The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 5/6/2018 at 4:46 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Reminds me of this old picture of mine (no finger tho:efefd8a002:).

99718.jpg

Edited by Esash
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Holliday said:

Here, let me fix that for you! :)

IMG_0123.PNG

Thanks Joe! I thought about using the stamp tool, but not until posting it

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

Using the rail trail kept me off of roads not having sidewalks but an official response to my question 'is an EUC a motorized vehicle', because a sign at the trail entrance says 'absolutely no motor vehicles' reads:

Email response:

"Motorized vehicles of any type are not allowed on the trail. This is both to meet MBTA regulations (part the MBTA lease agreement for using their rail bed) and safety reasons on a narrow shared-use path."

After nearly being run off rt97 by a long bed semi trailer negotiating a bend in the two lane road ( while in compliance with the 'no motor vehicles' on the Danvers rail trail) I went to Google Maps and found a really nice alternate route to the rail trail which goes along old Massachusetts roads within stone walled rolling countryside estate land (no Google Earth Street View) and a view at one point of part of the Ipswich river. Yesterday's ride along 'North St, Hill St, River Rd. and Prospect St. leads to the center of Topsfield. A short ride from Topsfield to Rowley Rd on freshly paved sidewalk along rt97 completed the connection for a 29 ish mile ride from Salem to continue on to the Newburyport, MA Commuter rail stop near the new 'Clipper City rail trail' connecting to Newburyport and Plum Island.

Alternate EUC route between Danvers, MA and Topsfield, MA

The weather didn't quite work out as planned and about ten miles of the ride were drizzly wet road conditions. My Monster's buzzer became water logged and was barely audible at my destination. After returning home I stood the Monster upright to charge it. By the time it had charged from 20% battery to 40% battery the piezoelectric buzzer volume had returned to normal.

Alternate EUC route between Danvers, MA and Topsfield, MA

In the last few miles one passes through the campus of an old boarding school now called 'The Governors Academy'.

IMHO the bikers rail trail north of Boxford is neither a continuous rail trail nor comfortably rideable in sections (brown trace on Google Maps for bicycle routes).

Rail trail (brown trace) between Danvers and Newburyport, Massachusetts

Closer to Newburyport (last 4 miles) posted 'no trespassing' and overhead power lines reinforce the ownership of land called 'bike trail' on Google Maps to be used and managed by other owners.

My new route avoids all of these conflicts and stays on low use roadways.

The newest section of the 'Clipper City Rail trail' (ending closer to Plum Island) in Newburyport is in the final stages of completion. The older section of Clipper City rail trail ends at the boat dock area a few blocks from shopping stores and Starbucks.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's that famous ramp again! You posted a video on it once.

It's a fun ramp to ride :thumbup: