25 minutes ago, Adel said:

What happened to the large pedals. This pedal is smaller than even the ACM .

Where are the large pedals we saw in CES ?

The only simple guess/answer which comes in my mind is that NB has 20k pcs of already produced old style pedals which they have nothing do do with... so first Z wheels will have those old pedals until they consume old stock.  New pedals are most likely more expensive to produce as they are asymmetrical... 

More advanced guess -  NB is re-designing the pedals to allow "kick to unfold" function

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

The only simple guess/answer which comes in my mind is that NB has 20k pcs of already produced old style pedals which they have nothing do do with... so first Z wheels will have those old pedals until they consume old stock.  New pedals are most likely more expensive to produce as they are asymmetrical... 

More advanced guess -  NB is re-designing the pedals to allow "kick to unfold" function

That's a big red flag, one too many for the Z, especially in light of the V10F pedals.

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My Chinese language skills are a little rusty, but I think it says 25° for the Z8/Z10?  :whistling:

It would be nice to be able to clarify the top cruising speed for the Z10 with a full battery.  I bet it's probably 40 KPH like the Z8 or someone has some explaining to do at Ninebot corporate!  :furious:  I thought the Z10 was supposed to be the new flagship model.

The apps allow for 45 km/h tho?‍♂️

B3781610-E9BE-4D03-B4E9-85404B27BA92.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scatcat said:

1800W nominal, 25° climb, 45kph max or I'm out.

20 deg is 36%, and 25 deg is 46% which should be enough for most people. Wheel makers routinely mix and match deg and percentage as do reviewers. It seems makers also list what the wheel is set to out of the box, speed wise.  I will be shocked if the wheels don't live up to the specs we have seen since last year. It is illegal in most parts of the world for EUCS to go 40-45kmh, so don't be surprise if the shipping boxes have some moderate performance figures on them. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Or those will be an "optional" (read: "chargeable") upgrade...

14 hours ago, vido said:

The apps allow for 45 km/h tho?‍♂️

B3781610-E9BE-4D03-B4E9-85404B27BA92.png

the worst thing to fear is that the application requires a code to unlock the speed, after a certain mileage, as on other brands, and that this code is blocked regionally

1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

I just bought Z10 from AliExpress, the Asia ones edition, it's the same seller that you sold my Kingsong 16S. I trust him. Will see if it is good enough. stay tuned!

Can You please provide link to this AliExpress offer? 

4 hours ago, RoberAce said:

I just bought Z10 from AliExpress, the Asia ones edition, it's the same seller that who sold my Kingsong 16S. I trust him. Will see if it is good enough. stay tuned!

Very brave...not because for ordering on Ali...but for ordering this wheel for 2000bucks!

Hope you are not disappointed!

I could not order it from the link...allready sold out...

16 minutes ago, US69 said:

Very brave...not because for ordering on Ali...but for ordering this wheel for 2000bucks!

Hope you are not disappointed!

I could not order it from the link...allready sold out...

Yes I know is sold out, only two units sold. I know is a big risk buy something up 2000bucks in AliExpress, but in Europe (Urban360 by example) will sell it over 2500bucks and 500bucks it is so much difference.

34 minutes ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

US $1960?

Never!

Better IM V10 from Speedyfeet for 1395£. Two years guarantee! 

My opinion! 

V10 it is very close to my Kingsong 16S a bit fast, and a bit wide tire (KS16S can be mod too) but not so much. I think wide tire as Z10 could be revolutionary

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Yes I know is sold out, only two units sold. I know is a big risk buy something up 2000bucks in AliExpress, but in Europe (Urban360 by example) will sell it over 2500bucks and 500bucks it is so much difference.

Yeah, sure it might be cheaper on Ali.

But i meant "brave" because i dont exspect this wheel to be "good/powerfull"......latest -and actual- russian tester was not impressed....saying it is "so so" and "not dynamic"...

That's what i suspected the whole time, as it is only a 59Volt max wheel.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

But i meant "brave" because i dont exspect this wheel to be "good/powerfull"......latest -and actual- russian tester was not impressed....saying it is "so so" and "not dynamic"...

do you mean torque?

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

could you please give me the link with the Z10 review?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

I'm not sure why everyone rags on lower voltage.   A modern wheel could be made with lower voltage just fine, you can get the same power out of a 59v as an 84v setup... you just need higher amps.   

I come from the electric skateboard world and the VESC can do 60amp continuous and 120amp peak with very little heat issues.   In electric skateboards use 10s2p batteries a lot, thats only about 36v.   2000w at 36v is 56amps... still able to do 2000w.

I'm not saying that they did design a good wheel in the z10, I'm just saying 59v doesn't really have much to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I'm not sure why everyone rags on lower voltage.   A modern wheel could be made with lower voltage just fine, you can get the same power out of a 59v as an 84v setup... you just need higher amps.   

I come from the electric skateboard world and the VESC can do 60amp continuous and 120amp peak with very little heat issues.   In electric skateboards use 10s2p batteries a lot, thats only about 36v.   2000w at 36v is 56amps... still able to do 2000w.

I'm not saying that they did design a good wheel in the z10, I'm just saying 59v doesn't really have much to do with it.

In general, and that is just generally speaking, higher voltage means less thermal losses. Of course that depends a lot on wire gauges and so on, so take it with a few grains of salt. As the wheel generates voltage too, a higher voltage means more headroom for counter-voltage, but that too depends a lot on wiring.

You can get 2000W out of 10V, but then again a higher voltage may be beneficial. Look at the Tesla cars, that are up in the 400V range.

With a strong motor and lower voltage, they need really fat wire gauges everywhere to avoid heat problems.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1