Since DarknessBot is going to be the go-to app for King Song, instead of their horrid own app, I'd love to participate in the  beta for this app. A riding newbie, but maybe I can give different input than an experienced and better rider than me cant.

In any case, it's a joy to read through a thread with this much activity and communication to and from the Developer!

Ilya, the KingSong KS18S Fahrenheit temperature is still > 2X too high in version 4.0. 

Here are some pics..

Pic 1: Celsius is correct:

Pic 2: What it should be in Fahrenheit:

Pic 3: What it displays in version 4.0:

A fix would be awesome. 

Thanks!

DAC33FA3-55DC-41F2-B757-238EFCBA439C.jpeg

17D69927-A4C6-4E77-9818-433508B2E52A.jpeg

02EF8B33-5B5D-4674-9C4D-58BA4FE1C8EE.jpeg

Edited by GoinPostal
Dropped pics

Ok Forum members.. Ilya and I need to hear from you. I see the Fahrenheit readings in DarknessBot being over 2X too high, and Ilya and “others” do not see it. 

Please respond with the following information:

Is your Fahrenheit reading correct?

Your EUC manufacturer: 

Your EUC model: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

Ok Forum members.. Ilya and I need to hear from you. I see the Fahrenheit readings in DarknessBot being over 2X too high, and Ilya and “others” do not see it. 

Your EUC manufacturer: 

Your EUC model: 

Fahrenheit reading correct?  No

Manufacturer: KingSong 

Model: KS18S 

23 minutes ago, US69 said:

KS18S

24 degree Celsius..

75.2 Fahrenheit...

I guess thats correct ?

Which version/build do you have @GoinPostal??? i have build 170...version 4.1

So i guess you just have an old version?? Go register as beta tester with @Ilya Shkolnik

I have version 4.0.  Just got test flight installed to beta test, but it’s asking for some code.. and I don’t see that Ilya sent me one.. unless I missed it. 

16 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

I have version 4.0.  Just got test flight installed to beta test, but it’s asking for some code.. and I don’t see that Ilya sent me one.. unless I missed it. 

Got it figured out. In the test flight email, there are 2 links. One just installs the app, while the other sets it up for the app you are beta testing and installs it.  Good to go now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Your EUC manufacturer: 

Your EUC model: 

Fahrenheit reading correct?  NO

EUC manufacturer: King Song

EUC model: 14S, 840 Wh

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, GoinPostal said:

Got it figured out. In the test flight email, there are 2 links. One just installs the app, while the other sets it up for the app you are beta testing and installs it.  Good to go now. 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, Ombre said:

Fahrenheit reading correct?  NO

EUC manufacturer: King Song

EUC model: 14S, 840 Wh

We found out in the testings that Farrenheit will  only not work in special the Regions for example USA....Has todo with the aútomatic Region Settings(from IOS)

In Europe Fahrenheit should work, as it did for example for me :-)

28 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

The Fahrenheit problem is founded. Will be fixed in next beta.

So fix we come fast, especially for beta users :-)

13 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

@Ilya Shkolnik does the app show correct amperage for gotway 84v wheels?

You will have minus/plus changed on amperage ...which will be fixed in a later release.

But from my experience with my Monster the amperage that is shown is at least 2 times(or 3) to high, as there are amp numbers provided that are higher than what the Batterie can achieve in reality (But this to "high amperage shown" goes for other apps also(wheellog), as the amperage number are provided directly from the GW board).

At least on DB app you have the Option to set a button to "84V"...and then the voltage is shown correctly :-)

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, US69 said:

But from my experience with my Monster the amperage that is shown is at least 2 times(or 3) to high, as there are amp numbers provided that are higher than what the Batterie can achieve in reality (But this to "high amperage shown" goes for other apps also(wheellog), as the amperage number are provided directly from the GW board).

This is because they measure the motor current which is the higher than the battery current the lower the speed is. But also with my calculation trials the kingsong current is still too high - maybe i got some constants wrong or it has still some constant factor involved (?peak value instead of effective value(true rms)?). I got once the idea to "calibrate" it from the known acceleration values from riding some flat track up and down, but for my ks16s i am now missing a nice overlean log for the motor/battery limits to get/estimate their constants...

