• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the maximum speed of the testing increases the safety of equipment.
At the same time I took an extra aluminum pedals bottom out. I raised the pedals, and therefore hold unnecessary stuff.

13866276.t.jpg

13867330.t.jpg

13867329.t.jpg

13867328.t.jpg

Gotway 18 "Extra Speed ​​Deluxe version.
Here is some technical information :)

For the winter traction battery heating.
Recirculation system cooling or heating purposes.
Battery temperature control, and temperature displays, and an alarm if the heat gets too much.
Speaker ON / OFF button.
Speaker transferred so that, certainly hears even at high speeds.
12V output even for charging your mobile phone.
Each battery cells in the mail coming to the voltage monitor and alarm too low voltage.
Battery charging possible for about 10 minutes (lipo batteries 900wh 16S 60-160C)
the available power from the charging current 2x70A.
Charging is also possible to the original charger.
Batteries protected from impact with a stainless metal plate.
Total weight 20kg.
Charging vehicles and equipment weighs 30kg

Top speed 43kmh and alarm 38kmh mark.
It is also possible that the top speed is much higher when the battery performance does not run out of any situation :) This needs to be tested.
Bring the plant declared 43kmh top speed of original batteries.
In one picture you can see the charging equipments.

13872998.t.jpg

13872996.t.jpg

13872994.t.jpg

13872993.t.jpg

13872990.t.jpg

13872988.t.jpg

13872985.t.jpg

13872983.t.jpg

13872982.t.jpg

13872979.t.jpg

That's probably the fastest EUC in the world currently  :D  Have you had the opportunity to try it yet? 

I was checking some 22.2V RC LiPo -batteries today, wondered if I could wire 3 of them in series to get 66.6V (2500mAh: https://www.karkkainen.com/verkkokauppa/arrowind-magic-lipo-2500-mah-6s---55c---137,5a---405-g-akku#spca , looks like 3 of these should fit into one battery compartment of the FW, or maybe the 3300mAh -version, but that would be tight with 145mm length). The 2500mAh at 66.6V would give 166,5Wh more (if I understood correctly), but I don't know if they could be wired in parallel with the original FW battery... Also, since they apparently do not have their own BMS's, I don't know if I could charge them without special charger etc... Probably better to go with the original FW batteries  ;)

I have not tested. I tried it all works. Tomorrow test run.
I'm trying to run a "gentle" batteries inside. And a little bit to observe the work as it should.
New lipo batteries should not immediately burdened maximally.
A couple of times, and then download all the game.
Even after a long inactivity same thing.

In principle, the batteries should always be the same quality. I would put 18650 and lipo batteries mixed up. It is likely to become a problem.
And those kinds of anonymous batteries should be left to trade no matter how cheap. These days, preferably also receives proper lipo batteries.
You should look out for the quality of the batteries as such. Gens ace, Revolectrix, Thunder Power. These now quickly came to mind. In fact, I buy only Revolectrix batteries. I have pointed out in their sustainable really hard strain, and they are reasonably priced.

I have not tested. I tried it all works. Tomorrow test run.
I'm trying to run a "gentle" batteries inside. And a little bit to observe the work as it should.
New lipo batteries should not immediately burdened maximally.
A couple of times, and then download all the game.
Even after a long inactivity same thing.

Yeah, it might not be a good idea to go try for the "max speed" as the very first thing... :P

In principle, the batteries should always be the same quality. I would put 18650 and lipo batteries mixed up. It is likely to become a problem.
And those kinds of anonymous batteries should be left to trade no matter how cheap. These days, preferably also receives proper lipo batteries.
You should look out for the quality of the batteries as such. Gens ace, Revolectrix, Thunder Power. These now quickly came to mind. In fact, I buy only Revolectrix batteries. I have pointed out in their sustainable really hard strain, and they are reasonably priced.

​I suspected as much, I think that I better leave building custom battery sets to people who know what they're doing, my spouse has been mostly just amused by my excitement about the wheels, but she might have a bit different attitude if I burn the house down to the ground with some home-made custom battery setup...  :D  

Lipo batteries, external irritation is usually the one who makes them light up. Spontaneously they light up very rarely.
For this reason, I bet protect the batteries, and home is the fire blanket and fire extinguisher 6kg. Also, several smoke alarms.
For maximum safety, I will build fireproof storage "box" which can accommodate up to Gotway.

That's probably the fastest EUC in the world currently  :D  Have you had the opportunity to try it yet? 

​Lol, Finland is not the land of automobile champions for nothing. Vee is definitively the Raikkonen of monowheels.

For a technical guy, this topic is my favorite, a mine of information (even if my Finglish decoder regularly bugged on vee :P )

I noticed before driving that, the alarm sounds faded significantly when the cover is in place, so I put the speaker of carbon fiber tube that comes close to the cover and small holes in the cover. Now it is better. Other alarms are also more clearly through the extra holes.
Alarm Sound affiliation is important because the 38kmh speed alarm comes from the speaker. The phone software is still the same as before.
So I do not necessarily need the phone for monitoring of speed.

In the future, the transparent cover must be closed with velcro that goes around. The cover can only be torn off. But a good quality velcro is still on the way.

(Edit: This speaker issue did not come contemplated runs up. It would have been transferred to the speaker completely outside the unit. Keep doing it the next time I open that.)

