The Photo Thread

SlowMo

11 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I went on a pretty long trip yesterday, around 70km all in all. I rode from Kelheim, Bavaria, through Regensburg to the famous "Walhalla" monument, built by Bavarian King Ludwig I (not II.) from 1831 to 1842. I started out at 9.30 am in Kelheim and I had to arrive at 13.00pm because I had booked a table at a restaurant near the Walhalla for recharging myself (with Schweinsbraten and Kartoffelknödel) and my V10F (with 230V AC). I covered the distance by riding on a stretch of the famous "Donau-Radweg", which is is 2850km long and runs from the source of the Donau all the way to the Black Sea.

The day before I had stitched together my own custom made map by means of Google Maps and Microsoft Paint, and I navigated by displaying the huge 10.000x10.000 pixel .png file on my mother's old discarded tablet. That worked MUCH better than with my cellphone. I also took all the photos with that old Samsung tablet.

zhrsQhm.jpg

Here is a view of the "Teufelsfelsen" (Devils Rock) landmark a couple kms east of Kelheim:

IIP0hpm.jpg

A lot of the path was like this - smooth, hard packed dirt. A closer look at the Teufelsfelsen:

CbrNsre.jpg

The "Jachthafen" / marina in Kapfelberg:

Bih7tU5.jpg

A look upstream and downstream right from the Jachthafen:

7iwDYVl.jpg

CzEoVZ9.jpg

I crossed from the northern bank of the river to the southern one at Bad Abbach, across a pretty spectacular bicycle bridge with a massive central pillar and suspension cables. A view of the Danube upstream and downstream:

FscpahQ.jpg

aILHAoO.jpg

8ZAa6SC.jpg

Much of the path onwards from that looked like this, running on top of the levee:

x0mRi6l.jpg

Looking back upstream from the same spot:

prLRtJP.jpg

Not very exciting but smooth and relaxing to ride.

A couple kilometers after that a nice vista:

43Q0Zic.jpg

The inside of the huge right hander loop the river forms northwest of Bad Abbach:

Gd0FO1x.jpg

I took a break at the "Zunftstüberl" in Unterirading and ate a gigantic Brotzeitplatter, with radishes, mountain cheese and Obazda. The woman who appeared to be the owner kindly let me charge my wheel for the time I spent there, around 45 minutes. Some pictures of the ferry landing spot just a couple dozen meters upstream of the "Zunftstüberl":

mzRRDR3.jpg

K3hYu9Q.jpg

I didnt take any pictures after that until I was well east of Regensburg because I got lost a bit in the city due to the various bridges and midstream island and I was running a bit late for my 13.00pm table at the restaurant.

The next picture shows the first time you can see the Walhalla in the distance from the bicycle path, right in the center of the picture:

hU6ojbd.jpg

I arrived at the restaurant (the "Historisches Armen Spital" in Donaustauf) in the nick of time, at 12.59pm after three and a half hours on tour! Then they let me wait for 20 minutes before they even brought me the menu ... I didnt care though because I had plugged in my wheel right away with the kindly permission of the owners and every minute counted. For the first time in my life I had to order a half-sized portion because I was still so stuffed with the Brotzeitplatter. When I was done eating and charging I rode the remaining kilometer to the Walhalla. Some pics:

SLoR3TV.jpg

so0aZwy.jpg

hXSe6bS.jpg

1XqzkJC.jpg

44iBoh9.jpg

PwO5oZl.jpg

The I rode back to Regensburg again. I snapped those pictures while riding:

AM56Kpf.jpg

jRORXs6.jpg

In Regensburg I got on a train and rode in comfort back to Saal an der Donau (apparently Kelheim doesnt have a station). I then rode the Donau Radweg back to Kehlheim. This is what you are greeted by when you approach Kelheim: the Befreiungshalle, which was also built by Ludwig I. to celebrate the deafeat of Napoleon and the Liberation of Europe.

l12WgCK.jpg

It was  great trip. In hindsight I should have used a less tight schedule, three and a half hours is not enough if you have to recharge on the way. If I ever ride it again I would probably also take the tiny ferry from next to the Zunftstüberl to Mariaort for an even richer experience. Also, I was amazed how well I was doing after my longest trip by far I have ever done. When I started riding a little more than one year ago I couldnt walk normally for three days after my first longer trip - of only 25km - because my thighs and knees were hurting so much. Yesterday I did 70km and barely felt any discomfort after the ride.

