• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's not going to be easy (for a reasonable price). My best bet would be to ask @Jason McNeil (ewheels.com, USA), or maybe you can ask China directly (either Kingsong directly or buy from Aliexpress). Good luck!

Not sure if there are any good Spain-Chile connections that may make it best to buy in EU and have it shipped from there.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

My best bet would be to ask @Jason McNeil (ewheels.com, USA), or maybe you can ask China directly (either Kingsong directly or buy from Aliexpress). Good luck!

On the few occasions we've shipped to Latin America, have always been fraught with trouble. Fedex charge us 2x the price to send to Europe, & in every single case, the local Customs challenge the declared value, which we usually put at our volume wholesale price. Sorry to say it, but to Latin America, if there's no local dealer, AliExpress will probably be your best bet. 

Kingsong try to limit sales on Aliex but there are a host of domestic chinese web sites which do carry them. You need to be good with google translate but you can find what you are looking for. Then try to approach the domestic sellers to see if they will ship to you. Hopefully KS might not have put the squeeze on the domestic sellers.

Try Baidu.com, Taobao.com or 1688.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 7:53 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, that's not going to be easy (for a reasonable price). My best bet would be to ask @Jason McNeil (ewheels.com, USA), or maybe you can ask China directly (either Kingsong directly or buy from Aliexpress). Good luck!

Not sure if there are any good Spain-Chile connections that may make it best to buy in EU and have it shipped from there.

Do not bother asking @Jason McNeil anything, because if you do ask too many questions, he'll refuse to sell you a wheel. I've asked quite a few questions in email in an attempt to know his inventory and some other specific questions, and he told me I'm a "difficult customer" and won't sell to me.

Avoid https://www.ewheels.com, as the seller is not reasonable.

11 minutes ago, Mushuukyou said:

Do not bother asking @Jason McNeil anything, because if you do ask too many questions, he'll refuse to sell you a wheel. I've asked quite a few questions in email in an attempt to know his inventory and some other specific questions, and he told me I'm a "difficult customer" and won't sell to me.

This is pretty strong stuff against someone held in high regard on this forum. Do you have proof of this? I assume so if in email. Please post the transcript. I'm sure Jason will happily post his copy to argue his side. 

3 hours ago, Mushuukyou said:

I can understand that Jason judges you as a difficult customer. After all, his inventory is none of your business and I don't think he would need to tell you or even should. In this forum, Jason has been IMHO quite generous with giving insider information to us. On the other hand, I am not sure I agree with a won't-sell-to-this-guy policy either.

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

This is pretty strong stuff against someone held in high regard on this forum.

We have seen negative customer feedback before. I am also sure that some people may not come forward with their negative experience here, because they know they will get some hard backlash. Just keeping it real, I don't mean to say that Jason isn't a great seller and he is certainly a great asset for our community.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, including us who have had nothing but positive experiences with @Jason McNeil. I've bought multiple wheels from him, and both his pre-sale and post-sale support have been outstanding. Jason has provided parts for warranty repair and has always been prompt and extremely helpful. Jason leads a very small handful of EUC resellers/advocates whose work has helped deliver better and safer wheels to all of us. 

58 minutes ago, Mono said:

We have seen negative customer feedback before. I am also sure that some people may not come forward with their negative experience here, because they know they will get some hard backlash. Just keeping it real, I don't mean to say that Jason isn't a great seller and he is certainly a great asset for our community.

This is why I asked for proof. If the claim is genuine then as this was an email discussion then there should be proof of the allegation. Back to the claim and it will be believed. 

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

This is why I asked for proof. If the claim is genuine then as this was an email discussion then there should be proof of the allegation. Back to the claim and it will be believed. 

I have no idea why you wouldn't believe @Mushuukyou. Why would he (assuming gender by statistical prior probability) make such a post if he were satisfied or had no interaction with the business at all. That is a very unlikely scenario. So in all likelihood he was pissed off by Jason. So what?

EDIT: of course I would also be curious to see the specific interactions, or is it just the voyeur in me...

3 hours ago, Mono said:

I can understand that Jason judges you as a difficult customer. After all, his inventory is none of your business and I don't think he would need to tell you or even should. In this forum, Jason has been IMHO quite generous with giving insider information to us. On the other hand, I am not sure I agree with a won't-sell-to-this-guy policy either.