What's news in beta 4.1-172:
- Added updating background location after invite/accept a ride
- Fixed bug with temperature on some regions
- KingSong: improved changing for max speed and alarms
- Gotway: fixed inversed amperage

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

What's news in beta 4.1-172:
- Added updating background location after invite/accept a ride
- Fixed bug with temperature on some regions
- KingSong: improved changing for max speed and alarms
- Gotway: fixed inversed amperage

:thumbup: 

there is another issue with gotway wheels with your app. when setting tiltback via your app on my gotway tesla and then lift it and do the free spin when it reaches about 30 kph it leans back and accelerates to full speed and no matter how much you lean it back it still accelerates to full speed and then stops after 2 seconds and turns off

think about how could be dangerous when riding it 

Edited by Shad0z

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

:thumbup: 

there is another issue with gotway wheels with your app. when setting tiltback via your app on my gotway tesla and then lift it and do the free spin when it reaches about 30 kph it leans back and accelerates to full speed and no matter how much you lean it back it still accelerates to full speed and then stops after 2 seconds and turns off

Did you test if setting tiltback with the gotway app leads to different behaviour?

There were imho also reports of wheels with bad mainboards/gyros showing such behaviour while riding... :(

Edit: ps: a set tiltback does not tilt a lifted wheel - it just increases the rotational acceleration (if it is not already at the max...)

i'd assume the rotational accelertion of the wheel is needing a counter rotational torque on the rest of the wheel. So every rotational acceleration of the tire leads to a backwards lean of the wheel? (Which has to be countered by the person hding it) But if the gyro notices a backward angle (leaning back) the electronics has to brake or something is horribly malfunctioning!

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

Did you test if setting tiltback with the gotway app leads to different behaviour?

There were imho also reports of wheels with bad mainboards/gyros showing such behaviour while riding... :(

Edit: ps: a set tiltback does not tilt a lifted wheel - it just increases the rotational acceleration (if it is not already at the max...)

i'd assume the rotational accelertion of the wheel is needing a counter rotational torque on the rest of the wheel. So every rotational acceleration of the tire leads to a backwards lean of the wheel? (Which has to be countered by the person hding it) But if the gyro notices a backward angle (leaning back) the electronics has to brake or something is horribly malfunctioning!

i tested it in many ways. and the only way the behavior appears is by setting tiltback in the darkness bot app

setting tiltback in the gotway app enables tiltback and stops the issue. but ojly when enabling it in the darknessbot app it appears. i will post a video

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

What's news in beta 4.1-173:
- Ratings: Improved rating by my model
- Inmotion: Improved V10/V10F support
- KingSong: Improved changing for max speed and alarms

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 1:53 PM, Shad0z said:

To me that sounds like a normal free air tiltback.

If the board tries to tilt back (accelerate) but the wheel is kept level, it tries to tilt back (accelerate) more until actual tiltback happens.

In order to stop it you have to yourself tilt the wheel back immediately, and keep it there a few seconds.

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

To me that sounds like a normal free air tiltback.

If the board tries to tilt back (accelerate) but the wheel is kept level, it tries to tilt back (accelerate) more until actual tiltback happens.

In order to stop it you have to yourself tilt the wheel back immediately, and keep it there a few seconds.

+1 ! While the wheel is in tiltback mode, one has to tilt it back further for breaking! 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, Shad0z said:

i tested it in many ways. and the only way the behavior appears is by setting tiltback in the darkness bot app

setting tiltback in the gotway app enables tiltback and stops the issue. but ojly when enabling it in the darknessbot app it appears. i will post a video

Do you know what tiltback technically means? It is just the wheel accelerating faster...so on a lift up test a tiltback always will result in the wheel speeding up.

36 minutes ago, US69 said:

Do you know what tiltback technically means? It is just the wheel accelerating faster...so on a lift up test a tiltback always will result in the wheel speeding up.

i know.. But i dont think you have to tilt it 90 degrees. And still no change just full speed. I will try to replicate this again

EDIT: i think this has been fixed now. i cant make it happen again. so all good :D 

Edited by Shad0z

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

i know.. But i dont think you have to tilt it 90 degrees. And still no change just full speed. I will try to replicate this again

EDIT: i think this has been fixed now. i cant make it happen again. so all good :D 

What you have been telling before i still can replicate on any wheel with tiltback and on any app.

On a tiltback the wheel (by accelerating) tries to lift upp the pedal. But that can only work if the wheel/tire is on the ground.

If the tire is liftup, it is not possible to move the pedals up, and so the wheel will only Speed up......

• Like 1