Dude!

Just, awesome!!!   :thumbup:

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

I went on a pretty long trip yesterday, around 70km all in all. I rode from Kelheim, Bavaria, through Regensburg to the famous "Walhalla" monument, built by Bavarian King Ludwig I (not II.) from 1831 to 1842. I started out at 9.30 am in Kelheim and I had to arrive at 13.00pm because I had booked a table at a restaurant near the Walhalla for recharging myself (with Schweinsbraten and Kartoffelknödel) and my V10F (with 230V AC). I covered the distance by riding on a stretch of the famous "Donau-Radweg", which is is 2850km long and runs from the source of the Donau all the way to the Black Sea.

The day before I had stitched together my own custom made map by means of Google Maps and Microsoft Paint, and I navigated by displaying the huge 10.000x10.000 pixel .png file on my mother's old discarded tablet. That worked MUCH better than with my cellphone. I also took all the photos with that old Samsung tablet.

It was  great trip. In hindsight I should have used a less tight schedule, three and a half hours is not enough if you have to recharge on the way. If I ever ride it again I would probably also take the tiny ferry from next to the Zunftstüberl to Mariaort for an even richer experience. Also, I was amazed how well I was doing after my longest trip by far I have ever done. When I started riding a little more than one year ago I couldnt walk normally for three days after my first longer trip - of only 25km - because my thighs and knees were hurting so much. Yesterday I did 70km and barely felt any discomfort after the ride.

*applause* :clap3:

That sounds and looks amazing! Congrats on the progress and on the fantastic experience!

And thanks for sharing!

Edited by Arbolest

Yeah, I somewhat regret not taking pics from the front. It is the most spectacular view of the building by far, but it was hot, I was already a bit tired, stuffed to the brim with food and beer and had my rucksack and the wheel to take care of (I didnt want to haul that down the stairs and then up again) so I decided to spare myself that  :lol:

Plenty of pics of the front can be found on the internet though, liek on Google Earth.

EDIT: Oh you meant riding down the stairs on my wheel - I dont think I ride well enough for that, and my weight might be too much for my V10f to boot.

Edited by mhpr262

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Had an incident that I can’t shake. Trying to get back. 

It's Rehab1 for a reason. :D 

But, on a serious note, hope your OK. Nothing broken I hope. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

mine.jpg

I took his one a few weeks ago and posted on a Facebook, I mean "Meta" Group page with the caption.........

"This little guy decided to claim my S18 for his own" :P

Cannot like. HRRR !

19 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The control board is far too far away to do any good? But that's probably because it doesn't fit as well as you were hoping.

Ding! Ding! Ding!   

I was all excited once all was disassembled, cleaned and ready for the new board and then I opened the box. First thing I saw were fans and immediately knew I'm not riding anytime soon. EUCO was cool and immediately send out the correct CB.

I was forced to buy a new CB due to the fire at EWheels happening the same day I blew a MOSFET. Jason was awesome and will still be sending a new board out to me but with the supply chain issues, he wont be receiving any new parts for quite some time and I just cant wait that long. The withdrawals are bad, especially since things are turning green again due to the recent rains. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

Thanks @Marty Backe. Some were under the impression that you no longer had a Tesla. … Someone owes me $20. Not that I am a stocker or anything. :ph34r:

LOL

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Evidence of a serious problem.  You seem to be a little overdo for a raffle. :) I guess It's time to go fly a kite...

P1010452.jpg

uhm, aren't you supposed to bring along a fan or something with that thing?