Asking if a particular item is in stock so I can order it is hardly something that is none of my business. Please don't assume it was something else.

20 minutes ago, Mono said:

I have no idea why you wouldn't believe @Mushuukyou. Why would he (assuming gender by statistical prior probability) make such a post if he were satisfied or had no interaction with the business at all. That is a very unlikely szenario. So in all likelihood he was pissed off by Jason. So what?

I did ask a few questions about a couple of models, like if I can transfer pedals and such as well if I got something, etc. I'm sure he's a busy guy, and he didn't get to all of my questions, but instead of answering the last one about if the MSuper v3s+ is in stock (so I can order it and be done, since he mentioned earlier some gotways aren't in stock, and instead tried to sell me on a ks18s), he blurted out that I was a "difficult" person and won't sell me anything at all, ever.

He said that, in addition, he also went off of someone's opinion of me, who he was with at the time, whom I went on one short ride w/ in Marty's group. That William person, as I recall, said, during the group ride, that I wasn't "looking happy enough", when in fact I'm a reclusive introvert and I'm just not that much of a conversationalist (it took a lot for me to get up the motivation to go on any rides with anyone).. and Jason felt that his input, together with me asking a few more questions than he felt comfortable enough tackling, was enough to write me off and make me feel like I'm some monster customer.

So now that I know I want the MSuper V3s+, I'll have to find another place to get it, and give my poor review for that gentleman's site.

We're at CES, Im tired, so will keep it succinct

• 34 messages exchanged 
  • Asking what our cost was for 'special' discount for him, what I offered wasn't good enough...
  • Guy constantly ask for more pricing concessions, why our price was slightly higher than eBay
  • I suggested that because of the limited time I'm able to offer him he: " 
    I'm sorry but could you order the MSuper V3 from the eBay link you sent me? It might just be easier for everyone at this point, as I suspect it's going to be quite impossible for us to fulfill your expectations"
  • It's obviously the case that when you're an established company some people will use this fact to try to hold you hostage by threatening to leave you a poor review if they don't get what they want

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

We're at CES, Im tired, so will keep it succinct

• 34 messages exchanged 
  • Asking what our cost was for 'special' discount for him, what I offered wasn't good enough...
  • Guy constantly ask for more pricing concessions, why our price was slightly higher than eBay
  • I suggested that because of the limited time I'm able to offer him he: " 
    I'm sorry but could you order the MSuper V3 from the eBay link you sent me? It might just be easier for everyone at this point, as I suspect it's going to be quite impossible for us to fulfill your expectations"
  • It's obviously the case that when you're an established company some people will use this fact to try to hold you hostage by threatening to leave you a poor review if they don't get what they want

I did ask if the prices were firm, yes. I didn't say they weren't "good enough". That's never my attitude.

I did ask about the price in comparison to other places, yes. I didn't "constantly ask" - I'm assuming you're using the word "constantly" to give credit to your argument.

You said nothing about "limited time" you're able to "offer me".

You said:
"From our 23 messages exchange, I have the distinct sense you're going to be a difficult Customer & I just don't have the time do deal with these."

..which was highly inappropriate. I was merely asking if you had MSuper V3s+'s in stock, as it said you had them, although you voiced earlier you might not, so that I could order it and put it under way.

And about the "hostage" thing. Listen buddy, if you're going to go about a business, you should be prepared to answer questions, as some will have more than others, of course. I didn't say I was going to leave a bad review until you became inappropriate. This is NOT how you run a business. 

9 hours ago, Mushuukyou said:

Avoid https://www.ewheels.com, as the seller is not reasonable

Please retract your statement! This is not the venue to cast disparaging comments! Jason is an honorable man with a revered reputation that has contributed immensely to our EUC community! If you are having a conflict with Mr. McNeil try being polite and professional and he will reciprocate.

It's a contradiction to demand the lowest prices and the highest level of patient service. They are mutually exclusive.

Now I would expect most first time buyers to have lots of questions and email exchanges of which only a few result in a sale, that's just the nature of unknown tech, and of course it is the expected right of every buyer to negotiate prices, but should said negotiations go south then I would hope the person not throw a childish temper tantrum. Men do not throw temper tantrums when they don't get their own way, honestly they need to bring back public flogging and canning for overly emotional adults.

