• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe my tirade because that, I would like my Gotway 18 top speed to be at least 60-70kmh.
Then I would not have to worry about speed.
I believe that in the future such exists.
And these are run a race.
But I would like the future is today  :D

Beginning of the video I test how Gotway 18 behaves in skateboarding. It goes splendidly. But keep waiting for the track to melt and dry. Now it was really slippery.
Then I found a great place to ride off-road. Too bad that I had already driven 15 miles of terrain before when I found this place.
I am totally exhausted. As you breath to hear :)

The other day I had driven 50 miles in the woods, so today I had to take it a bit.
It was a steep fall in the 34 degrees. I measured the phone.
It was a bit slippery and a bit soft.
There have to go again ..

Yep. Over time almost every day for at least a 50. But all of the forest, it is a tough task. Today I went to now still taking the feel of Skateboarding. Ramp amounted to 8 kilometers.
Untalented keep practicing :)
Over an average of 3 hours per day.

Yep. Over time almost every day for at least a 50. But all of the forest, it is a tough task. Today I went to now still taking the feel of Skateboarding. Ramp amounted to 8 kilometers.
Untalented keep practicing :)
Over an average of 3 hours per day.

Vee73, You are not normal. Do you know that? :) OMG! Where do you get that much time each day?  I can only imagine how you will do in sunny place like Texas. You probably spend 8 hours on wheels here. ;)

I knew little until I'm not normal  :blink:
All that I start to do, I will do to the fullest.
And the moped gets out of hand.

I am now seriously considering buying a second Gotway 18 "speed version. Since one can not run all day. Charging takes so long.
In my view, GW18 is definitely the greatest I have. Although there are speed version. I'm not the kind of uphill found it did not increase. If the grip is, it will go.

I'm not thinking about that. if there is a new exquisite 18". If I still look forward to ..  :huh:

Two things which I wish every one wheel manufacturer to do ..
Two or three different heights to which the pedals could be put.
This would not be difficult to implement, and someone may want to put the pedals lower. Or so when I do, I would like to raise. One cent would be a great thing. It would affect a lot.
For example, three separate holes where the pin can be put.

I am here thinking to do completely new parts with pedals attached.

Another thing is also associated with pedals.
Their tilt angle should also be adjustable. For example, like this, like I've done Gotway 18 pedals.
There will be a completely different driving experience when the angle is changed.

13817088.t.jpg

13817087.t.jpg

13817109.t.jpg

13817108.t.jpg

The IPS132 already has two mounting holes for the pedal hinges and I have raised them to the top holes on both of mine.

They're about a centimeter higher and it doesn't seem to make that much difference to the ride but it does allow much sharper turns without grinding he pedal edges.

Spacing the hinges as you've done is a good way of changing the angles but have you tried using rubber as a packer to give a little flex and a form of very basic suspension.

Okay. I did not know that such already is.
Good that at least some. The terrain, I'd miss more the height of the pedals.

I have not tried rubber. Good idea. Tough terrain jumping legs could keep up with even better place.
I need to try. Must first find a suitable rubber.
The problem may be that, the rubber gets to stay.
Such sheet metal strips have not remained non-bolting. All other bag of tricks have been bad. Pieces slowly sliding away.

How about the sheet rubber you used on your studded tyre. You must have some off cut of that. And I suggest trying a rubber based contact adhesive to stick it in place as that will allow some movement and flex.

Let's not come to my mind. A great tip.

Today I took a lot of video footage Gotway 18 run.
The weather was a lot drier than yesterday, and was able to drive much harder :)
The best time I download the machine that I can edit ...

I was driving a 18" Gotway one battery, and at the same time I took a video.
The ground was drier than in the previous video, and it allowed driving at a higher speed.
Beeps in the video is not because, I am taken by the speaker off.
Gotway app is enabled.
The phone comes in a warning vibrations which I know that the speed of delivery is at least 30 km / h.
However, now speed was so big that the terrain seen in the video as well. All but the slip by. I would have liked that, the video shows how the Gotway go nicely over large rocks, stumps, fallen trees and tree roots, etc.
So I do not dodge all the big rocks, but the time directly over them.

It is a pity that in the video, for example, jumps seem to have any, although some of them had at least one meter in height.

Between the ice and it is really slippery standard tire.

At the end of seen the fall of the hard pace. Loss of grip when accelerating, and I lose control. I fly in the sand by rotating 5m and Gotway bouncing uncontrollably to 15 meters away.
I did not hurt myself in any way. The camera remained on hand even though it was only my thumb and forefinger.

Hady Tools,  :D

Again, the new video. Now the camera is on the helmet.
It was really slippery. The ground was wet. I tried all the time to drive the borders grip. I have learned to feel the slightest slip of the tire. Also, this will be able to run even if the rubber a little slip. Of course, the loss of grip so that the crashes.

Borders grip and slipping is difficult to drive when the forest is much more exposed tree roots. The tire bounces constantly, and legs stretch is tough muscles. If the legs do not stretch, the ring is so much air that it is impossible to run fast.

The ring must be squeezed to the strong force between the legs.
Otherwise, it bounces uncontrollably.
The video is a standard rubber used. I have ordered a coarser rubber. So, in the future rates will increase.

The problem then consists Gotway top speed, which is 40kmh. As already time much more than 30kmh.
I hope that Gotway produces a faster version :)

Another thing is also associated with pedals.

Their tilt angle should also be adjustable. For example, like this, like I've done Gotway 18 pedals.

There will be a completely different driving experience when the angle is changed.

The Gotway Mten2 has adjustable pedal angles via two set screws in the hinge:

post-127-0-87765700-1430495458_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-92676600-1430495512_thumb.jpg

Gotway 18 Speed 850wh battery is empty in the forest 20 km, by driving.
The device runs out of power in soft and steep incline when accelerating sharply. While the battery is almost full.
But such driving requires hard driver commanding.

Gotway 18 Speed 850wh battery is empty in the forest 20 km, by driving.

The device runs out of power in soft and steep incline when accelerating sharply. While the battery is almost full.

But such driving requires hard driver commanding.

That's the problem with getting the race car version when you really needed the Range Rover version. :)

You can't have both speed and torque in a still compact form factor. :)

In this way it is :)
Ie. We need a bigger voltage, etc ..
That we get more speed and torque: D

Perhaps I buy the middle 18 "version (34kmh).
For I could drive off-road.
Of course, the problem is not big. It will be able to live with.

Let's see now, first, how to speed version behaves when I get to the rougher patterned tire. It is, I think there should be a few days.

At the same time I replace the battery and motor wires thicker. If it should be a little bit more power use.

If you replace the wires take particular care over the connections! My friend who's son was an electric remote control race car junior champion said that there is generally more resistance problems with the connections than there ever is in the conductors/wires themselves!

I forgot to mention that at the same time to delete all the fittings. They are not necessary :)

Good thinking as long as you don't make it too awkward to take apart for maintainance. :)

My Gotway gets a new rougher patterned rubber. So while I open the device, make a few changes.
Thicker wires then I change when a new shell becomes.

Now, concentrate on lifting pedal. I raise them 20mm.
In addition, I'll be thinner underneath the pedal a few millimeters. They are resistant to it, yes.
Ground clearance is increased approximately 22mm.

At the same time I formulate pedals so that so easily grab the branches and stones.
Few pictures of the project. The paper my plan.
Too bad, but that, I went to one part of the milling cutter broken. Now, the project stretches a few days.

Envelopes are badly broken. Cracks in the lot and large pieces left off.
But the treatment has been fierce :)

13823940.t.jpg

13823939.t.jpg

13823938.t.jpg

13823937.t.jpg

Archived