The Photo Thread

SlowMo

7 hours ago, dismason said:

takes almost two hours to get there

One can either drive to the tip of Cape Cod at Provincetown (hours plus traffic) or take a ferry from Boston. The fast ferry (90 minutes each way @$94 round trip) really flies in a dual hulled boat. I went there by fast ferry a few years ago. When fully employed I used to drive there to watch whales (many finback) migrate out and over George's bank fishing grounds.

https://www.bostonharborcruises.com/provincetown-ferry#schedule-and-rates

Here is a video from a whale watch and from a walk to the tip of Provincetown. Finback whales !!!, Seals, Piping Plovers

Map of Provincetown to Boston ferry route and car route.

Screenshot-20200815-153825.png

Timeframe is about 2005.

Distance is about 60 miles not 92.8.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Like an Alien/killer robot would see it on their display

Since I fumbled on using my intervalometer app I ended up manually counting to three between 20 second shots in search of Perseid meteors.

At 2 am it is really quiet along the otherwise often used bike path. 

B&W looked better than the color with phone flash. 

I was relieved that I actually saw one meteor in my 180 shots taken over an hour.

The site is a cleaned up 'lead mills' site along the harbor. 

"Reversing the environmental harm caused by past contamination is a challenge. Lead Mills, which is located along Lafayette Street (Route 114) at the Marblehead/Salem border, was an industrial site in the 18th and 19th century."

@meepmeepmayerSo....the quest for a meteor shot comes in part from ownership of the Photo Pills app which sent a email about the Perseid's

Screenshot-20200815-183914-2.png

Requesting the info from Photo Pills gave

Screenshot-20200815-183940-2.png

Making a plan with Photo Pills gives information on #meteors per hour, where to look in augmented reality and what your cameras field of view is at the choose location.

Screenshot-20200815-184154.png

The rest is showing up at a place where 2am loitering isn't an issue and pointing the camera at Perseus

Screenshot-20200815-185048.png

Photo Pills says..."shoot all night if you can"

• Like 1

Great stuff thanks Marty! Man I Was sooooo tired in that photo, got like 20 minutes sleep the night before. Thanks Marty and everyone else who attended Westwheel 3! Super fun as always. Big changes ahead for Westwheel 4, stay tuned!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Did none of the other mods get the memo of the moderator meet-up in Rosenheim? Only @meepmeepmayer showed up :efee612b4b:

Actually, a totally chance encounter...I was travelling through Austria with my RV and happened to cross over into Germany to spend the night by a lake. I reached out to @meepmeepmayer to ask about riding my EUC in Germany, not realizing at the time that he lives in Rosenheim (location not shown under users' name on mobile devices) and I was only 30 km from there... :roflmao:

A hilarious realization and a tad of planning later, and I was riding through a gorgeous area with an excellent host and guide :cheers:

What meno? and now you are telling me this???!??

when you have drunken all the beer and it is time to clean up, really I can't belive this....

On the other hand looks like you had an awesome time. I just had to settle with the company of my V11, but then again I don't mind that at all. It is my new darling (expect some sort of @Rehab1 coment, just not like the @Marty Backe epic mten3 love picture :w00t2:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Did none of the other mods get the memo of the moderator meet-up in Rosenheim? Only @meepmeepmayer showed up :efee612b4b:

Actually, a totally chance encounter...I was travelling through Austria with my RV and happened to cross over into Germany to spend the night by a lake. I reached out to @meepmeepmayer to ask about riding my EUC in Germany, not realizing at the time that he lives in Rosenheim (location not shown under users' name on mobile devices) and I was only 30 km from there... :roflmao:

A hilarious realization and a tad of planning later, and I was riding through a gorgeous area with an excellent host and guide :cheers:

IMG-20200821-181157-00-HDR-2020-08-22-12

VID-20200821-175056-00-043-2020-08-22-12

photo-2020-08-22-12-40-19.jpg

photo-2020-08-22-12-40-33.jpg

photo-2020-08-22-12-41-40.jpg

Great to actually see @meepmeepmayer. and he is indeed still riding the ACM :o

• Like 2

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Original duct tape and all. We had to stop every few minutes on the initial ascent to prevent cable frying:facepalm:

Surely you must be getting close to buying a new wheel. You can't wait forever for the perfect EUC :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Surely you must be getting close to buying a new wheel. You can't wait forever for the perfect EUC :)

Hi Marty, me too still riding my ACM2, so much torque and top speed to 30mph still having Fun with it.

Need to order my next wheel, I'm thinking Sherman or MSP?any suggestions?

How your Sherman ride today?

Peter Q

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Q said:

Hi Marty, me too still riding my ACM2, so much torque and top speed to 30mph still having Fun with it.

Need to order my next wheel, I'm thinking Sherman or MSP?any suggestions?

How your Sherman ride today?

Peter Q

Buy I know you don't ONLY own an ACM2 :)

I'm still loving the Sherman. Just completed another 50-mile ride today, including a lot of trail riding.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coco66 said:

My V8 packed and ready for my relocation to Spain... see you in couple months! 

IMG_20200824_114525.thumb.jpg.bc238922a45921ac71616248f04f85b2.jpg

Ohh that means you might be able to meet up @travsformation