The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

I'm dealing with a partially dislocated shoulder myself, from my first EUC crash, keeping to the same speeds you are. 

:( 

how long time does it take to heal? 

Because most of the images my phone took are larger than the allowed attachment size, I created a Imgur post. 

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to use Imgur or its causing issues with uploading so many files without a solid connection. I'll try again later.

Edit 2: I fixed it. But I don't know how to remove the ones I messed up.. The albums are just sitting there with no images and I can't delete them.

Here is the link!! https://imgur.com/gallery/ijA1dPN

Edited by Esper
I'm a failure.

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, this is very cool @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. It would be so cool to have a shirt like that except for, as you point out, it would be weird to wear a shirt with a picture of me on it. My wife thinks what you did looks great too. :thumbup: :cheers:

You have to tell me how you got the shirt done. You've given me some ideas, and I assume it's not too difficult. Looks like whomever did the work captured the imagery perfectly. Looks like a quality t-shirt too.

:D

:lol:  Your wife is a talented painter!  When you work with gold to start with, everything turns out perfectly!  You can Google "Custom T-shirts," and find a bunch available.  I used Vistaprint which has a factory in Canada and in the States.  Usually they have 50% deals or other coupons on the net.  I think the T-Shirt was $18 and the mousepad $7.  Shipping was $8.  

During checkout they usually offer cheaper add-ons, and I could have gotten another T-shirt for $15.  I wasn't sure how good the print would turn out so I declined that, or I would have mailed you one.

It actually worked out pretty good I thought.  The colours were a little muted, but in the right lighting it looks great.  If I had a larger image and tweaked the colours a bit I think it would have popped more, but I'm quite happy with it.  I'm going to wear it when I'm riding and hitting on the ladies.  :efee6b18f3:  People were wondering who the heck is the guy on the T-shirt, but I'm keeping it one of those "inside secrets."  I got me some Marty MerchTM !!!  :w00t2:

mousepad.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Corrected pricing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:  Your wife is a talented painter!  When you work with gold to start with, everything turns out perfectly!  You can Google "Custom T-shirts," and find a bunch available.  I used Vistaprint which has a factory in Canada and in the States.  Usually they have 50% deals or other coupons on the net.  I think the T-Shirt was $24 and the mousepad $7.  During checkout they usually offer cheaper add-ons, and I could have gotten another T-shirt for $15.  I wasn't sure how good the print would turn out so I declined that, or I would have mailed you one.

It actually worked out pretty good I thought.  The colours were a little muted, but in the right lighting it looks great.  If I had a larger image and tweaked the colours a bit I think it would have popped more, but I'm quite happy with it.  I'm going to wear it when I'm riding and hitting on the ladies.  :efee6b18f3:  People were wondering who the heck is the guy on the T-shirt, but I'm keeping it one of those "inside secrets."  I got me some Marty MerchTM !!!  :w00t2:

Thanks for the info Hunka. It's great that you can do a single order for that price range. I have some ideas for EUC t-shirts, so I need to get going.

I still can't believe you did this though :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I didn't mean to come across as trying to be critical with my post, I just fear a bit for the psychological well-being about some folks when they seem like good dudes like Hunka does.  Didn't intend to get too personal, but also think sometimes it helps to have someone on the outside make one aware if maybe they're unaware of particular social boundaries that could stop them from having a better life in the real world.  I know it's walking on thin ice to bring it up.

I don't have anything personal against you, Marty.  Just try to keep you somewhat honest in case this place fully turns into your own personal blog.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:

:laughbounce2:  Laughter is the best medicine!  I read that once in the "Reader's Digest" in a psychiatrist's office.  Haven't been back since!  :w00t2:

:ph34r:  The voices inside my head tell me it's all okay.  They also tell me not to listen to the voices outside my head because they don't really exist.  Social boundaries, smocial confoundries.  I have a great life in the internet world.  The real world is over-rated.  :yawn:  If we can't laugh at ourselves just a little bit, there's always other people we can laugh at.  :whistling:  Besides, for $33, it was well worth the laughs and to see the reactions.  Money well spent!  Plus I got a pretty cool T-shirt and mousepad out of it.  :innocent1:  Who's crazy now?  :w00t2:

You give me hope for humanity Hunka... simply beautiful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kael said:

I had to take my own photos!

