MSuper V3s+ 1600Wh or Tesla?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

Having only ridden a V8 with no option to adjust the pedal firmness I find this talk of soft modes most intreaguing. The V8 pedals seem to have absolutely zero movement in them when riding. I find the concept of anything else a little mystifying and unimaginable!

I now actually enjoy switching the modes based on how I'm riding. If I'm going for a casual cruise I like the very soft mode. It feels like riding in a car with shocks that need replacing, if you've ever experienced that. It actually makes for a more comfortable ride - just feels like you're in a big luxury car verses a small sporty car.

You need to experience it some day :D

8 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Ordered the Tesla 1020Wh after testing an Msuper

Good choice...

Actually the Tesla is also with rockhard pedal setting and did not have that 2-3 cm play that my V3 had!

Consens on all critics i have read so far is that it is the strongest and most agile 16inch on the market, and from my short experience until now i can only agree...

And...its not that expensive :-) 

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Ordered the Tesla 1020Wh after testing an Msuper

Congratulations! When will you get it? 

Just one more thing I should mention. The MSuper feels pretty awkward when you ride it for the first time, especially, when you are used to 16" wheels. It took me over a week to get used to this higher point of gravity and the slightly different muscles groups that are used to handle it. But once you got used to it, it feels rock solid like a sporty SUV, especially at higher speeds. I will still do a comparison once I got my Tesla. Can't wait! ?

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I now actually enjoy switching the modes based on how I'm riding. If I'm going for a casual cruise I like the very soft mode. It feels like riding in a car with shocks that need replacing, if you've ever experienced that. It actually makes for a more comfortable ride - just feels like you're in a big luxury car verses a small sporty car.

You need to experience it some day :D

Same here. I switch modes also quite often. The soft mode feels exactly as you described it. It's great fun for slow pleasure rides and uses different muscle groups, more the upper body. But for precise speedy rides the power mode rules.

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Congratulations! When will you get it? 

3 weeks

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Just one more thing I should mention. The MSuper feels pretty awkward when you ride it for the first time, especially, when you are used to 16" wheels.

That was ok I must say.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:43 AM, Smoother said:

Welcome @enGate. Talk about making an entrance.  As far as I know, your the only "shoulder planter" here.  Most of us just plant our faces; they're not as useful as shoulders.

your broken shoulder deserves a write up. what did you learn, etc. Pictures?

I just did it. I just couldn't ignore this issue after today's crash.

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just change the country to China. If it does not work then, guess you'll need a Chinese VPN.

Not sure if the old Gotway app works with the Tesla.

I would bet dollars to donuts that it does.

Or use WheelLog. Except for calibration it does everything now.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:53 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Bob Eisenman had a really nasty shoulder injury due to some unexpected bumps while on his Ninebot. Probably the worst shoulder injury (or injury alltogether) I've heard of here.

At my age (and weight) the shoulder and it's connected parts doesn't have the resiliency of a major league football player being taken down with the ball. The 'shoulder' isn't like a bone which makes new bone at the fracture site and fixes itself (strong). The upper arm bone has a rounded part that fits into a cavity in the shoulder blade. What holds the shoulder in place, what causes the arm/shoulder to rotate into various positions , is a group of muscles which attach to a 'cuff' at the junction of the rounded part of the upper arm plus some structures on the shoulder blade itself. If the 'cuff' has tears where the muscles attach you have inflammation/ swelling and motion associated pain. If the healed cuff doesn't perfectly resemble how it was attached before being torn out of place then restricted motion or discomfort results. Someone told me that the shoulder sort of floats in place while being held in place or while being moved by the attached muscles of the rotator cuff.

Sometimes when I hit an unexpected bump the down -up motion in the formerly injured tendon atop the shoulder socket produces a temporary feeling of discomfort. For me it is an incentive to not go too fast and to carefully watch where I'm going. For others it might be a reason to take up swimming instead if riding an EUC. Running off the EUC is really not an option for old legs which go passive (in the walking sense) while riding despite being actively called upon to shift ones weight above the bot.

Breaking a bone causes blood forming tissue in the bone and surrounding damaged muscle capillaries to leak blood which makes the site of injury look visibly horrible at the surface after a few days. The leaked reddish purple blood (hemoglobin) is now outside of the circulatory system  and takes time to clear (and be degraded) from the site of the injury as the first month of healing and the process of building new bone and connective tissue begins. After a few weeks the skin discoloration goes away. At about that time  physical rehab can start.

