2018 who is getting what this year......?

yourtoys7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:efee8c29ce: Wonderful dreams, cruelly crushed...:efee8319ab:

Although you joke, there is truth to what you wrote :crying:

I ordered a Tesla last year but the seller never got back to me and since the winter sucks and I still have the mten3 I am not in a hurry. Going to wait now for the Z10 which seems to come out soonish and see what it will be.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, KingSong69 said:

@Marty Backe What is meant here is the Tesla Motor version of the Msuper V3....

This is allready available on ali! No problem...

Does anyone have it yet? I wonder if it is a big upgrade from current Msuper,

@Marty Backe the New Msuper is calling your name!!!!!!!!!!

above all I really hoping for Z10, the fact that its 18" in one of the smallest packages and 4" tire will absorb road much, much better., but New Msuper or Monster could change my mind after couple of good reviews.....

16 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

This upgrade doesn't appeal to me like the ACM upgrade did. I don't need the same snappiness of the ACM and my MSuper is already 1600wh.

I think the next wheel in my future is the 20-inch Gotway.

On 2/11/2018 at 2:30 AM, who_the said:

After all is said and done, the MSuper V3 1600 with the Tesla guts may end up being the best wheel of the year. 

I ordered an MSuper V3s+ with Tesla motor ... it arrives Thursday, 15 Feb 2018!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-upgrade-Gotway-Msuper3S-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest/32832913078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20JZtu

I'll let everyone know how it rides compared to my Tesla.

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-upgrade-Gotway-Msuper3S-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest/32832913078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20JZtu

1 hour ago, Charles McLean said:

Congrats :cheers:

I know this is minor, but I hope it also has the new LED.

When did you order it?

I really am looking for something more portable and light with 25mph and around 30 miles reliably. If IPS can deliver on their S5 in this range I will be right with them. 

InMotion's new V10 is also a mystery in this arena of light and portable with speed, and I really hope they add a little range or ease to add range.

The long range wheels are great for cruising, but for shopping around town and ease of in-store use, the larger EUCs can be as cumbersome as bikes. Sure at Home Depot you can throw it on the big steel dolly and push it around. At the grocery store, it wont fit under the cart and I am not lifting it in and out of the cart, even if I could fit groceries in there. Pet food stores are always tricky. If the dogs arent scared or barking, they are lifting a leg. When I just wanna stop into a cafe for a cup of joe and some sweety treats I dont really want to spend that much time locking it up outside.

that said, it would be great to have a long range wheel that you could take over a 100 miles but wouldnt necessitate a shopping cart if something like the batteries or a fuse brings the riding to a halt. 

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Congrats :cheers:

I know this is minor, but I hope it also has the new LED.

When did you order it?

Thanks!  I ordered it on 08 Feb 2018.  It will arrive tomorrow (16 Feb 2018) ... at least according to UPS Express tracking website.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it shipped and how quickly it is scheduled to arrive.

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Charles McLean please do, would love to know how much of an upgrade it is from current or last model I should say and how it compares to Tesla.

@yourtoys7 I'll definitely let the group know how it compares to the Tesla.

48 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Thanks!  I ordered it on 08 Feb 2018.  It will arrive tomorrow (16 Feb 2018) ... at least according to UPS Express tracking website.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it shipped and how quickly it is scheduled to arrive.

@yourtoys7 I'll definitely let the group know how it compares to the Tesla.

Wow, that's amazingly fast. I hope UPS isn't lying ;)

What color did you get?

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

I really am looking for something more portable and light with 25mph and around 30 miles reliably. If IPS can deliver on their S5 in this range I will be right with them. 

InMotion's new V10 is also a mystery in this arena of light and portable with speed, and I really hope they add a little range or ease to add range.

The long range wheels are great for cruising, but for shopping around town and ease of in-store use, the larger EUCs can be as cumbersome as bikes. Sure at Home Depot you can throw it on the big steel dolly and push it around. At the grocery store, it wont fit under the cart and I am not lifting it in and out of the cart, even if I could fit groceries in there. Pet food stores are always tricky. If the dogs arent scared or barking, they are lifting a leg. When I just wanna stop into a cafe for a cup of joe and some sweety treats I dont really want to spend that much time locking it up outside.

that said, it would be great to have a long range wheel that you could take over a 100 miles but wouldnt necessitate a shopping cart if something like the batteries or a fuse brings the riding to a halt. 

I agree regarding portability for local shopping. When I grab a wheel to travel to a store for something (which I do multiple times a week) I grab the Mten3 or KS14S 95-percent of the time.

Until battery technology takes a leap forward, long range will always equate to a heavy wheel.

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's amazingly fast. I hope UPS isn't lying ;)

What color did you get?

Yeah, it's crazy fast!  Hopefully, UPS tracking info stays on track.  I got black.  I like the rubberized black matte finish, so hopefully that is what shows up.  

1 hour ago, Charles McLean said:

Yeah, it's crazy fast!  Hopefully, UPS tracking info stays on track.  I got black.  I like the rubberized black matte finish, so hopefully that is what shows up.  

For any others who read this, my blue ACM2 also has the rubberized plastic finish just like the original ACM. So it looks like picking colors does not affect the type of plastic used.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Until battery technology takes a leap forward, long range will always equate to a heavy wheel.

The problem seems to be that once you put a bunch of 18650 in series to get high voltages you end up needing to parallel a few to have an acceptable internal resistance so the voltage slump won't be too bad. So we end up with a ton of cells again, which leads us back to big heavy battery packs. Plus we're losing all the space used between packed cylindrical batteries. So maybe we need a new form factor other than 18650 to fix this. It's just hard to overcome a popular form factor, even the Tesla cars use it.

15 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

arrives Thursday, 15 Feb 2018!

Hmmmh,

where is it now? If this is only an "probably" estimation from UPS then i would not give anything to it.

Normally the packages from China need their time...about 2 weeks minimum.

I mean, i will be happy for you if it goes that fast....but i doubt it.

I bought that Black ACM that was for sale on here . Waiting for it to ship . Also getting an 18s and msuper . And an 18L or z10 when the time comes . Plus I did just get my 14D so pretty eventful 2018 for me and EUC. ? I want an mten too. But that will need to wait . Lol

46 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Hmmmh,

where is it now? If this is only an "probably" estimation from UPS then i would not give anything to it.

Normally the packages from China need their time...about 2 weeks minimum.

I mean, i will be happy for you if it goes that fast....but i doubt it.

Yeah, I was really surprised by the short shipping time as well and figured it would be a few weeks from the time it shipped to get to my door.  But, UPS says scheduled delivery tomorrow, 15 Feb 2018 and UPS said to confirm a 2 hour delivery window.  But, I'd be shocked if it actually got here tomorrow.  We shall see.  In the end, it will get here when it gets here ... LOL.

8 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I bought that Black ACM that was for sale on here . Waiting for it to ship . Also getting an 18s and msuper . And an 18L or z10 when the time comes . Plus I did just get my 14D so pretty eventful 2018 for me and EUC. ? I want an mten too. But that will need to wait . Lol

Holy bejeezus ... you just listed off like a million wheels you plan to get!  Good luck!!!

14 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

If you get an 18S and an MSuper I sure would be curious to hear your comparison.  I know a few people have compared them like Marty, but always curious to hear new opinions........I was torn between msuper v3 and 18S, went with the KingSong, I sure would like to try msuper myself some day.

39 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

The Mten3 should have been the first 'extra' wheel that you got - it's that fun!

56 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

You forgot the OneWheel, bro.

Archived