POLL - Which platform do you use most often to access this forum?

Which platform do you use most often to access this forum?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform do you use most often to access this forum?

• Desktop / Laptop / "Tablet in Landscape Mode"
    • Mobile Device / "Tablet in Portrait Mode"
    • Both more or less equally

The reason why I'm doing this poll is because the interface layout of the forum is completely different between the two categories.  Any settings changes to the layout affects both categories but differently.  So I would like to see which category I should optimize it for.  Please note that if you use a tablet most to choose whether you use portrait or landscape mode mostly.

Pfff... I write preferably on my desktop, sometimes also an the tablet (in landscape mode) - my smartphone i use only for reading in portrait mode. Assume this would mean choice three more or less - but both with a totally different usage pattern....

I use mostly Mobile (in portrait mode), as I can log in from anywhere, anytime. If I have a lot to type, I use the PC.

I refuse to use anything less than two 24" widescreen displays :P  So pretty much desktop only for me, sometimes (rarely) I might check on the forums from a tablet (in landscape).

4 minutes ago, Jag_Rip said:

My phone has the better resolution than my desktop @esaj ;) , but I use any device available.

Same here.  But it appears that the resolution doesn't affect the layout chosen.  Desktop / Laptop / "Tablet in Landscape mode" usually has the right column in the main page that shows "Recent Posts" etc. while Mobile Device / "Tablet in Portrait mode" doesn't have that right column but appends that content to the end of page.

Using the iPhone is not a good user experience, as you need to use the smartphone mobile theme. Mobile themes are the killers for Internet on the smartphone. I would like to disable the mobile theme on my iPhone which is currently not possible.

Mostly I use the iPad. The MacBook is only used for work on files. 

In general I use more often landscape view.

I'm surprised that there are so many Desktop / Laptop / "Tablet in Landscape Mode" votes.

Surely mobile is the only option for viewing the forum while riding your EUC?

5 hours ago, OliverH said:

Using the iPhone is not a good user experience, as you need to use the smartphone mobile theme. Mobile themes are the killers for Internet on the smartphone. I would like to disable the mobile theme on my iPhone which is currently not possible.

I thought the mobile theme for this forum is pretty good.  Better than using Tapatalk and stuff to me.

17 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I thought the mobile theme for this forum is pretty good.  Better than using Tapatalk and stuff to me.

I never will use Tapatalk. If you use a high res smartphone you're happy to choose in a forum between mobile and desktop theme. I would be happy to have the choice like on newspaper sites (e.g. http://www.n-tv.de). 

Archived