MSuper V3s+ 1600Wh or Tesla?

51 minutes ago, Cannings said:

... l but I'm assuming I can just cap the top speed while i'm learning?

Set tiltback at the desired speed. You'll only be able to go max. 3 more kph than set speed coz tiltback will become extreme if exceed speed limit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cannings said:

... being my first euc I can imagine its gonna take a bit of learning.

Being 1st EUC + Learning, I advise either sticking some bumper stripes around your new Tesla or risk getting scratches & cracks.

For me, I've done my learning on my old X3-clone wheel. So I seldom fall. Still, I wrap my Tesla in either the V8's OEM or 3rd-party transparent cover ... to safeguard from too many scratches.

Tesla in V8 OEM cover.jpg

Tesla in V8 transparent cover.jpg

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

Wow! That sounds like a good price.

By where, I meant where do you live? ( ambiguous question, it agree)

WRIST GUARDS my boy.  When you go down your hands automatically shoot out to brace you.  It takes nothing to mess up your palms and wrists, and days or weeks to heal.  I can't recommend the "ninja" "par cor" tuck and roll for two reasons:

1. EUC offs, are completely out of the blue and often at supernatural speeds ( faster than a run).  There's no time to think of a reaction,, and running off at speed is often injurious to knees and ankles, AND THEN you face plant anyway!  just the reflex of outstretched arms, can be relied on.  Unless you've got your hands in your pockets (DONT DO THAT, EVER!)

2. An unsuccessful or incomplete roll could result in serious shoulder damage, and possible life long consequences ( see recent posts on shoulder injuries by multiple posters) better to actually plant your face ( only one moving part, chin,), although ones face rarely kisses the dirt.  Only once so far for me.

No. Better to "spread eagle" it and protect those palms/ wrists.

elbow pads too.  FYI the one piece I don't wear anymore ( PITA) is knee pads, but they got plenty of action during training. I Use a motor cycle jacket with integral elbow and knee pads, mostly.

I wonder which model. That's really good if it's the 84-volt high capacity version. Based on his 3-mile commute he might have chosen the lowest capacity model. Either way a good machine.

I got the 1020WH Battery model, the aliexpress doesn't say which volt it is tho :(

These were the details:

motor:2000W 
battery:425WH/850WH/1020WH
battert life:60-80km
battery model:NCR18650PF/NCR18650GA
max speed:55km/h+
No load speed: 68km/h
max load:120kg
max slope:25°(90kg test)
weight:about 19kg
Pedal ground height:15cm
wheel:16inch
Body size:420mm*200*563mm
Speed alarm: 1 level alarm, 30km/h, two alarm, 35km/h, three alarm, 80% power alarm.

4 hours ago, Cannings said:

Yeah these are around 10 yr old snowboarding bits should be okay, but appreciate the warning, bit worried about having any high speed crashes as the tesla has such a high speed potential but I'm assuming I can just cap the top speed while i'm learning?

Cap speed? Yes , but ask HotWay riders what happens if you hit one of these lower limits, cos I don't know.  Not even sure what happens on a KingPong.  Probably violent tilt back.  Not willing to test it.

Archived