesses quite a few intrinsic safety features that reduces the risk of thermal run-away. 

18650.png

I've been using for years even large lipo batteries, and I'm not worried about their safety. They must be able to handle correctly and the risks can therefore be minimized.
To Edit the batteries as necessary for each use and have done so for a long time to others.
Lipo good half of the battery are clear, and there are currently no other better.
Always something unexpected may happen, but even then must be able to function properly, and should be aware of dangers in advance that knows how to act properly and minimize the damage.
Sometimes lipo may burn, and other tools in the process. But also by car traffic can happen something, and we still miss home :)

With custom mods, experience is key, but the fact that manufacturers shy away from Li-Pos is suggestive that the statistical safety is not equivalent to the 18650. If you're a manufacturer, one high-profile battery fire could wipe out the reputation. 

In fact, I'm not a manufacturer. I just change my battery cell volumes, etc..
It's why the manufacturers do not use the lipo. One reason is that the majority of buyers do not know anything about them. And that is a problem.
Not that it would be a big security risk when properly handled.

18650 is a lot of hassle-free use, yet even that may ignite.
But if lipo security risks are not exceeded, usually the problem will not come.
But safe or not.
For me, the primary thing is the performance of the battery.
And flying devices, the next most important is the weight.

I've noticed that 95% of the available battery equipment is too small, the battery performance self-performance of the device.
This applies to both hardware can be made at the factory and manufactured by people istse.
Too little is attached to the instantaneous power demand and reduce the overall performance.

As an example, Gotway18.
It is using a different planet lipo battery.

It is known to a very few cases where the LiPo battery should be ignited without any external factors.
That is, it does not come fully to himself. Only very rarely. But it also makes 18650.
In fact, knowledge is perhaps even more cases with 18650 SYTTY entirely to himself. But of course, they are used almost everywhere.
Both the fire is aggressive and oxygen after it must not be extinguished.

One lipo battery problem is aging.
Its performance is reduced substantially higher than 18650 although they are not even being used.

Lipo also aging rapidly in use if it is used in extreme conditions. I mean really at the limit or even beyond.
Approximately 150-200 cycles, and its best performance in the past. And can no longer be used in demanding locations.

But. This can talk endlessly :)
And Gotway is like a rocket lipo battery.

I found as I found some kind of a coarser rubber and immediately began to design one of them for the winter :)

13860239.t.jpg

A few words about the batteries.
Then, if I need a battery that is durable and reliable, and secure. And, unless the performance and weight is not a priority, I choose Life 123 cells.

It has a battery that lasts just about anything. It must not be broken almost any way. It can be downloaded from lipo scale the load and the terrible speeds and disassembly is also possible to just how you want. It just warms up, nothing more. Mechanically resistance is more than you can expect.
After all the torture of 123 Life Battery lasts from year to year even if its voltage should be between 0V

These cells I have an incredible amount of available just everywhere.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that Gotway 680wh 14inch has not benefited nearly as much lipo battery as 18inch.
In extreme cases, the torque was but a little more, but obviously the engine, or is likely to circuit boards can not handle more power.
So the battery of increased power output capability is not of great help.
The main difference is that the maximum power lipo battery operation even if the battery nearly empty.
Performance does not change during driving.

The differences came to the fore the best, at high speed and steep inclines.

14 inch in charge..

13861361.t.jpg

Indoor air ventilation. If it is necessary. I think that it is sufficient that, heat is off the plate quickly.
The other half is directly connected to the outside air, so it cools very much. Ring is very close and causes the cooling air flow suitably.
Do you need this? Yes I use. I get temperatures easily rise to 60 ° C, although the temperature should be just 10 degrees. What about when it comes to summer heat wave. And yet I can get lipo batteries twice more torque.
This is indeed needed. The biggest problem may be the temperature of the batteries. But first need to experiment with how hot they come.
Batteries wondered water cooling. Would be disc inside which water and batteries against it. Out of the cell by the relative wind cools.
But this is only the idea stage. It would be feasible.

Such cooling Gotway 18 interior. From experience I have noticed that, often enough to the indoor air is circulated. Circulating the air cools better than standing.
So, to install two fans who run the air in a circle inside the device. It may be that the allowance fans.
Also on this other side of the aluminum plate on one side with the outside air. It has cooling fins.

A small battery compartment becomes Life A123 cells which will be the operating current fans, battery temperature displays, excessive heat alarm. In winter, batteries are used to heat all the batteries.

Gotway 18 receives two pieces of 8-cell lipo batteries, and both of them will have its own temperature display and alarm.
Both batteries can be recharged separately. This allows each 70A to load current at the same time. So take a few minutes to load :ph34r:

13863183.t.jpg

13863182.t.jpg

13863181.t.jpg

13863178.t.jpg

I have been driving a break for some days. Only visited the town slowly driving. Today I went to drive the terrain paths with me Gotway 18.
Oh, boy. How is it driving seemed so nice, and I was able to drive an incredibly high speed. Familiar places had to drive new racing lines because, familiar pets not impossible to use such speeds. I wish I had a camera included.

Familiar stones and roots that I had evaded before, now time than their directly. Overall, in addition to driving it felt really easy and everything was successful. Great trip.

850wh battery was discharged 13 after mile, so that it has been able to drive the kind of driving longer.
Appp showed the temperature was 57 ° even though the air temperature was only + 13 ° and the wind.

The only unfortunate thing is that, plated ring broke. Its tissues betrayed and bounce.
Tovon, however, that it will still take a little while before rakannan whole Gotway's again.

:wub:

Appp showed the temperature was 57 ° even though the air temperature was only + 13 ° and the wind.

The main board heats to 57 degrees Celsius even with the cooling plates and fins? There must be pretty high currents running through the mosfets.

No no. Now you got it wrong. This is still the original system.
New is still only on the table completely outstretched.
Little by little it begins to take shape.
I do not want to do it a second time, and that is why I try all the time to do it properly. All batteries heating systems for the winter and summer for cooling.
Take a little time :)

Archived