63 old guinea pig

novazeus

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i have two polaris utv’s, a jeep wrangler, a one ton dooley, tractor etc for getting around. hopefully the euc’s will be another mode of transportation for me around here. got a harley flhrse4 rusting in my garage, along with my ktm superduke r and a ktm 525 exc that i won’t touch because of the vibration they exert on my perineum. i don’t want to jiggle that blob of cancer formerly known as my prostate.

i’m very interested in the new designs coming out like that fat tire 9bot z. i think that might be the best for my soil. pensacola grass over very sandy pastures. great for development, terrible cattle ranch. means i gotta toke a lot of feed.

so how do u clean these things or do they not need it. mine will be covered in cowshit just like my jeep but i’m worried with all the electronics water cleaning might not be good.

A bucket of water and a sponge works for wheel. The tire can be hosed off. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Marty Backe i use to use a compressor with an air nozzle that would pick up 90% alcohol to clean my rc helis so i was thinking that might work good.

@LanghamP for example again, a trip to my mailbox and back is about a mile. that’s also where my packages are delivered. to my service gate like this morning to unlock it for my cattle hauler is a mile walk in my pasture. trust me, i walk more daily than anybody on this forum probably and at 63 years old with terminal cancer i can still kick ass. my young twenty and thirty year old friends call me “farm strong”. i’m not handicapped in any way. my young friends can’t hang with me on the ranch work wise. i’m hoping instead of grabbing a polaris or the jeep or truck to go catch a cow, i’ll be able to mosey around here on a wheel. mostly to save time. my yard is a little over a half a square mile. trust me growing up out here and learning to ride a bicycle in myaaka sand was no fun. not sure about the 16 inch tire but the 18 inch should handle the pastures ok. gonna learn on the road however. yeah this is not a hobby/sport for me. my time is precious so if they don’t perform, they’ll be junk for me. maybe they’ll perfect those drone boots u fly around on. i got a lot of property to cover. after irma, with all the trees down, drone boots would really be handy.

just google earth 1640 cypress creek rd, lutz, fl 33559 and u will see what i’m talking about. and if u know somebody that wants it for $52 million, 6 month due diligence, not waiting until they get zoning, i’m outta here  my whole life is in flux. i’m living in a non converted cargo container, i’m camping out out here.  i might only sell a portion like twenty acres and then go ahead and build myself a house out here because i’ll be stuck here with the cows on the remainder. my property taxes are $1200 a year because of greenbelt. without the cows a zoned, taxes would be $600 k. and then with my prognosis of 3 months to live over three years ago, it’s kinda like why bother with any of that. i just get done what i can get done daily and hopefully start over tmrw. i’m a big planner, any builder is. it’s weird not having any plans because u been stricken with cancer, the fast, aggressive kind. no mets that i know of. like i said, i don’t go see doctors, they already gave up 3 years ago.

so yeah, the wheel works, great, if not nbd i’ll be on the drone boot forum.

and i’ve been bottle feeding Bob’s gf Betty since may twice or more a day. saving her was quite the task. i don’t think she’d made it without cannabis oil. the normal antibiotics and serums weren’t cutting it. 7 days a week. never ends. and that’s ok.

59B532AC-F592-4ADB-A791-AA2CAA4F1FFB.jpeg

oh yeah, i just remembered how we did learn to ride a bike on the ranch. u didn’t have enough strength in ur little legs to get going in the sand so we’d get pushed down hill in the pastures and then crash. don’t think i’ll try that to learn.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

ince people add about 1/10 of a second to their reaction time per decade, and you being in your 7th decade, it follows a dump by your wheel would feel like you instantly went down.

ya, with the amount of my medicine i’m taking when medicating, i’m sure it’s  a hundred times slower reaction time. trust me, to do this the stars have to be aligned just right. i gotta suspend medicating just like i would if i had to drive off my property. i have to plan those couple of times a month when i have to haul feed for all of us. so to learn this i gotta modulate treatment with practice. walking can be hard when medicating. but treating cancer comes first. if i don’t win that, other than making sure Bob and Star are taken care of, nothing else matters.

we have medical marijuana here in fl. the product i used to treat my cancer, they tell people they get 30 dose from a ml and that’s half of what i took daily. i kinda followed rick simpsom’s advice. but i doubled it because my cancer was/is so big, i took as much as i could handle. pretty tough psychoactively. i still don’t like it and i’m 100% sure it has kept me alive. u can’t do anything. safest thing to do is the minimum. dangerous out here in the woods when ur not wobbly. but hey, i’m alive, feel pretty good except for sore muscles.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

It sounds somewhat your EUCs are vehicles in search of a purpose, and if you seldom leave your farm then they might have little purpose but pleasure, which is great

on the how would i use my wheel on my ranch, i’m no farmer, like today, this old cow that i bottled fed after she was abandoned as a baby, hasn’t been looking too good, so i let her in my driveway part for extra feed and quiet time from the herd, so i gotta go get her after she’s two thirds down my driveway, if a wheel was convenient, i knew how to ride it safely a short distance without padding up, i could take the wheel to princess , leave the wheel and walk her back in, then pick the wheel up later. one example. today i took the jeep and had to weave thru the trees and weeds to push her up there. not good for the jeep.