Very nice clear crisp photos of the Lake district! Makes me want to escape London city and explore the country side more. I wonder what camera you used...

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kael said:

DfoPM42.jpg

VLIa5bb.jpg

Went out as moral support for the other half on a run in the Lake District. Unfortunately that meant I had to take my own photos! The V8’s not much of a climber but we made it up this short hill eventually!

Wonderful. This is where the Mrs. and I want to eventually settle. Right now I'd be happy with anywhere in the UK with a job so I could get her a residency visa but the ultimate goal is a cottage in the Lake District well away from as many people as possible. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Wonderful. This is where the Mrs. and I want to eventually settle. Right now I'd be happy with anywhere in the UK with a job so I could get her a residency visa but the ultimate goal is a cottage in the Lake District well away from as many people as possible. 

It’s really lovely this time of year. We’ve been lucky as it’s raining only at night and the water in the Lake Windamere has been a warm 18°C (great for kayaking) but the low flyovers by the RAF certainly aren’t quiet!

35 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Very nice clear crisp photos of the Lake district! Makes me want to escape London city and explore the country side more. I wonder what camera you used...

Thanks! Just an iPhone X. For the convenience, the pictures aren’t bad at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kael said:

DfoPM42.jpg

Mmmmmmh, these are the dreamy pictures I love. Some hills or mountains (or another nice landscape), a wheel, a path ahead (or behind) into the unknown:efeeec645d: Infinite promises:efefd0f676:

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet wheel,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Goes_Ever_On_(song)#In_The_Lord_of_the_Rings

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:

:laughbounce2:  Laughter is the best medicine!  I read that once in the "Reader's Digest" in a psychiatrist's office.  Haven't been back since!  :w00t2:

:ph34r:  The voices inside my head tell me it's all okay.  They also tell me not to listen to the voices outside my head because they don't really exist.  Social boundaries, smocial confoundries.  I have a great life in the internet world.  The real world is over-rated.  :yawn:  If we can't laugh at ourselves just a little bit, there's always other people we can laugh at.  :whistling:  Besides, for $33, it was well worth the laughs and to see the reactions.  Money well spent!  Plus I got a pretty cool T-shirt and mousepad out of it.  :innocent1:  Who's crazy now?  :w00t2:

You need to post another picture of you wearing that shirt and riding. Yes, you can blur your Lego face if you wish. But I just have to see that shirt in full context :popcorn:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Inspired by yesterday's ride with a bit of a view (see previous page), I realized I could lollygag around the flat lands forever, but my heart is in the mountains:efee8319ab: So I did a modification of my usual mountain tour. Started late afternoon, wonderful hot and sunny hazy weather, ended up being almost 6.5 hours and I was home at 11 again (these rides always take longer than you think).

<snip>

Wow, I must say, that's some spectacular ride. I would love to do that :wub:  It actually looks ideal for the Monster (nothing too steep), and you'd appreciated the 2400wh battery and super comfy ride.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, I must say, that's some spectacular ride. I would love to do that :wub:  It actually looks ideal for the Monster (nothing too steep), and you'd appreciated the 2400wh battery and super comfy ride.

It is very much. Minus the steep part down, but that's an outlier and the "normal" bike route down would work perfectly with the Monster.

I don't like how the Monster rides, though, much too indirect for me. The ACM nimbly dances below your legs, while you kind of have to drag the Monster along with you. Even on the steepest parts down, I only used pedal pressure, no sidepad pinching at all.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow! These could only be better with a EUC in them:efee8319ab: Quite the place. Does it really look that purple in reality? Red soil + blue water and sky = nice!

Your link does not work, goes to a 404 page for me.

Fixed it! Sorry. I am new to this.

Damn @Esper those are some friggin' Windows desktop backgrounds right there.

Well except for this one which I kept trying to wipe the doodad off with my finger.  :pooping:  I invision this would be @HEC's  IMG_4435.gif desktop background if she/he were still around.

VVBaP09.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1