The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Oog to you as well :) Don't fault me too bad for my inattentive visual processing, I was busy scanning the background for the OP's 'mate'. At first I thought 'cool, bold blond woman dressed in all black rippin' along a trail on an EUC'. The mind is a wondrous thing LOL

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

@Marty Backe is that a custom power pad you have on the V11?  How’d it work for you?

Marty does not have any pads fitted to the V11!!!  It is a stock standard pre-production V11!!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Marty does not have any pads fitted to the V11!!!  It is a stock standard pre-production V11!!!

Sorry,  my eyes were playing tricks on me with that photo.  Teaches me to post before grabbing my glasses :laughbounce2:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

that look on this dog

Unseen to the left (4 feet away) is a seagull standing on the seawall. The owner, who was strongly restraining the old dog, says it has bird dog instincts that kick in at the sight of a target.

20200724123457-IMG-3056.jpg

And yes...it's been so hot that some surfers went without a wetsuit

image.jpg

While others kept the wetsuit on

image.jpg

Edited by Bob Eisenman

21 hours ago, UniMe said:

Seriously, I had to look at this picture at least 4 times to figure out there is a dog on your back haha! I thought it was someone with long blond hair flowing out from under their helmet.

I have 2 dogs (finish lapphunds) and they are seriously uncertain wtf I am getting up to with my new EUC. The one sits at the window by the door whining and barking until I'm well out of sight. When I would practice in the field next to my house they would do laps around the yard and run back and forth along the fence yipping and barking. I think they're excited, but perhaps also just a little bit freaked out (probably exactly how I was feeling at the time lol). We're going to take them to a park and try a more structured intro to the wheel, it would be amazing if they could get to a point of running along with me without me worrying about running them over. 2 parts doggie training, 3 parts me training -- I'm thinking that's still a long way off.

If it helps - she absolutely freaked out for a day when the Sherman arrived.

As soon as she realised it’s another thing that lets me run at her pace she chilled out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pico said:

20200807-150034-1.jpg

Your venerable 66 years old is working hard on an impersonation of a well known Free Styler...:facepalm:

So impressive big guy! :cheers: You did an excellent job constructing that deck around your tree. ;)

50208890867_10795ef549_b.jpg

• Like 3

Last night I rode a half mile to the harbor around 1 am hoping to photograph a Perseid meteor near the Perseus constellation. It was really dark at a spot near a road between Marblehead/ Salem.

IMG-20200812-020702953-3.jpg

After one hour (180 twenty second images later) I found that I captured one a few minutes into the photo session.

IMG-3364-edit1.jpg

Easier to view the Perseid meteors on live YouTube at

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

I put together a Raspberry Pi 3 touch screen plus v1 pi camera a few years ago while I was still riding the Ninebot One E+. Here is a recent PiCam photo of my Monster posted from the touch screen Raspberry Pi. It`s kind of buggy though since updating the Pixel OS.

monster.jpg

monster-meta.png

Looks like my external battery was low...AC power adapter to the rescue.

My Ninebot One E+

nine.jpg

web view of the EUC forum on Raspberry Pi touchscreen.

The Pi accesses the internet through a WiFi hotspot created with my Android phone using a (discontinued) USB dongle called 'Wi-Pi'.

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-wipi-wireless-adapter

IMG-20200815-042738242-2.jpg

Raspberry Pi booting up...

IMG-20200815-042223319.jpg

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 3

@dismasonI was thinking of ways to make my 'Raspberry Pi' more useful. An article on making the Pi work as an intervalometer with the component gphoto2 for DSLR cameras is read here at

https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-dslr-camera-control/

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Is the first step. Probably more useful to buy an intervalometer from eBay for $20

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@dismasonI was thinking of ways to make my 'Raspberry Pi' more useful. An article on making the Pi work as an intervalometer with the component gphoto2 for DSLR cameras is read here at

https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-dslr-camera-control/

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Is the first step. Probably more useful to buy an intervalometer from eBay for $20

That would be quite expensive for what you need.  But it would be a good learning project.  :)

If you want to build a cheaper and simpler one, use a 555 IC.  You can build it using the dead bug approach for being as inexpensive as possible or design your own circuit board.

https://commenthow.com/article/display/3407/0/Time+Lapse+Intervalometer+for+SLRs+with+555+timer+IC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cranium said:

That would be quite expensive

I have an installed Android app called qDSLRdashboard which has an intervalometer function included. It worked as expected in my apt. In the field it hung for some reason (unfamiliarity with app interface?).

Need to check it out more indoors. My Raspberry Pi idea keeps running into compile problems and qDSLRdashboard should fly.

This is the shutter delay !! (not the interval delay} interface part of qDSLR.

Screenshot-20200815-132121.png

Screenshot-20200815-132210.png

This is the Canon DSLRdashboard view on the Android app. Android beats the Raspberry Pi but I thought I'd give it a try on the Pi. Thanks anyways...

@CraniumIn the field (at night) I confused the shutter delay time setting button on the left with the interval time setting button on the right. 

My app interface button choice in the field seems to have been the problem.

The app works fine as an intervalometer when USB tethered to the phone. 😁

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:55 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

Last night I rode a half mile to the harbor around 1 am hoping to photograph a Perseid meteor near the Perseus constellation. It was really dark at a spot near a road between Marblehead/ Salem.

IMG-20200812-020702953-3.jpg

That picture looks very cool. Like an Alien/killer robot would see it on their display. Or like an image reconstructed by some spy method or after the nuclear apocalypse.

• Like 1