!!! Firmware or hardware problems with KS18L, wheels locking up while trolleying

esaj

12 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

@TomOnWheels Nice update. I agree with the handle issue. Hope to have mine fixed as well.

@ricqvo The seller has already volunteered that information on this forum on another thread with the KS rep, and he has very good customer service, so I don't mind mentioning eWheel's @Jason McNeil . I hope to (eventually) have my issues ironed out.

As I relayed to the seller, having to take this wheel apart every week (now 2 weeks in a row) is not something I want to continue doing, so I will have to revert to my 16S until this is working. Luckily it is not a failure that appears to happen while riding. But I will also ride it home slowly today before giving it a long rest.

And, now that I have taken this apart 2 times, I find 1 or 2 screws are starting to wear down and I broke the white plastic housing on the left side of one of the speakers trying to pry the sticky foam off so I could reach the power plug. :( . I think I should not be taking this apart any more. Hopefully it's just a bad controller board.

So it is china seller?

1 minute ago, nte said:

eWheels

Ugh.. In usa there live richer people and they dont have to pay 23% VAT... In europe we are poor af and we have to pay 23% vat, so the ks18L is in the end 2200USD here...

8 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Ugh.. In usa there live richer people and they dont have to pay 23% VAT... In europe we are poor af and we have to pay 23% vat, so the ks18L is in the end 2200USD here...

That Sucks?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

Trump is fixing that for us. :(

I hope not. Although the fallout from his immigration policies are widely reported, I haven't heard anything about the "Big Oompa Loompa" tinkering with import and export policies.

Edited by Lutalo

Is the original post of this thread being kept up to date? I should be receiving my 18l soon and would like to know about the issues and how to deal with them - without searching through the entire forum. I read that turning the trolly off via the app isn't good enough and it instead it's wires need to be physically disconnected. Is this true?

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I hope not. Although the fallout from his immigration policies are widely reported, I haven't heard anything about the "Big Oompa Loompa" tinkering with import and export policies.

Should probably keep political stuff out of these posts as not everyone will agree with your point of view.  That said, I still don't understand how so many people support "Illegal Immigration".  So the fallout is from Trump's stance on "Illegal Immigration".  He fully supports legal immigration.  The analogy would be disregarding a bunch of uninvited people you don't know who just come into your house and stay, versus inviting people that you know personally to come into your house.  90% of the media will try to make you think he is against "immigration" itself, when in fact it is illegal immigration that he is against.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/25/2018 at 1:24 PM, squirt said:

Should probably keep political stuff out of these posts as not everyone will agree with your point of view.  That said, I still don't understand how so many people support "Illegal Immigration".  So the fallout is from Trump's stance on "Illegal Immigration".  He fully supports legal immigration.  The analogy would be disregarding a bunch of uninvited people you don't know who just come into your house and stay, versus inviting people that you know personally to come into your house.  90% of the media will try to make you think he is against "immigration" itself, when in fact it is illegal immigration that he is against.

Yes let's save political discussion somewhere else, however I'm still going to talk about my political views here......

• Like 3

On 7/22/2018 at 11:44 PM, Possejdawg said:

Better solution is putting a small switch at vdd to disable to bms. The anti series diodes and mosfets will naturally block the flow of current in the example shown. 

What is mentioned above about bypassing the mosfets would defeat the charge and discharge capability of the bms. I.e. no regenerative braking...

4 hours ago, nte said:

EUC Repair Kit

From earlier in this thread:

Two Ryobi screw drivers:

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/4v-quickturn-screwdriver ($30usd)

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/4v-lithium-screwdriver ($20usd)

http://www.viewtainer.com/Viewtainer-Standard-Series-2-4.html

The 2x4" viewtainer with the slit-top cap is a nice addition. While in an adrenaline fueled haste to disconnect your batteries, simply push each screw into the top as you remove them and it might help prevent an "Oh Fudge" moment. You can also keep the detachable screw driver bits in it.

Reveal hidden contents

Good idea, maybe KingSong should add screwdrivers to all KS18L orders!

Just now, sb3en said:

Good idea, maybe KingSong should add screwdrivers to all KS18L orders!

?

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 11:03 PM, ricqvo said:

I think you can buy a wheel in Europe for a similar price to those listed on eWheels. Eunicycles.eu sells Kingsongs and Inmotios and AFAIK when they ship to Czech Republic they do not have to apply VAT (the prices listed on the site are VAT incl.)

Edited by hal2000

The advice I read was disable the lift sensor. That's all, but I have been avoiding trollying it whilst switched on. Bit of a pain to do but I don't want to be dicking about dismantling the thing by the roadside. 

Edited by nute