Maybe hiring some arborists / cleanup workers might be a worthwhile idea rather than trying to do everything yourself.  I get the independent lifestyle, but sometimes time is money.  And additional help can be money well spent so you can spend time on other activities.  There must be some good ranchhands looking for work?  Also they would be good insurance against if something should happen to you, you would know the cattle and dog (it's a beaut BTW) are well taken care of if your estate plan is well written.

One other idea is to hire a real estate agent that has experience with large properties who can help deal with developers.  That way you can be sure your interests are well represented and to get a fair deal.

What do they say, wearing too many hats can make a person a jack of all trades and a master of none?  I'd be spending some of that money enjoying life rather than working so hard still.  Maybe get a class A RV to live in rather than roughing it.  Rethink the fun : work ratio and rework it.

If your pastures are like any of the ones I've seen I don't know if an EUC would tackle them well.  They usually are very bumpy and if there's lots of sand the wheel will get bogged down easily.  Not a great feeling.  Maybe the Ninebot Z might work,  but it wouldn't be a lot of fun trying to balance ride over that much irregular terrain.  Unless it's mildly bumpy then maybe it would be okay?

yeah idk obviously how hard it would be to ride a wheel in my pastures, guess i’ll find out this winter. all ur other suggestions i’ve considered but for too many reasons to explain, like , no there aren’t ranch hands to be hired. i don’t consider myself a master of any trade or skill of the many i have, just better than any other human. the ranch sale is pretty complicated. google my name hank king and cypress creek town center and read some of the newspaper articles. i thought about an rv but like in irma, they’re less safe than the container i’m in. i have my boat here that sleeps 4 that i thought i might use as an rv here but haven’t moved into it yet because it’s not situated the way i want it. another on my to do list. i have two older sisters that could pitch in and help me if they chose to and they are silent partners on the land but they won’t lift a finger. i’ve had to do everything, mentally, physically and monetarily. 

curing my cancer, hello, obviously is the most important thing for me, and i can’t even find a doctor that will discuss my treatment with me. maybe now that medical marijuana is in florida and now they have medical doctors that are marijuana doctors. they’ve had 8 hours of education on medical marijuana, big woop. if you or anybody on this forum ever gets prostate cancer, there are forums where prostate cancer survivors can plug in there numbers from their diagnosis and find other survivors around the world and how there are doing. i’ve done that. found similar people. they are all dead. upon initial diagnosis, psa 35.4, testosterone 884, gleason 5+4 score,  90% of my prostate is cancer, extracapsular and pelvic and lymph node involvement. other than that bone scan clean. the fact i’ve lived past my 3 months to die prognosis is a miracle. july 2018 if i make it, will be 4 years. last psa 0.6. no doctors, no presription drugs.  Bob is pretty strong medicine too.

until ur head is where mine is at, it’s pretty hard to understand. almost everybody lives thru this before they die, obviously only once, unless ur like one of my cattle haulers that dropped dead from a massive heart attack last month.  

as far as riding my pastures, when and if i conquer pavement, wirh the 18s, i’ll take it to the pasture. falling out there is nbd, unless ur on horseback.

F8E76C74-696B-4072-9E50-9170F383F6FB.jpeg

FA0D3966-F4AD-4C3C-BCAB-D2EBFD9914BF.jpeg

50A16C05-893A-40B1-89FE-FAC794454C46.jpeg

BD2F94E2-8353-47C8-9655-F7DA0F146755.jpeg

Things always have to be more complicated than they need to be hey?  :lol:   That's too bad about the lack of farm help.  You would think in this economy people would be interested in  work.  That's a nice boat you have.  And a pretty good first mate!  :dribble: I was just trying to think of some ideas to see if there was any way to help free up some of your time so you can enjoy riding around a bit on these EUCs.

i understand. it is what it is. i can’t even get a farrier to come take care of my sweet donkeys and horse and i’ve had 2. $125 for 30 minutes of work. no, people are extremely lazy. employees are more trouble than they are worth.

once i either contract with a buyer for the entire ranch or with a portion of it, life will be a little easier. probably because of growing up on 1200 acres in the middle of nowhere, and my impatience with stupid rude humans, my goal once i sell out is to live reclusively like i am now. just me, Bob and Star, my cat, and a few cattle with names. i don’t even see any of my gfs anymore because i don’t want to. can’t eat in a restaurant because food poisoning might kill me. been there done that. google fda side effects of radiation. cannabis oil boosts m6 immune system up back to a normal level but doing stuff like driving is prohibited. idk if anybody on this forum ever tried cannabis oil, but chances are, if they did, they only did it once. it’s not easy to take in the appropriate doses. like i said the dispensaries r saying i was taking around 60 doses daily. i seriously doubt the tiny doses they prescribe would kill cancer. the reason they prescribe such tiny doses is because humans little fragile minds can’t handle it. fortunatley for me, betweem 18-20 i did a lot of orange sunshine but mostly windowpane acid and God knows, how many pounds of psilocybin mushrooms, so my mind kinda knew the road map of hallucinogenics. 

bought the boat in ft lauderdale, commuted back and forth for 5 months two or three flights a week back to the ranch to tend to the animals. from end of april to end of september. and then got a ft lauderdale friend to come with me when i brought it from ft lauderdale to tampa. two day trip on the water. did all that while doing medicine. looking back, i don’t know how i did it.