13873233.t.jpg

13873234.t.jpg

13873232.t.jpg

Test run completed. And it was really short. The new board was really lousy.
None of torque. It was really dangerous to drive, and that's why I took it off right away.
Some of the uphills kept the lead.
Speed ​​Display the phone lagged far behind, and therefore looked wrong most of the time.

I replaced the old circuit board, and a torsion returned. Now it is really nice to drive. Lipo batteries provide an incredible amount of extra power. Speeds in poor terrain was increased significantly when there was power.
Yes anon gets the power of the hard uphill and acceleration. Especially if the speed is more than 25kmh. But there must come along until you get better :)

Air Circulation helped cool. But there may be the need to add ventilation.

The new tire had good grip. Even so good that it is slightly complicated by driving when you do not turn so easily. But it will get used to it.

The battery charges very quickly. It can be placed on charge just before you are going to drive. In the meantime, when you put your clothes on, the battery is fully charged: D

Here are the first feelings.

I put the motor connectors with heat shrink sleeves. However, I left intentionally part without heating. Therefore, I would see whether they are warmed up using so much that by itself will shrink.
And yes. My suspicion was right. All the shrink had shrunk to only a short test run.
So I changed even larger connectors. Cords should also be replaced. But coming out of the engine is so small hole where the wires come to that, completely replacing them will not succeed.
But perhaps as soon as I increase the output of the wires.

The battery will go on the circuit board wires are 10AWG, and they warmed run somewhat.
Charging is so fast that it they warm up pretty hard. but not too much.

13874472.t.jpg

13874474.t.jpg

13874473.t.jpg

Today, again, Battery backup driven off-road.

900wh lipo lasted there for 15 kilometers. Admittedly, driving was not slow in landscapes, viewing, but we drove quite hard. Power, therefore, goes the real deal when it is available.
It's great to drive when you have a decent thick rubber whose onset does not need to be afraid. Even big stones do not have to dodge at all, you can drive straight over.
However, torque is now so much, that average speeds have risen wildly bad terrain.
And at high speed is no longer any time to dodge the stones or the other.
I look at when driving a long distance ahead and choose the driving line. Drifting can not possibly see all the rocks and obstacles and selected racing line must be kept even if the front should anything.
At high speed fast dodges it is impossible to do. Have a go at the selected line and be careful that feet remain pedals.
Since more and more important speeds grown legs remain in place o. I had to make the pedals more grip.

Undeniably speeds already began to be such that, my self scared :) As strange terrain where there's something so big against not being able to run over and not have time to slow down .. the only way left ..

Circuit board temperatures remain well under control.
Similarly, the batteries do not heat up too much. However, now is not very hot air.
Thermal motor also remains low.

The new thick rubber is so heavy that, Gyroscopic complicate a little bit of driving. Changing a tire posture requires a new driving style learning. For example, the bend tilting want to finish as early as during the bend, otherwise the reversal goes on for too long.
In general, the reversal is not so fast, and also because the rapid change of lane markers is not possible.

900wh lipo lasted there for 15 kilometers.

Around 60Wh per kilometer? That's quite a power drain, the speed and torque are probably huge  :D

Undeniably speeds already began to be such that, my self scared :)

Any idea on the top speed now? 45+km/h?

Circuit board temperatures remain well under control.
Similarly, the batteries do not heat up too much. However, now is not very hot air.
Thermal motor also remains low.

Given the cooling elements with fins you have, I'd expect them to cool fairly well.

The new thick rubber is so heavy that, Gyroscopic complicate a little bit of driving. Changing a tire posture requires a new driving style learning. For example, the bend tilting want to finish as early as during the bend, otherwise the reversal goes on for too long.
In general, the reversal is not so fast, and also because the rapid change of lane markers is not possible.

Probably a Google translate problem, do you mean turning (kääntyminen) with reversal? The wheel keeps turning after tilting sideways (bending) and then going back upright? Yliohjautuu?

I have not tested the maximum speed yet.
But because the torque is much more able to drive clearly faster continuously.

Yes, big heat sinks help a lot. Nevertheless, the heat was in the range of more than 60 degrees. But it also cooled rapidly in the slightest pause.

Yes, I mean oversteer :) Or that, turning or tilting it is difficult to get to an end quickly.

13875660.t.jpg

Extra Grip.

Became an unexpected surprise in terms of charging.
While I download still only lightly 2x30A power. The charger heat rises inside so hard that it will drop the charging power. And it adds to the load time to no avail. I need to come up with some additional cooling. I believe that the outdoors is no problem. Installing a single fan is now the first drug.
If it does not work, I put the cold bags of familiar electric cooling elements. Then it is certain that the cooling is enough :)

13875661.t.jpg

However, I decided to put the fans that push air from outside in. The housing will be a little pressure, and outlet openings are cables oversized openings.
Certainly the batteries to cool down. This ventilation can be used even if only during the charging process.

I thought about it oversteer which I estimate due to the heavy rubber.
But I remembered that I was now for the first time put the rubber around 2 deciliter of liquid substance which places the future of the hole immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlZvOVG8zsI took the material out of the inner tubes, and try whether it would have the effect.
One would think at least some active when the fluid within will want to behave differently than solid rubber.
But we'll see.

13876110.t.jpg

13876109.t.jpg

I put the free cooling energy to the circuit board. Here, the air begins to warm up and circuits worst enemy is heat.
In my case, the circuit board is loaded with more than what it has been designed. So, I do not want to risk that the board is broken by excessive heat.

13876799.t.jpg

13876800.t.jpg

13876801.t.jpg

Archived