Honestly, if you've never been involved in sales for a business you run, you can't appreciate the kind of aggravation that's involved.  I found it shocking to discover how much non-sense you have to sift through, and I had prior sales experience.  I would have lost my mind (entirely) if I hadn't developed a filter in order to economize my time and attention.  You develop a radar to detect when people are serious or not. 

I am sure that I have screened out some potentially serious buyers, but it was necessary because they were lumped in with 100 others that were obvious time-wasters.  Maybe Mushuukyou is one of those few good ones that got filtered out. 

You develop instincts as a seller and, for the most part, I am patient when I can sense that someone is serious; in fact, most times I have a better sense for how serious the buyer is than they do themselves.  If you ask a dumb or unnecessary question, I'll leave you scratching your head about what went wrong, and you may even consciously believe you were serious when you weren't. 

Can you guess whose judgment I'm betting on in this scenario? 

6 hours ago, mezzanine said:

You develop instincts as a seller and, for the most part, I am patient when I can sense that someone is serious; in fact, most times I have a better sense for how serious the buyer is than they do themselves.

I was in retail sales years and years ago (two decades!), when I was an undergraduate and needed the money. Those were the good old days, where you could have a crappy job, make just enough to live and when you got out of school your debt would be <$8000. Most young grads I know are at least $50,000 in debt, it's like they couldn't afford college but they went anyway. Which of course has the terrible cyclic effect of creating scarcity and raising cost.

Filtering out people based on their geographical and social/educational/economic status isn't a bad thing; it just makes good statistical sense. Generalizations based on those factors usually turn out to be correct; the term cliched but true is cliched but true...

Yeah, Jason was super helpful to me when I got started. 

And, from all of my business experience (even when I worked behind the counter at a convenience store while in school), you can refuse business to anyone at anytime for any reason.

Just because you have a business, does not obligate anyone to be helpful in anyway. If you walk into any brick and mortar store and ask a sales rep too many questions, they may even call the police on you to get you out of the store.

Heck, I've even had a job offer retracted because I asked too many questions. That seems unbelievable to me, but that also helped me know I didn't want to work there!

On 1/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Rehab1 said:

Please retract your statement! This is not the venue to cast disparaging comments! Jason is an honorable man with a revered reputation that has contributed immensely to our EUC community! If you are having a conflict with Mr. McNeil try being polite and professional and he will reciprocate.

Apparently not, so no retraction. 

On 1/10/2018 at 6:07 PM, LanghamP said:

It's a contradiction to demand the lowest prices and the highest level of patient service. They are mutually exclusive.

Now I would expect most first time buyers to have lots of questions and email exchanges of which only a few result in a sale, that's just the nature of unknown tech, and of course it is the expected right of every buyer to negotiate prices, but should said negotiations go south then I would hope the person not throw a childish temper tantrum. Men do not throw temper tantrums when they don't get their own way, honestly they need to bring back public flogging and canning for overly emotional adults.

Well, thankfully that wasn't the case here.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:21 AM, mezzanine said:

Honestly, if you've never been involved in sales for a business you run, you can't appreciate the kind of aggravation that's involved.  I found it shocking to discover how much non-sense you have to sift through, and I had prior sales experience.  I would have lost my mind (entirely) if I hadn't developed a filter in order to economize my time and attention.  You develop a radar to detect when people are serious or not. 

I am sure that I have screened out some potentially serious buyers, but it was necessary because they were lumped in with 100 others that were obvious time-wasters.  Maybe Mushuukyou is one of those few good ones that got filtered out. 

You develop instincts as a seller and, for the most part, I am patient when I can sense that someone is serious; in fact, most times I have a better sense for how serious the buyer is than they do themselves.  If you ask a dumb or unnecessary question, I'll leave you scratching your head about what went wrong, and you may even consciously believe you were serious when you weren't. 

Can you guess whose judgment I'm betting on in this scenario? 

I had to get my wheel from a competing site. The guy was very nice and answered my questions. He didn't ask other people about my character to see if I'm liked enough to be a customer. Thus, I now have my new MSuper V3s+ and am very happy.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mushuukyou said:

He didn't ask other people about my character to see if I'm liked enough to be a customer.

To be fair, that you don't know, or do you?

Archived