The Photo Thread

SlowMo

I was right!  Chuck Norris, Charlton Heston, and Clint Eastwood all rolled into one with a little bit of Hugh Hefner for good measure.  :thumbup:  Nice female acquaintances too I might add.  :dribble:  I'm sure you'll get the hang of riding an EUC pretty quickly.  It's sort of like balancing on a plank that has a cylinder attached right in the middle underneath.  You lean forwards with your pelvis / at the ankles slightly to get going.  Above stall speed it gets easier to balance just like on a bike.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, I'm planning all that for my next photo-shoot :D

Well, if you're going to try to break all the rules, you should include the "Side Street Rene" factor...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was right!  Chuck Norris, Charlton Heston, and Clint Eastwood all rolled into one with a little bit of Hugh Hefner for good measure.  

Don't forget this guy!:)

35704435324_2dfd9de727.jpg

• Upvote 1

:blink:  You've got some stunning scenery over there in Deutschland.  My Ninebot with the custom graphics would fit in perfectly over there.  Not that I would be able to make it past the 7-Eleven 16 km up the hill though... :cry2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  You've got some stunning scenery over there in Deutschland.  My Ninebot with the custom graphics would fit in perfectly over there.  Not that I would be able to make it past the 7-Eleven 16 km up the hill though... :cry2:

I just learned that 7-Eleven started in Dallas, Texas in 1927.  And just remembered that I missed 7-11 day and my free Slurpee.:crying:

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Technically this is in Austria:P But the border is along the mountain you have to imagine to the left, which we circled, so we had about 50% Austria, 50% Germany. Both sides were nice;)

German side had cooler names though: we went through a long ravine with a nice creek, but it's called Elendgraben (trench of hardship) and later changes the name to Totengraben (trench of the dead). Any guesses whether this used to be a fun place in the past?:D

--

4 more pictures. I didn't take too many, @Tilmann has the better phone so he must have them all;)

Steep road, cows right at it, lying and dozing in the afternoon sun, kids playing with them, one little girl sitting on a cow! Also the kids checking out our EUCs.

37616.jpg

37619.jpg

A bit further up, where I scouted for some future tour options.

37617.jpg

37618.jpg

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The considered Austrians anticipated your pain and built plenty of cable cars all the way up to the most scenic mountain tops. Depending on the route, your ninebot may arrive in the valley with more ions, than it started with :D

• Upvote 1

took a ride around the ranch to see if anybody died and got my package. probably not what environmentalists like, but what i've seen online, seems like some of the wheel manufacturers could take a lesson from dji on marketing and pakaging, not that it makes the product better. other photos from the top of my tallest hill which is my drone/helipad. i'm really proud of my grass. it must really like all this rain and sun. the last photo is either an early eclipse or my thumb.

IMG_4339.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

After a long uphill battle, we settled the issue over some healthy light meal (maccaroni & cheese on my part).

Great photos, beautiful place to ride.  In the second and third photos, when you stopped for food, I think I saw about 4 electric bicycles.  Are they for rent there, or did people ride them up the mountain?  Were all the photos taken with a phone camera, they look great!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, novazeus said:

took a ride around the ranch to see if anybody died and got my package. probably not what environmentalists like, but what i've seen online, seems like some of the wheel manufacturers could take a lesson from dji on marketing and pakaging, not that it makes the product better. other photos from the top of my tallest hill which is my drone/helipad. i'm really proud of my grass. it must really like all this rain and sun. the last photo is either an early eclipse or my thumb.

IMG_4339.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

Nice landscape, I bet the cows are loving that grass also.  In the last picture, to the right is a large stand of trees, are those pine trees?  The reason I ask is I lived near Jacksonville for a few years and drove past a huge pine tree farm a few times.  

Thank you @steve454

You can rent eBikes (and regular mountain bikes) in many places in the area, but I'm not sure whether this particular spot offered rentals. However, they had electrical outlets prepared specifically for charging and even a huge "Bicycle First Aide Box" next to it for emergency repairs.

All photos come from smartphones (xiaomi mi5 and Nexus 5), but I brushed'em up and scaled them down in photoshop a bit :whistling:

• Upvote 1

@steve454no those are cypress trees in a little swamp. i've got pines, they don't get as big as up north in jax i don't think. got oaks, hickory, bald cypress(those are good ones) some orange, lemon, grapefruit and magnolias. i'd like to plant some banana trees. i like bananas but don't like leaving the ranch. too stoned to deal with humans.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

...and that's why you want as many Watthours in your EUC as money can buy...

People, listen to this man;)

EDIT: Here's a short unedited clip to round up the report:

Video really gives a much better impression of places than photos:wub:

55 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

However, they had electrical outlets prepared specifically for charging and even a huge "Bicycle First Aide Box" next to it for emergency repairs.

37763.jpg

37764.jpg

Pump, pliers, screwdrivers, knifes - pretty cool!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Shabba said:

These ladies haven't even noticed that there's a monster in the shadows behind the pole waiting to attack :efef015fe0:

Oh but they are ready. Look at those spiffy colored sneakers they are sporting. Ironic the cane isnt also decorated with some sporty detailing though. :lol:

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The ship 'Norwegian Dawn' leaving Port (Black Falcon Cruise Terminal) in Boston and the ship 'Maj. Stephen W. Pless' in drydock at Boston

38647.jpg

38648.jpg

38649.jpg

Just heard there is a cruise ship sailing out of Orlando  on Monday where Bonnie Tyler is going to sing  "Total Eclipse of the Heart.

• Upvote 1