2018 who is getting what this year......?

yourtoys7

I have been upgrading every 6-9 months roughly, now looking either tesla or ninebot z10 (hoping to for z10 to be honest). I wanted msuper initially but thinking more about it, the 18" provides enough absorption/ stability as you ride and flexibility to transport around.

Very curious to see whos getting one as an additional wheel or replacing one.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me,  Z10 for sure (sold my Dualtron Man in preparation), but might be a toss up for KS18L or V10.

Later in 2018 (I'm assuming) might be the new 20" Gotway as a replacement for my Monster (provided this new model/sizing has a seat) or, better, the next v2 Monster (or maybe even a surprise 20"+ from a competitor .... *wishful thinking* *fingers crossed*).

I'm definitely on the Z10 list - hopefully in the first couple months when available. I also plan to pick up a second E+ at a discount for loaner and back-up, and for my delayed frankenbot project. In third place and playfunds permitting, I am keeping an eye out for the Rockwheel GT16 v3 or whatever succeeds it. I still like its style, and hope Rockwheel adds an integrated handle and beefs up the specs to match the Tesla.

I would like to try KingSong or Gotway one day, but as yet haven't found a model that I must have. The Tesla certainly performs well, and the KS14 and 16 models are compelling, but none of them are must-haves.

24 minutes ago, who_the said:

After all is said and done, the MSuper V3 1600 with the Tesla guts may end up being the best wheel of the year. 

If it's like my new ACM2, buy it :D

41 minutes ago, who_the said:

After all is said and done, the MSuper V3 1600 with the Tesla guts may end up being the best wheel of the year. 

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If it's like my new ACM2, buy it :D

I have to agree that a Msuper with Tesla style pedal hardness and firmware is very interesting...i think about buying one, too.

But as i have seen on Martys ACM that they seam to use the exact same board/Mosfets as before and just done a crappy fan installation, i will wait a bit for more long time experience of other users. Just to see if the hardware/board/mosfets can deal with the new firmware in all situations.

13 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I have to agree that a Msuper with Tesla style pedal hardness and firmware is very interesting...i think about buying one, too.

But as i have seen on Martys ACM that they seam to use the exact same board/Mosfets as before and just done a crappy fan installation, i will wait a bit for more long time experience of other users. Just to see if the hardware/board/mosfets can deal with the new firmware in all situations.

I understand your caution. My confidence is building with this ACM2. Today I completed a 50-mile group ride ending with 25% battery :thumbup:

4 hours ago, who_the said:

What - not the Pulse Glider - I thought that was absolutely years ahead of any other wheel?

13 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

after watching @Marty Backe video of his new ACM V2, something inside me calling for it a little, lol

That was just the Taco Bell burrito from lunch.

I definitely want to upgrade from my KS14C and I still have my Firewheel although i rarely ride it. I think a slightly larger wheel is going to be the best all-around choice. Maybe I'll go Gotway with an ACM2, I like that it's more compact than the Tesla. I'm not in a hurry though so I want to see what the Z10 looks like as well. I just need to wait for Marty the crash test dummy to try them all out.

I want a lighter wheel that can go fast and far and has an eye on portability as well as a big tired wheel. So I am hoping that the companies can shovel a ton of product at us this year. I am excited about the IPS S5 and what they think Performance is in 2018. InMotion will hopefully be rounding out my choices in that category, but they could surprise me with a fat tire 18".

For a bigger wheel, I am looking for something that has range and comfort for long distance riding. Something as at home on the trails as it is on the roads. Not too heavy that it is unweildy but not too light that it gets bounced around too easily. Ninebot, Gotway, Kingsong I will be looking at what comes out this year. I am not a wheel hopper or String collector owner. I have an idea of what I want to ride now that I have ridden almost all of the major models out there. I am hoping that these companies do too, and that this year will be full of choices! :clap3:

14 minutes ago, koto said:

I have no plan for buying a new wheel this year. Anyway I'm very curious about the new version of Msuper 3 (2000W) and ninebot one Z10

???

I have preordered the Z10, don’t yet have a delivery date but have to say I’m excited. I don’t, as yet, have confirmation on the trolley handle (if it will be included or not, but I suspect not)... or a delivery date but they have mentioned a month or so...

I’m also intrigued by what Inmotion are going to come up with...I love my V8 so much that I have faith they will produce another great product. 

55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

???

A guy here in France have read in chinese forum or similar someone saying that a 2000W msuper3 is to come. Another guy wrote that on aliexpress web site he could read that msuper3s+ delivered from March 2018 will come with 2000W motor and pedal height (from the ground) of 16cm

12 hours ago, koto said:

A guy here in France have read in chinese forum or similar someone saying that a 2000W msuper3 is to come. Another guy wrote that on aliexpress web site he could read that msuper3s+ delivered from March 2018 will come with 2000W motor and pedal height (from the ground) of 16cm

@Marty Backe What is meant here is the Tesla Motor version of the Msuper V3....

This is allready available on ali! No problem...

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Marty Backe What is meant here is the Tesla Motor version of the Msuper V3....

This is allready available on ali! No problem...

This was my mistake. I misread the post and thought he was referring to 2000wh - the battery size.

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

Uh oh, I foresee @Marty Backe putting another one of his older Gotways for sale in about 2 weeks... :)

I'm actually quite happy with the MSuper and don't feel that the wheel needs a firmer ride or more power (for me). I suspect the MSuper will become one of my long-term wheels.

The next wheel that I could potentially sell and upgrade would be the Monster, if Gotway releases a 20-inch wheel.

Archived