!!! Firmware or hardware problems with KS18L, wheels locking up while trolleying

esaj

On 7/5/2018 at 10:50 PM, esaj said:

We've had (at least) seven reports of KS18L locking up (and in fact, heating up after locking) while the wheel has been trolleyed around. If this happens to you, as soon as possible, open the wheel and disconnect the batteries to prevent things from overheating.

Unpinned, since this locking up is no actual problem anymore?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, I have updated the wheel to the newest firmware, and tha wheel is not shaking now. It simply locks up and switches off after several seconds. Still, it happens pretty commonly. I have tried two times, and it locked two times, in shops. The first one several days ago, with a handl retracted. And second time today, with a handle fully inside, not retracted. I was thinking that I would avoid lockup in this situation, but no—locked up all the same. :(

I repeat, it does not matter whether the handle is out while trolleying—the lockup (former shaking) still happened.

2 hours ago, eufp said:

Well, I have updated the wheel to the newest firmware, and tha wheel is not shaking now. It simply locks up and switches off after several seconds. Still, it happens pretty commonly. I have tried two times, and it locked two times, in shops. The first one several days ago, with a handl retracted. And second time today, with a handle fully inside, not retracted. I was thinking that I would avoid lockup in this situation, but no—locked up all the same. :(

I repeat, it does not matter whether the handle is out while trolleying—the lockup (former shaking) still happened.

Contact your dealer if you haven't,  and apprise them of the situation. I don't know what "pretty commonly" means in your specific case, but it sounds to me like you are frustrated. Your dealer should be able to help you. You might just need a new; less frustrating motherboard. 

• Upvote 1