After the healing starts the old affected muscles /tendons might atrophy (from lack of former use) or the newly altered geometry of a healed shoulder (parts)  needs therapy to build strength which takes months of effort.

Hummm....did I say all this stuff about the shoulder correctly.... ?

14 hours ago, diegoxxx said:

hello if anyone knows how to register motor in gotway tesla app, problem only chinese i need to get the registration code

Screenshot_2017-11-08-17-42-39.png

I got the same problem with my Tesla on day-1. Seller said server down. Tried it next day. Luckily it worked.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:43 AM, Smoother said:

Welcome @enGate. Talk about making an entrance.  As far as I know, your the only "shoulder planter" here.  Most of us just plant our faces; they're not as useful as shoulders.

your broken shoulder deserves a write up. what did you learn, etc. Pictures?

I have a shoulder plate. Msuper2 axle loosening caused the accident

On 9. November 2017 at 4:26 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Just change the country to China. If it does not work then, guess you'll need a Chinese VPN.

Not sure if the old Gotway app works with the Tesla.

I use the old app, since the new one on my iPhone does not work so far. The older app which I kept on my iPad Mini and use now until I get the update to work also works with my Tesla.

Just for clarification: you mean the old, 1.0, non-social, non-login Gotway app? I assume it exists on iOS similar to the Android version.

Or just an older (not the latest update) version of the 2.0, social, login-needed app?

By old I meant the 1.0 (Android) app. But since it was replaced long before the Tesla existed (end of 2016), I don't expect it to work with the Tesla.

31 minutes ago, Cannings said:

I just ordered my Tesla from aliexpress, pretty excited as it'll be my first euc

Welcome.

Three questions:

how much? ( if it's not a rude question)

where will you be riding.

when is it arriving?

congratulations.

I ordered the biggest battery size for £1100 pretty much delivered,

My plan is to commute to work with it, its about 3 miles along a cycle path next to a dual carriage way.

Aliexpress says 7-14 days so now I have to wait :( but i did just order some knee pads and some adhesive foam as this being my first euc I can imagine its gonna take a bit of learning.

7 minutes ago, Cannings said:

I ordered the biggest battery size for £1100 pretty much delivered,

My plan is to commute to work with it, its about 3 miles along a cycle path next to a dual carriage way.

Aliexpress says 7-14 days so now I have to wait :( but i did just order some knee pads and some adhesive foam as this being my first euc I can imagine its gonna take a bit of learning.

Wow! That sounds like a good price.

By where, I meant where do you live? ( ambiguous question, it agree)

WRIST GUARDS my boy.  When you go down your hands automatically shoot out to brace you.  It takes nothing to mess up your palms and wrists, and days or weeks to heal.  I can't recommend the "ninja" "par cor" tuck and roll for two reasons:

1. EUC offs, are completely out of the blue and often at supernatural speeds ( faster than a run).  There's no time to think of a reaction,, and running off at speed is often injurious to knees and ankles, AND THEN you face plant anyway!  just the reflex of outstretched arms, can be relied on.  Unless you've got your hands in your pockets (DONT DO THAT, EVER!)

2. An unsuccessful or incomplete roll could result in serious shoulder damage, and possible life long consequences ( see recent posts on shoulder injuries by multiple posters) better to actually plant your face ( only one moving part, chin,), although ones face rarely kisses the dirt.  Only once so far for me.

No. Better to "spread eagle" it and protect those palms/ wrists.

elbow pads too.  FYI the one piece I don't wear anymore ( PITA) is knee pads, but they got plenty of action during training. I Use a motor cycle jacket with integral elbow and knee pads, mostly.

Oh sorry, i'm in cheshire in the uk.

Thanks for the tips, I used to have some wristguards from my snowboarding days but think they are long gone so i'll pick some up and elbow guards, my plan was to have them under my old snowboarding gear while its freezing balls outside, put on my salopets and thick snowboarding jacket over work clothes.

Just be aware that with your pads "under " your clothing, your clothing will get damaged as your pads are protecting you inside.  Don't wear anything outside your pads that you don't mind being ruined, during training.

i have a dress-ish leather jacket with a scuffed front and elbows after a particularly large face plant last summer.  Bummed me out.

Yeah these are around 10 yr old snowboarding bits should be okay, but appreciate the warning, bit worried about having any high speed crashes as the tesla has such a high speed potential but I'm assuming I can just cap the top speed while i'm learning?

Archived