Peoples responses

craio

So after riding my EUC for about a week i'm starting to get time to listen instead of focusing on keeping the distance to the ground the same...

I was wondering, how did people that saw you on your EUC respond (besides the usual long stares and the 'cool' from mostly little kids)? My most memorable so far 

• Mom to kids that were about to cross my path: "Watch out for the..." (nothing came after the 'the')
  • Kid to dad: "whats that?" response:"a device for people who are to lazy to pedal"
  • Move way more out of the way then necessary

- Instead of going out of the way, just freeze and stare with mouth open ... (and I couldn't go around since she was next to a pole I needed to pass ...)

- Cars honking (not because I was in their path)

- Cars slowing down to have a look

- Truck drivers giving me thumbs up

- "Wow I need one of those!"

But mostly people smile when they see it. Is it because of "that's nice" of "LOL look at that idiot", I don't know :P 

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Nobody realises this is not a toy. The look on their face when I tell them it goes 25km/h and I do 30km rides on it..

I remember a few months ago as I rode by, a woman asked if I lived in this neighborhood. I told her no, and explained where I live (about 2 miles away). She was amazed that a EUC could travel that far!

About an hour ago I had an SUV slow down and halt, ask me what wheel that was. I tell him it's a Kingsong, he rolls it back and forth, then hops on it, rides one-legged, some backwards riding too.

That's probably not a typical response.

Some of my favorites:

• "Did you make that?"
  • "Look, they're aliens!"
  • "Witchcraft!"

Least favorite:

• "Lazy"
  • "Do those come with tampons?"
  • "Hoverboard anything blah blah blah"

Also interesting how many people say "Segway." For a company that barely moved any merchandise, their brand awareness by the public remains impressive.

2 hours ago, who_the said:

Also interesting how many people say "Segway." For a company that barely moved any merchandise, their brand awareness by the public remains impressive.

Indeed! Everyone knows what a Segway is.

I also get the "hoverboard" (or something that sounds like it, french speaking people and english terms don't usually mix up well. Most of the time it is "overbord" or sth like that :D ) term coined a lot. Even when they actually see the wheel! "Oh it's a hoverboard!"

Yeah, you can clearly see the "board" ...

I've already shared this with the forum before but anyway:

Was walking my V5f+ using the handle (picture that image in your head) and I saw some guy quickly approaching me excitedly. Obviously I always get people coming to ask about it but something about this guy seemed different. He seemed TOO excited.

Anyway he comes up and points at the wheel and asks if he can ask me about it. I say 'sure.'

He then leans in, eyes wide, and half-whispers to me: "is that........is that a ROBOT DOG??!"

(when I told him what it actually was he seemed disappointed and interest dropped dramatically)  ?

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

He then leans in, eyes wide, and half-whispers to me: "is that........is that a ROBOT DOG??

A robot dog?? SMH LOL, some people say the stupidest thing, I woulda told him "no it's a mini spaceship" what I get alot is "is that one of those foldable bicycles?" 

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

I've already shared this with the forum before but anyway:

Was walking my V5f+ using the handle (picture that image in your head) and I saw some guy quickly approaching me excitedly. Obviously I always get people coming to ask about it but something about this guy seemed different. He seemed TOO excited.

Anyway he comes up and points at the wheel and asks if he can ask me about it. I say 'sure.'

He then leans in, eyes wide, and half-whispers to me: "is that........is that a ROBOT DOG??!"

(when I told him what it actually was he seemed disappointed and interest dropped dramatically)  ?

Maybe you should ask these two to join you: :)

1 minute ago, Shabba said:

A robot dog?? SMH LOL, some people say the stupidest thing, I woulda told him "no it's a mini spaceship" what I get alot is "is that one of those foldable bicycles?" 

Be careful about robot dogs, or lets say, robots with 4 legs.

Boston Dynamics build such types, and people will possibly not laugh if they run after them carrying a machine gun:

19 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Lol

Well....at the risk of being accused of propagating cultural stereotypes, he WAS Japanese. I've never been to Tokyo but I wouldn't be surprised if 'robot dogs' are a genuine 'thing' in some way, shape or form. It all seems pretty surreal and crazy over there!

10 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Be careful about robot dogs, or lets say, robots with 4 legs.

Boston Dynamics build such types, and people will possibly not laugh if they run after them carrying a machine gun:

And not only that, also 2 legged robots are a lot further than some might think. Of course, because most of robot developments are military secrets.

Give them 3 years more, and add AI connectivity to the following, and then I'm not sure if that will be good or bad for mankind:

3 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Lol

Well....at the risk of being accused of propagating cultural stereotypes, he WAS Japanese. I've never been to Tokyo but I wouldn't be surprised if 'robot dogs' are a genuine 'thing' in some way, shape or form. It all seems pretty surreal and crazy over there!

I wonder what he woulda said if you woulda told him "YES, YES IT IS" am guessing his questions woulda got more and more rediculous by the minute

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

A robot dog?? SMH LOL, some people say the stupidest thing,

But......... Doesn't everyone have a robot dog these days?

IMG_0347.JPG

Trouble is that it's bark is worst than its byte!

8 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

And not only that, also 2 legged robots are a lot further than some might think. Of course, because most of robot developments are military secrets.

Give them 3 years more, and add AI connectivity to the following, and then I'm not sure if that will be good or bad for mankind:

Especially when you taunt them using a hockey stick and push them over with a tube.  :rolleyes:  It's only a matter of time until they figure out how to deal with us.  :innocent1:

Then there will be only one who can save us all..,. :w00t2:

809172_testrobot2.jpg

lololololololololol...

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Especially when you taunt them using a hockey stick and push them over with a tube.  :rolleyes:  It's only a matter of time until they figure out how to deal with us.  :innocent1:

Then there will be only one who can save us all..,. :w00t2:

809172_testrobot2.jpg

Very nice... lololol

Archived