The Photo Thread

SlowMo

10 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

Where is the overheat hill at? :P 

After my recent ride here with the MCM5, I tried this ACM2 on some of the same hills - nope. It was very slow going and I decided to stop in fear of smoking some wires. You could just feel the excessive amperes flowing thru the wires as I attempted the very steep sections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

After my recent ride here with the MCM5, I tried this ACM2 on some of the same hills - nope. It was very slow going and I decided to stop in fear of smoking some wires. You could just feel the excessive amperes flowing thru the wires as I attempted the very steep sections.

Are you ok? That had to be shocking.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

After my recent ride here with the MCM5, I tried this ACM2 on some of the same hills - nope. It was very slow going and I decided to stop in fear of smoking some wires. You could just feel the excessive amperes flowing thru the wires as I attempted the very steep sections.

Ah, I was wondering if you would get back to those hills on your ACM2s, for the same reason you mention.  And in all seriousness, I would love to know more about how you decide when a wheel isn't going to survive. (Just the slowing speed? Temp readings and amp alarms on your watch? Experience with wheels about to blow?)

And also, what would you guess makes the MCM5 so much more capable on those hills, given similar motors? (Just tire size acting like a lower gear? Better circuitry?) Is this modded wheel close enough to today's stock ACM2s to draw conclusions about the model?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I finally managed a @Marty Backe I think.

Not perfect but getting close ? 

DJI_0036.JPG

You are missing the Inmotion T-shirt and the Martian bug antenna ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Gimme a break. Got to start somewhere! 

I didn't say it was a failed try....

A little more practice you are Mar-t mk II unless @Hunka Hunka Burning Love beats you to it. So ...good try...?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, ir_fuel said:

I finally managed a @Marty Backe I think.

Not perfect but getting close ? 

Yes :cheers: 

We need more pictures of riders with their wheels instead of pictures where the wheel looks like it broke down on the side of the road :D

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

?????

My apologies. I'm at work so I only see five little boxes instead of whatever graphic you must have posted. I suppose you're not happy :efee8c29ce:

I should have written, "We need more pictures of riders with their wheels in additional to the pictures where the wheel looks like it broke down on the side of the road :lol:"

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, beast@tanagra said:

The Sonoran Desert Toad.

Drug frogs, cool! :efee612b4b: Depending on the wheel (not with the mten3) and if the frog does not block the tire,  I'd guess one could outride a collision. It's soft and offers no squishing resistance:eff05cf9bc:

(I nearly ran over a baby chicken last ride, suddenly dashed across the road.)

@Marty Backe It's just the "Hmmm" emoji.

thinking-face_1f914.png

So I think I'll live:efee8319ab: I have a tiny tripod, maybe (maybe) I'll use it.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Depending on the wheel (not with the mten3) and if the frog does not block the tire,  I'd guess one could outride a collision. It's soft and offers no squishing resistance:eff05cf9bc:

I guess that's reassuring, though half my night rides are on the MTen3.:efee96588e:  I still wouldn't be surprised if I could torque my way out of... it :barf:.

Just found your frog photos on that thread you linked. Very nice!

• Upvote 1