63 old guinea pig

novazeus

i’m thinking after i clear my road, do some pavement on the 9bot and 16s, maybe take the 18s out in the pasture to try it. the pasture is hard but not as hard as asphalt and even tho it’s padded, i think it will survive drops better in the grass. should have plenty of torque to get going. might be bouncy but might as well dive in out there. that’s what i bought it for.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:11 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

One other idea is to hire a real estate agent that has experience with large properties who can help deal with developers.  That way you can be sure your interests are well represented and to get a fair deal.

btw, i met with beazer land guy like wednesday and they want to go to contract this coming week. they wanna take down all my residential entitlements. at 400k an acre net to me, they can have all they get in zoning. this product is for sure what they wanna build here. https://m.beazer.com/orlando-FL/gatherings-of-lake-nona

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty nice!  I got no idea what the going rate for property normally is down there, but that sounds good to me!  At some point you can only spend so much money on stuff.  More definitely is better, but how many Ferraris and Lambos does a person need?  I'm still driving my $1000 car.  I've now got a GW Tesla that cost more than my car cost :rolleyes:.  Enjoy it while you can I guess!

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Look pretty nice!  I got no idea what the going rate for property normally is down there, but that sounds good to me!  At some point you can only spend so much money on stuff.  More definitely is better, but how many Ferraris and Lambos does a person need?  I'm still driving my $1000 car.  I've now got a GW Tesla that cost more than my car cost :rolleyes:.  Enjoy it while you can I guess!

trust me, me outliving my date with death by over three years now, money means nothing to me. if people look at their lives, they’ll realize the less they had, the happier they were. since this whole real estate and development has been in my dna since youth and i’ve earned and learned for as long as i can remember, it’s just like playing monopoly to me. might only be monopoly money but i ain’t givivg up park place and boardwalk for cheap. all this s**t is just about killing time.

That sounds like a nice plan.  I've seen some yacht shows on TV, and I can see how the money can get spent pretty quickly!  Some have crews and chefs onboard which is nice so you don't have to worry about maintenance, etc.  Sounds like the good life!

Pricing on http://www.superyachts.com/ is pretty crazy for some of them.

I remember seeing some with helipads on the back.  I think Leonardo Dicaprio was on one down in Cabo San Lucas when I visited a while back.  St. Thomas also attracts the bigger ones.

Maybe renting one is another option so you can try some different ships.

43 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That sounds like a nice plan.  I've seen some yacht shows on TV, and I can see how the money can get spent pretty quickly!  Some have crews and chefs onboard which is nice so you don't have to worry about maintenance, etc.  Sounds like the good life!

Pricing on http://www.superyachts.com/ is pretty crazy for some of them.

I remember seeing some with helipads on the back.  I think Leonardo Dicaprio was on one down in Cabo San Lucas when I visited a while back.  St. Thomas also attracts the bigger ones.

Maybe renting one is another option so you can try some different ships.

while i was getting my little fountain 38 ready for my trans florida cruise home, i spent 5 months on middle river at las olas marina in ft lauderdale. if u ever wanna feel really unsuccessful monetarily, go for some rides on the water taxis in ft lauderdale. u would think everybody owned a yacht down there. i’d go past spielbergs mega yacht regularly on the way to the ocean. this was my neighbor when i was about to leave. that kaden krogen is probably around 4 mil and u gotta wait 3 years for them to build it. made in china.

las olas is where i saw my first and only euc in the wild. so if u were anchored, and take ur dingy in to port somewhere, u could take the euc with u so u have wheel when u tie up.

AA0C3C4A-F1A4-4724-8DBD-508B3BB95226.jpeg

Any larger flat paved areas around like a hockey rink or basketball court?  It's easier to learn when you have some free space to learn how to turn.  Watch some of @Duf's videos if you get a chance.  He had a real tough time learning on his Ninebot, but look where he is now!  Quite the success story.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Any larger flat paved areas around like a hockey rink or basketball court?  It's easier to learn when you have some free space to learn how to turn.  Watch some of @Duf's videos if you get a chance.  He had a real tough time learning on his Ninebot, but look where he is now!  Quite the success story.  :thumbup:

yeah all kinds of great places around but i don’t leave Bob ever. i’ll be just outside the compound and he’ll be ok with that cause he can see me.

i’ll probably try to get a little one legged gliding in tmrw with the ninebot. gonna be cool the next few days so sb good leathers weather. suppose to rain tmrw but i’m not feeling it. 

i’ve got a plan b if the driveway go doesn’t work. like i said, it ain’t a race, just about killing time.

It's actually more than just killing time.  It's learning how to ride one of the most fun and unique means of transport invented in the last 100 years!  It also makes you feel like you're 15 again!  :w00t2:  It's that much fun.  Really!

I also think that's why some of us are so eager to see you hopping on that wheel and start having fun on it.  The fun factor is great and palpable.  Enjoy it while you can!

18 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's actually more than just killing time.  It's learning how to ride one of the most fun and unique means of transport invented in the last 100 years!  It also makes you feel like you're 15 again!  :w00t2:  It's that much fun.  Really!

I also think that's why some of us are so eager to see you hopping on that wheel and start having fun on it.  The fun factor is great and palpable.  Enjoy it while you can!

i love seeing the enthusiam on this forum and how much everybody enjoys getting outdoors and enjoying their wheels. i can tell the sensation of riding it are definitely different than anything i’ve attempted before. i’m weird i know, but it will only be fun for me, if Bob is having fun. it’s just a tool or device to hopefully exercise Bob with. ever seen cesar milan on inline skates. i rarely, i mean rarely leave the ranch, and when i do, i’m in my one ton dooley. i only have fun if others are having fun, an electric UNIcycle by definition, ruins that for me. now if i go to the local park when it’s crowded, and try to learn, i’m sure that will get some laughs.

i guess fun for me before, always involved alcohol and a few hot twenty something gfs. now it’s just Bob and my other animals, no alcohol. fun for me just to be alive.

when u have outlived ur doctor’s prediction of when u would die by over three years u will understand. totally different than the rest of u. it’s an unique club. just being told u have three months to live, puts u in pretty rarefied air. it only happens once.

if ever.

27 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i love seeing the enthusiam on this forum and how much everybody enjoys getting outdoors and enjoying their wheels. i can tell the sensation of riding it are definitely different than anything i’ve attempted before. i’m weird i know, but it will only be fun for me, if Bob is having fun. it’s just a tool or device to hopefully exercise Bob with. ever seen cesar milan on inline skates. i rarely, i mean rarely leave the ranch, and when i do, i’m in my one ton dooley. i only have fun if others are having fun, an electric UNIcycle by definition, ruins that for me. now if i go to the local park when it’s crowded, and try to learn, i’m sure that will get some laughs.

i guess fun for me before, always involved alcohol and a few hot twenty something gfs. now it’s just Bob and my other animals, no alcohol. fun for me just to be alive.

If you get good on the wheel, Bob might like to run along side you, like this guy and his dogs.  But he did take a spill, luckily didn't get hurt.  It's impossible to see all the rough spots when riding off pavement.  Whoa, the screenshot YouTube picked looks like a pit bull running at you.:blink1:

but yeah, it did rain today, just enough to be annoying. after feeding Betty, Bob and I drove to sam’s for turkey breasts loaves. traffic was hideous. finally got home and played with Bob, walk etc. wanted to feed the herd but they were already swarming the cowpens, so i answered a bunch of questions from cancer survivors group i’m on. 

tmrw sb good. high of 78 low 59. just starting to get use to wearing clothes again. probably gonna have to practice just walking around in my leathers. as soon as i put them on, i will be attack by Bob. don’t have any idea how long that will last. he thinks motorcycle jacket means play time. that’s the only way i could play at all with him when he was little. imagine what it would be like to raise a lion cub, i imagine a lion cub would be less bloody, it continues, not as bad, until this day, today in fact.

if the driveway doesn’t work out, and i think i need more pavement, i’ll look around or build something.

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

If you get good on the wheel, Bob might like to run along side you, like this guy and his dogs.  But he did take a spill, luckily didn't get hurt.  It's impossible to see all the rough spots when riding off pavement.  Whoa, the screenshot YouTube picked looks like a pit bull running at you.:blink1:

yeah, first i gotta get comfortable on the wheel for whatever terrain and Bob is gonna be 150 pounds which is pretty big, so Bob has to learn too. we’ve done a run or two with him on a short leash next to the polaris, he’s really quick and smart. i hope, obviously after i learn the wheel, and i think it’s safe for Bob, or safer than him running along side a 1500 pound plus polaris, we’ll give it a go. 

i know @Marty Backe loves his gotways but if i were gotway i’d buy marty kingsong wheels if he promised not to ride gotways anymore. i hope these kingsongs or 9bot don’t break, i’m confident i can fix anything but at this stage of the game, i don’t wanna be fixing other people’s dogshit product like i’ve had to do my whole life. as a contractor, i’ve had to fix a bunch of poorly manufactured productts in the delivery of million dollar houses. i’m not looking for a hobby. my hobby is killing cancer.

now, when these real estate people i’m talking to finally put up, and maybe build a nice multi-use path network in here, and wheels get safer, hopefully, that might be fun. i have some very hot skateboarder gfs. in fact they were both gogo dancers at amphitheatre in ybor, they would love to ride around on these things and pimp them. they would understand the risks. i’m sure there might be more hot gfs that are coordinated but those are the only two i can think of. i know another one that is pretty darn hot and rides hunters and jumpers which is waay more dangerous, she’d be good. she works at caliente now.

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

now, when these real estate people i’m talking to finally put up, and maybe build a nice multi-use path network in here, and wheels get safer, hopefully, that might be fun. i have some very hot skateboarder gfs. in fact they were both gogo dancers at amphitheatre in ybor, they would love to ride around on these things and pimp them. they would understand the risks. i’m sure there might be more hot gfs that are coordinated but those are the only two i can think of. i know another one that is pretty darn hot and rides hunters and jumpers which is waay more dangerous, she’d be good. she works at caliente now.

You need this one, she is super athletic.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

yeah, first i gotta get comfortable on the wheel for whatever terrain and Bob is gonna be 150 pounds which is pretty big, so Bob has to learn too. we’ve done a run or two with him on a short leash next to the polaris, he’s really quick and smart. i hope, obviously after i learn the wheel, and i think it’s safe for Bob, or safer than him running along side a 1500 pound plus polaris, we’ll give it a go. 

i know @Marty Backe loves his gotways but if i were gotway i’d buy marty kingsong wheels if he promised not to ride gotways anymore. i hope these kingsongs or 9bot don’t break, i’m confident i can fix anything but at this stage of the game, i don’t wanna be fixing other people’s dogshit product like i’ve had to do my whole life. as a contractor, i’ve had to fix a bunch of poorly manufactured productts in the delivery of million dollar houses. i’m not looking for a hobby. my hobby is killing cancer.

:roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

so today i start. today was me and Bob’s third trip to the dog park that has all of these great areas surrounding it for learning. naturally my tax dollars don’t work for me because they have signs posted. so before discovering the ban on everything, since i had put on my high tops instead of flip flops, i did about 30’ before stepping off and i’m the most proud of holding the wheel with my right foot after stepping off.

so didn’t even try at the park, it was extraordinary busy(probably need to go around noon) and came home and tried a little homemade jig to get more of a taste of it. not really counting this as a full on attempt at learning because i never donned safety gear.

at least i moved the 9bot, hightops, safety gear to the truck, that was huge. need to clean up the rear so it can be the euc storage. maybe tmrw i’ll move the kingsongs out there.

6D7548D3-9D50-4E2B-BDA3-B22FE5E90D0C.jpeg

2637FA4C-4E37-4739-A5D6-93914A12A75A.jpeg

Archived