784C5976-67AF-468F-AF52-975D6CE9E2A2.jpeg

On 11/8/2017 at 2:01 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And a pretty good first mate!  

not my first mate. my friend’s ex-gf. she was the number one pole dancer in tampa bay area (they actually give an award) at that time in 2015. worked at 2001, tampa’s number one nude club. not my cup of tea. too bratty.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:46 AM, novazeus said:

and i’ve been bottle feeding Bob’s gf Betty since may twice or more a day. saving her was quite the task. i don’t think she’d made it without cannabis oil. the normal antibiotics and serums weren’t cutting it. 7 days a week. never ends. and that’s ok.

59B532AC-F592-4ADB-A791-AA2CAA4F1FFB.jpeg

Do you mean cannabis oil or cannabadiol (CBD oil)? Your devotion to your animals is really inspiring, given your personal challenges.

about 7 or so years ago i met sarah at a little college bar i use to ride my bike to late at night. we hung out a little bit. no romance. she was working at shangrila in tampa,  a bikini bar, now scores. i went to visit her at work once and her pole dancing was like nothing i’d ever seen. she was a sweetie. unfortunately, she caught the eye of a pro wrestler and he wound up marrying her. dave bautista. never met him. 

1C4E5441-7BD6-4442-8CEF-9B69A8548201.png

19 minutes ago, litewave said:

Do you mean cannabis oil or cannabadiol (CBD oil)? Your devotion to your animals is really inspiring, given your personal challenges.

cbd oil might be good for stuff like epilepsy seizures, but for cancer, u need the whole plant. thc kills cancer cells and cbd protects ur good cells. cbd oil is made from a low or non thc variety of cannabis or hemp. if ur interested in this, rick simpson and dennis hill’s testimonial saved my life, so far. if u need medicine, and want to try it, i’ll be happy to tell u how i make it. i’ve got friends in CO that have a big company making co2 extractions and we’ve discussed my extraction methods, and they say what i’m doing is as good as what they do and they have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in equipment. they sell all they can make. in fact they were looking for investors to double their factory. don’t believe the govt, or doctors or big pharma, they only make money on sick and dying humans.

http://phoenixtears.ca/

yup, guess he had a house in tampa. sarah liked to ride bikes too. i bought her a nice pair of dainese motorcycle gloves and dave bought her a motorcycle about the same time. a used one. big deal. i coulda done that. sarah was working on a big sleeve tattoo of sea turtles and i’m not an ink fan. she was a cutie tho. very sweet. looked like audrey hepburn in her heyday.

that’s me about that time. a little fatter then i am now. i’m selling my 2008 ktm superduke r to a boat captain buddy of mine in ft lauderdale. hoping he doesn’t kill himself. 

not knocking euc’s, haven’t even tried to ride mine yet, but hard to get real excited after owning and riding this radical ride.even tho i’ll never straddle ride anything again, i thought about keeping this ride as a collectible. they only brought 50 to the US in 2008, the first year. i had to drive all the way to the alabama border between atlanta and birmingham to get his one. about 18k invested, selling for 6k at only 6k miles. typical loss on motorcycles.

F9357EFA-D3D5-4F09-9348-185AA6119CF8.jpeg

On 11/8/2017 at 2:11 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

f your pastures are like any of the ones I've seen I don't know if an EUC would tackle them well.  They usually are very bumpy and if there's lots of sand the wheel will get bogged down easily.  Not a great feeling.  Maybe the Ninebot Z might work,  but it wouldn't be a lot of fun trying to balance ride over that much irregular terrain.  Unless it's mildly bumpy then maybe it would be okay?

so what do u think about my pasture unicycle paths.

F728D206-5F3F-4D9B-8717-F3A667121C5F.jpeg

F9B1060C-2A15-4A5B-97FA-4047166A6075.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That actually doesn't look too bad.  I think that looks pretty good.  Off path watch out for gopher holes and hidden dips in the vegtation.

u know that the cows make those paths. if u ever get lost in the woods, like 15’ tall palmetto bushes on an overcast day, like i did once, if u find these just follow them out to some pasture somewhere.

ha, gophers holes, i got bull holes out here if i’m not paying attention i could flip the jeep.

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u know that the cows make those paths. if u ever get lost in the woods, like 15’ tall palmetto bushes on an overcast day, like i did once, if u find these just follow them out to some pasture somewhere.

ha, gophers holes, i got bull holes out here if i’m not paying attention i could flip the jeep.

When I saw those paths they looked familiar somehow but I was wondering what would make such a narrow path?  You made me remember visiting our relatives who had cow pastures, and the cow paths they had.

The only thing to look out for is fresh cow patties.  The dry ones should be no problem.  

Archived