THE MOST COMFORTABLE ELECTRIC UNICYCLE EVER!

Nuo Meng

Kingsong 18 and MSuper2 18 have the right idea: being able to sit while riding your EU! But why should they be the only ones that can be comfortable on their commute to wherever they want to go? I would love to sit on my Ninebot One while cruising along, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to take a load off after riding the first 5 or 6 km.

I designed this prototype that would let us take a seat on any type of EU out there. Now if any one out there can just make them in their basement workshop, I'd be grateful! We can share the profits! And the comfort!

Ninebot One seat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nuo Meng said:

Kingsong 18 and MSuper2 18 have the right idea: being able to sit while riding your EU! But why should they be the only ones that can be comfortable on their commute to wherever they want to go? I would love to sit on my Ninebot One while cruising along, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to take a load off after riding the first 5 or 6 km.

I designed this prototype that would let us take a seat on any type of EU out there. Now if any one out there can just make them in their basement workshop, I'd be grateful! We can share the profits! And the comfort!

Ninebot One seat.jpg

I dont understand, when you are saying you designed it, do you mean you made a prototype? How are you connecting the seat to the wheel, did you design this connection? Or you are just graphically showing a seat on top of a ninebot?

10 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I dont understand, when you are saying you designed it, do you mean you made a prototype? How are you connecting the seat to the wheel, did you design this connection? Or you are just graphically showing a seat on top of a ninebot?

I think he is a graphic artist by profession.:)

5 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I think he is a graphic artist by profession.:)

Well, if its just a rendering, it doesnt really get us any closer to making a ninebot with a seat.... On the other hand, all new things start with a vision.... I sure do wish a could sit down after standing on it for a hour, or even for as little as 10 minutes...

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Well, if its just a rendering, it doesnt really get us any closer to making a ninebot with a seat.... On the other hand, all new things start with a vision.... I sure do wish a could sit down after standing on it for a hour, or even for as little as 10 minutes...

That seat could double a a massage chair to relieve stress in riding. :lol:

There is already a seat that you can affix to 95% of the EUs out on the market.  It basically attaches itself to the EU handle.  Unfortunately for you it doesn't work with the Ninebot because of its unique handle.

Don't laugh too quickly as he's onto something with his proof of concept photoshop image.  Now if the seat was the carrying handle that could optionally slide down and become a part of the housing (imagine a section of the top curve of the Ninebot sliding up), it could also be extended to act as a seat for longer distance riding.  For example if the KingSong KS16 handle had a wider part where you could sit on it, it could be a multi-use handle.  If they could also design a small freedom of motion sideways and forwards slide for the seat (say a few centimeters) maybe right under it one could shift their weight in different directions to help with steering while the seat would carry the weight of the rider to alleviate foot pressure.  Probably easier said than done, but it just takes some clever ideas for people to design something.

4 hours ago, Chuts said:

There is already a seat that you can affix to 95% of the EUs out on the market.  It basically attaches itself to the EU handle.  Unfortunately for you it doesn't work with the Ninebot because of its unique handle.

Do you have a link? 

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

For example if the KingSong KS16 handle had a wider part where you could sit on it, it could be a multi-use handle.

That's why I asked a few days ago whether the KS16 handle is solid enough to sit on. A telescopic handle/seat which also serves as seat/handle seems an unavoidable feature of some if not many future EUCs.

43 minutes ago, Niko said:

That's why I asked a few days ago whether the KS16 handle is solid enough to sit on. A telescopic handle/seat which also serves as seat/handle seems an unavoidable feature of some if not many future EUCs.

I tried the handle a bit (not sitting on it, though :D), and it felt maybe little bit flimsy... probably it won't break (at least easily) when carrying the wheel from it (and even less if using it to move the wheel around with it while the wheel's powered on), but I wouldn't try sitting on it.

On 5/30/2016 at 1:07 PM, David S said:

Im a huge fan of being lazy in any way possible, but i dont think id ever want an euc with a seat on it.

What if you put a twist grip on the trolley handle and it would spin the tire while you were sitting on it?  And do 0 to 12 mph in 2 seconds.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a dude although my avatar seems to indicate differently.  Looking at it with a cup half full attitude it looks like it might be one handy way of um gripping onto the wheel for stability while riding.  I just don't think though that I would want to have an accident and have other people finding me unconscious or dead by the side of the road with that stuck up my butt.  Not saying that there's anything wrong with that as it's more a lifestyle choice :ph34r:, but I'm fairly certain the thread topic is called "The Most Comfortable EUC ever!" so I'm not quite sure your new design qualifies.  You may have taken it one or several steps too far!  :lol:

Unless you're a lady.  Then sure let's go off-roading baby, bring on the bumps!

Archived