• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, vee73 said:

In winter there is a lot more pleasant crash. I recommend, therefore, to drive even in the winter :)

You're the first person I know of that considers a crash pleasant. I wish I have a strong body like you. :lol:

But, if I may have a free hand to design the EUC. Its top speed of 100kmh should be, and the power would be at least five times. That is, 25000 - 30000W. Now, the maximum power consumption is a little more than 5000W.
Tyre size should be a maximum of 19 inches. But it would be far wider than the current ones. Rubber should also be as light as possible.

5 minutes ago, vee73 said:

But, if I may have a free hand to design the EUC. Its top speed of 100kmh should be, and the power would be at least five times. That is, 25000 - 30000W. Now, the maximum power consumption is a little more than 5000W.
Tyre size should be a maximum of 19 inches. But it would be far wider than the current ones. Rubber should also be as light as possible.

@zlymex had done some measurements from a Gotway with more precise tools, and it seems the electrical current values the wheel telemetry gives are about double than what they are in reality. So it seems it's actually "only" around 2500-3000W probably.

20 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Wow @vee73 you can still manage to run off that fall!

He must have hit a patch of dry. Seems most of the time he is used to snow but the dry must have caught him out. LOL Thanks for taking one for the team.

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm all of the cables in the hope that I would get more torque. According to calculations, the original is too thin.
Passing through the motor shaft cables put double it.
Elsewhere, the thickness is even greater. 10AWG.
Also, I put the connectors considerably larger.

The batteries swapped wires in the past.

Mosfets, I also have to be changed to better quality.

But before that, I need to test drive that I can ascertain whether this benefit.

14036383.t.jpg

14036385.t.jpg

14036386.t.jpg

14036387.t.jpg

14036389.t.jpg

14036391.t.jpg

14036390.t.jpg

14036864.t.jpg

14036865.t.jpg

14036866.t.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly a year ago ..
I climbed for the first time aboard the EUC.

(Video is not exactly my first impressions, but allmost)

Exactly one year ago, I had to use the back support, and a walking stick that I was able to walk. I was 7 years serious illness which took all of my muscles. 

Nearly killed myself, because I'm too tired to move anymore and I do not live.

A little over a year ago we found a cure.

A year ago, I decided that I learn to drive EUC and rehabilitates it myself.
All I knew thought I was crazy when I tried to learn the EUC without muscles.
Now, after so many bruises I'm in very good shape and I have a lot of muscles throughout the body.
And fun to be had.
No one, no one would have thought that, years from now this video is me.

Part of my thanksgiving belongs to us here. I have had from the beginning you for help when I need it.
Unknowingly you have encouraged me to continue moving forward and constantly surpass myself.
If I get to drive the EUC. Almost anyone can do it, if only he wants.
Thanks.
I put on a bigger gear .. :ph34r: :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You Vee73 for letting me test Your Rockwheel. After reading (most of it at least) your comments about RW, having pretty similar feel myself too, I can only image how GW18 feels like - but a lot better than before :) After reading everything I found about 9bot1 C+ and E+ compared, as well as P, together with all about MCM2 and Lhotz I'm as assured as possible that Lhotz is just the wheel for me. Of course I have experienced myself only TG, C+ and RW, thus something better may come up later, perhaps GW16 or similar. But at the moment Lhotz tire has, measured from pics, definitely largest air space, so it has to have largest space for tire too. And as You compared MCM2 and RW, I believe that tire size isn't truly as important as summary of everything else.

For other readers: I'm a same age Mrs. but app. 500k south from Vee, riding in winter/freeze+snow too. This far coolest snow rides with enduro bike has been -32 Celsius about 60k, on EUC -30 C 3k. At the moment I'm preparing studded tire for Lhotz, while waiting for it to arrive anxiously. Earlier on this topic Vee73 mentioned stud's from italian BestGrip, I've been testing those with MC's for years and those studs are real royalties on the markets. Just find Your way to get them, You'll get the grip better than any summer conditions (except maybe on RR, try track...). They also held in place and last better than any other stud. But accoding my tests, app. 170 was friction wise the best number on 17" MX tyre, 200 in 18" MX tyre - thus when app. same mass lies on wheel of EUC, I believe the best the best grip will be found somewhere around 150 studs in 16" (even though dia reduces from 16" MX about 200mm, You'll have accordingly less surface area in contact with road) since You better have at least 3 studs in contact every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived