63 old guinea pig

novazeus

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i agree. segway should make a training video using actual beginner girls.

This guy filmed himself learning for real.  He had to hold on to his car to take off, many attempts he steps off and pushed it back to the car because he couldn't step on and go yet.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2017 at 12:45 PM, LanghamP said:

Most people's learning experience will look like this. 

Or like this.

Grass worked for me.  I did some riding on asphalt when I was first learning, but that stuff is pretty unforgiving.  I think I had better luck developing basic skills by riding on grass.  It was more challenging with the surface irregularities.  But it saved a lot of wear and tear on my starter wheel and my body parts.  

7 hours ago, radial said:

Or like this.

Grass worked for me.  I did some riding on asphalt when I was first learning, but that stuff is pretty unforgiving.  I think I had better luck developing basic skills by riding on grass.  It was more challenging with the surface irregularities.  But it saved a lot of wear and tear on my starter wheel and my body parts.  

yeah too bad i’m still not house sitting my mother’s old house on the 16th hole of temple terrace g&cc. the fairway would be perfect for me and my gfs learning. u don’t know what u got until it’s gone. went to the dog park with Bob today and the weather is really cold for florida so this coming week should be perfect using their ballfields during the week. 

for $70 delivered, pretty darn nice. it can hold me doing dips on the hand grips and i’m almost 200 pounds now.

don’t think Bob will ride in the seat but the seat is comfy. came late today so tmrw i’ll give it a spin with the 9bot and ks-16s. 

9223018B-2D7D-49CB-B690-96D35B16A747.jpeg

14 hours ago, novazeus said:

for $70 delivered, pretty darn nice. it can hold me doing dips on the hand grips and i’m almost 200 pounds now.

don’t think Bob will ride in the seat but the seat is comfy. came late today so tmrw i’ll give it a spin with the 9bot and ks-16s. 

9223018B-2D7D-49CB-B690-96D35B16A747.jpeg

What about this instead?

Thule Urban Glide - Jogging Stroller- Dark Shadow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNTHISK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_73-lAbHRD2WVF

You could put Bob in there, and this Thule has pneumatic wheels and suspension that allow great speed and comfort. 

7 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

What about this instead?

Thule Urban Glide - Jogging Stroller- Dark Shadow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNTHISK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_73-lAbHRD2WVF

You could put Bob in there, and this Thule has pneumatic wheels and suspension that allow great speed and comfort. 

might work. idk if the handles are weight bearing. plus this drive rollator is only $70. i have a last minute gf lunch and then a couple of errands, so i’ll give it a try this afternoon. i’m still euc virginal so i should get a good feel how this would be starting out. this rollator is light, like ten pounds.

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

might work. idk if the handles are weight bearing. plus this drive rollator is only $70. i have a last minute gf lunch and then a couple of errands, so i’ll give it a try this afternoon. i’m still euc virginal so i should get a good feel how this would be starting out. this rollator is light, like ten pounds.

Be advised the tiny wheels won't safely allow a high enough speed for the gyroscopic forces to come into play for you to balance, and those wheels are more likely to foul on something. If they do foul then you have no place to go except high and over the top.

We seriously can't get someone down to Florida for a first lesson for him? @Hunka Hunka Burning Love you could go down there, teach him, and shake hands and exchange bodily fluids with his friends.

:w00t2: Indeed I do happen to provide holistic natural fertilization services at a very reasonable cost!  A souvenir take-home video of the entire process is complimentary in the package price.  For efficiency I am able to HNF several women at the same time to help keep costs low for prospective clients.  :whistling:  Why deal with amateurs like this guy when you can hire a professional gun?  Satisfaction guaranteed or free re-HNF services provided at no cost to the client!

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: Indeed I do happen to provide holistic natural fertilization services at a very reasonable cost!  A souvenir take-home video of the entire process is complimentary in the package price.  For efficiency I am able to HNF several women at the same time to help keep costs low for prospective clients.  :whistling:  Why deal with amateurs like this guy when you can hire a professional gun?  Satisfaction guaranteed or free re-HNF services provided at no cost to the client!

is weed legal in canada yet?

u might do good down here if u brought party favors.

B0AB5F05-399C-45B6-8CF7-679116F2687D.jpeg

finally popped my cherry today. dragging the ks-16s over my compound wall while still in the pelican case was a workout in itself. the ks-16s had discharged down to 80% which seems about right considering how long it has been since full charge and just monkeying around with it. pumped the 9bot up to it’s max pressure of 50psi and the ks-16s only to 60 psi because my little compressor only goes to 50 and had to hand pump it with my harley air suspension pump the rest of the way. big difference in feel between 40 and 50 on the 9bot. the ks16s hadn’t been pumped up at all from being at 25psi on delivery so it feels like a knife edge now at 60. i really didn’t need all the protective gear today for inside the rails but i did go outside to check out the rollator, and that got squirrelly a couple of times, so i guess i did. never used all this stuff before, just wrist guards from a hundred years ago a couple of times learning inline skating. the rollator would be better i think if it were the bariatric 500 pounder tall one, like i was gonna get originally. not sure if it does anything to help u learn tho. i went 50 yards or so down my drivway with it and even turned around in my 12’ driveway with it and came back, stopped and stepped off still holding the wheel. no strap and i did lose my balance with the ks-16s once in the rails trying to do hands free but i’ve managed to hold the wheel upright with my foot that was still on it. i figure that’s good. probably cause i’m so cheap, don’t wanna hurt it. cheapo helmet is too tight and by the time i got all set up, i was already sweating inside my harley jacket. tmrw i should be quicker getting going. my best friend was extremely worried about me and moaning warnings the whole time. now gotta go feed the cows. not much daylights these days. 57 degrees now which is cold for me but with all this protection, in florida, u need it cold to do this.

i thought it would be otherwise but the 9bot 14” wheel seems easier than the ks-16s. i’ve got the pedals in cycling mode which seems softer than the 9bot pedals.

6DFE5B1B-8234-45C1-87CA-C8557E6D87D3.jpeg

C10649E2-AD4A-4522-B030-D99246DE6C91.jpeg

EE1773AA-2E2A-4DB7-A63B-1DB86CDD905A.jpeg

ya, this is what u called being prepared. already got my rolling walker in case wheel training goes badly. i don’t think i look that fat but i’m almost 200 pounds. with everything on, probably 220, so i’m at the upper limits for the 9bot. best wheel for the girls i’m sure. 

6FDE516C-9C16-4369-BA07-2BA43070EECC.png

23 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Weed is legal in America. I buy it all the time. 

ain’t legal here in florida but from the prices i’ve seen, better deals to be had illegally in florida for flowers. i don’t really trust anybody else making cancer medicine for me. i’m weird that way, too big of a gamble.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:09 PM, novazeus said:

is weed legal in canada yet?

u might do good down here if u brought party favors.

Apparently the wise Canadian government is going to make it legal to be able to make some bucks on taxing it.  I've heard studies in places where it was legalized, but the issues associated with the drug made it not a good choice.  It should be interesting how things turn out.  I don't have any experience with it either way, but I think anything that may impair the brain's normal functions while driving or operating heavy machinery might not be the best idea?  I dunno.

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Apparently the wise Canadian government is going to make it legal to be able to make some bucks on taxing it.  I've heard studies in places where it was legalized, but the issues associated with the drug made it not a good choice.  It should be interesting how things turn out.  I don't have any experience with it either way, but I think anything that may impair the brain's normal functions while driving or operating heavy machinery might not be the best idea?  I dunno.

no, operating a car on any drug, including the number one drug responsible for more drug deaths times ten of all the illegal drugs combined, alcohol, should be avoided. obviously since i’m still alive and not following doctor’s orders or even seeing any doctors, especially after they told me i had 3 months to live in 2014,  if u have prostate cancer, it will keep it at bay. cannabis oil, not cbd oil, all these charlatans online try to confuse the two so they can sell u snake oil that doesn’t kill cancer. there is no debate that delta 9 thc kills cancer. just google cannabis oil and then whatever ailment u have. but no, while medicating, u won’t be driving or riding a euc either. stairs can be very challenging. takes a strong medicine to kill cancer. 

55 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

60 psi is too high for a 200 pound man. 

Try 43 for both the S1 and the KS16. 

yeah but technically, the tire’s load capacity is only 154 pounds at 65psi. i know having that hard makes learning more difficult but i’m gonna keep trying at high pressure until i get too frustrated. it will leak down in this cold weather i’m sure, so i’ll think i’m getting better but in reality probably just losing tire pressure.  it is amazing how a few psi affects ur balance tho.

Good job!  Stick with the rails for a while.  When I was first learning, I used the hallway in my house to go from the foyer to the kitchen and back.  Very similar to your setup in that I was never that far away from something to grab on either side.  My progression: hallway, grass, asphalt basketball court with poles for support at the beginning and ending points of each run, riding free on paths and streets.

4 minutes ago, radial said:

Good job!  Stick with the rails for a while.  When I was first learning, I used the hallway in my house to go from the foyer to the kitchen and back.  Very similar to your setup in that I was never that far away from something to grab on either side.  My progression: hallway, grass, asphalt basketball court with poles for support at the beginning and ending points of each run, riding free on paths and streets.

yeah the 2x4’s stretched between the sawhorses are actually pretty cool because at 39” which is about right for gliding my hands in gloves hovering over the boards, is also good for my hip bones bouncing off them when hands free. so u can hold ur hands up and if u get wobbly, instead of grabbing the 2x4 ur hip bounces off one side or the other. kinda like human pinball.  very boring, but just like practicing anything, like guitar chords, u gotta start somewhere. if i can go back and forth just 15’ without touching the 2x4’s and mount the wheel, i’ll bet i’ll be good to go. i’m sure it’s gonna test my boredom/patience meter. but it’s gonna save ne time because i don’t need to suit up between the rails. i’m hoping this works because i don’t think u can get hurt between the rails and i might wanna let a girl try it. 

2nd little session finally today. no protection but only practiced in the rails. if u make a game out of it by seeing if u can make it just 14’ without touching, is pretty hard. probably hard for an experience rider. to mount and thread the needle, like 6” clearance at the hipbones. i like the rails for now because it allows me to feel the new 9bot1e+ without padding it. i think it’s a more rugged, more expensive wheel and at $360 probably the best all round wheel for my purposes. i still think the 9bot1s2 has the lowest cog feeling and sb the easiest to learn on. with 5 wheels now, i have plenty to be entertained with. i cancelled my order with kiwano k01. they kept having production problems and last time i looked, they were talking about a mid january delivery. i had to file a credit card dispute with chase because they didn’t wanna give me my money back. not very smart business people, imho. got molassees delivered today so that should free up some time. all wheels charged nicely and tires pumped up well. gonna leave the 9bot1s1 in the box. no use playing with it now. i have the 9bot1s1 pads for it and some bumper stuff that i can decorate it for later. might be some time before the ks-18s looks appetizing, so i’m gonna just play with the 9bot1s2, 9bot1e + and the ks-16s wheels for now. one of those have to be the best learning wheel. think u could do the rails without touching?

C8182784-A488-4BCE-A514-1A5003C67033.jpeg

20 hours ago, novazeus said:

2nd little session finally today. no protection but only practiced in the rails. if u make a game out of it by seeing if u can make it just 14’ without touching, is pretty hard. probably hard for an experience rider. to mount and thread the needle, like 6” clearance at the hipbones. i like the rails for now because it allows me to feel the new 9bot1e+ without padding it. i think it’s a more rugged, more expensive wheel and at $360 probably the best all round wheel for my purposes. i still think the 9bot1s2 has the lowest cog feeling and sb the easiest to learn on. with 5 wheels now, i have plenty to be entertained with. i cancelled my order with kiwano k01. they kept having production problems and last time i looked, they were talking about a mid january delivery. i had to file a credit card dispute with chase because they didn’t wanna give me my money back. not very smart business people, imho. got molassees delivered today so that should free up some time. all wheels charged nicely and tires pumped up well. gonna leave the 9bot1s1 in the box. no use playing with it now. i have the 9bot1s1 pads for it and some bumper stuff that i can decorate it for later. might be some time before the ks-18s looks appetizing, so i’m gonna just play with the 9bot1s2, 9bot1e + and the ks-16s wheels for now. one of those have to be the best learning wheel. think u could do the rails without touching?

C8182784-A488-4BCE-A514-1A5003C67033.jpeg

Shouldn't you at least take it out and charge it?  What if the battery is dead,  how long do you have to send it back?

Are you turning around at each end and riding forward every time?  I think you said earlier you were going to learn forward and backward at the same time.  

38 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Shouldn't you at least take it out and charge it?  What if the battery is dead,  how long do you have to send it back?

Are you turning around at each end and riding forward every time?  I think you said earlier you were going to learn forward and backward at the same time.  

i took it out and inpected it, turned it on, filled the tire and charged it with it’s charger. tn i’ll probably activate it and put on the 9bot bumpers. then wait until i figure i can ride it without being all padded up. glad i sent the first one back, it being doa and all. i’m really impressed with the 9bot1e+. newegg is selling those for $400 delivered. yeah, i’m going forwards and backwards. did actually have an injury yesterday. forgot my gloves and got a little splinter. the idea is to be able to mount, go forward, stop, go backwards, and stop, dismount, without ever touching the 2x4’s. for me it’s great because i just got back from the dog park and a little training session with Bob and i can go out there and get a little more wheel time before dark. if i had to put on all the protective gear, i’d be worn out before stopping. i’m sure if i went to a parking lot and just did an assisted mount, i could flail around the parking lot for a distance but i’d still need the basics. i’m sure i’ll be inching to get out of the rails soon so maybe the soccer field next to the dog park will get tried this week. good place for the padded ks-16s.

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i took it out and inpected it, turned it on, filled the tire and charged it with it’s charger. tn i’ll probably activate it and put on the 9bot bumpers. then wait until i figure i can ride it without being all padded up. glad i sent the first one back, it being doa and all. i’m really impressed with the 9bot1e+. newegg is selling those for $400 delivered. yeah, i’m going forwards and backwards. did actually have an injury yesterday. forgot my gloves and got a little splinter. the idea is to be able to mount, go forward, stop, go backwards, and stop, dismount, without ever touching the 2x4’s. for me it’s great because i just got back from the dog park and a little training session with Bob and i can go out there and get a little more wheel time before dark. if i had to put on all the protective gear, i’d be worn out before stopping. i’m sure if i went to a parking lot and just did an assisted mount, i could flail around the parking lot for a distance but i’d still need the basics. i’m sure i’ll be inching to get out of the rails soon so maybe the soccer field next to the dog park will get tried this week. good place for the padded ks-16s.

That's good news that this new one works.  Yes, that $400 E+ is a fantastic deal, mine cost $950 Feb 2016.  Those rails look like a great place to practice.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

That's good news that this new one works.  Yes, that $400 E+ is a fantastic deal, mine cost $950 Feb 2016.  Those rails look like a great place to practice.

just got in. 3rd session, big fun. hit the 1km speed limiter. two beeps and u can turn it off in the app. yes. this simple setup, of all the things i ran through my brain for months, i think is the best for learning these things. same idea if u had an injury or stroke and u were learning to walk again. the rails are there to grab or bump into but u can also freewheel. all my wheels all pumped up to max pressure so they are knife edges, so balancing is tested. i made at least 3 forward runs without touching the boards. it’s only 20.5 inches between the 2x4’s. i even smoke a couple puffs of flowers before tonight’s session. might have helped. no body armor except i didn’t forget my leather gloves. i haven’t reported my splinter in the how were u hurt topic yet. it’s amazing to me but as far as foot position goes, i’m a size 12 in reebok hi tops. my sneaker heel is even with the rear of the pedal and i can feel the balls of my feet hanging over the fronts. like i’m resting my heels and arches on the flat of the pedal and almost gripping the front of the pedal with the balls of my feet, on the 9bot1s2 anyway. standing erect, which i,s how i’m trying to be, i can literally think forward and go forward, think stop and stop and thing rearward and go in reverse, it’s like akido. being able to hands free in the boards and not touch was fun because i had that whole hip swiveling balance steering thing going on. this is how i’m gonna teach the girls, i think. the sawhorses are adjustable height wise so they will always have the boards right under their glove hands to catch themselves or glide their hands on top until they wanna cut loose.

on the other hand, the rollator for learning, is a bust i think. i mean i could have gone forever pushing it along but it’s tricky doing that and u can’t let go to get any skills going.

i did a little one leg gliding between the rails too. great place to practice mounting and dismounting. 

only like 2.5, 3” on clearance on each side when i’m on the wheel. the boards are just a little lower than the center of my hip bones when i’m on the wheel.

but yeah since i hit the 1km on the batman 9bot and i’m not worried about dropping it while learning the basics between the boards, might as well put my doodads on the s1 9bot and get 1km on it.

it reminds me of when i use to ride motorcycles and i’d always try to time lights a slow roll so i never had to put my feet down. the same thing balancing sitting still on the wheel but trying not to put my hand down. it’s good training. going slow between the sawhorses and not hitting on rock hard tires. big fun.

E6B59F84-7FC6-476C-B827-C54A3B77C179.jpeg

Archived