The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, HippoPig said:

My mate and I

D96CCF25-BE1B-4B70-A8DD-DB5F4F171DF4.jpeg

That looks exactly like my Morkie! How much does he weight? What is he riding in? Got any more pics?

We use a Buddy Rider when we're biking, I would love to find a safe-ish way to take him on the EUC!

Edited by Tryptych

6 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

That looks exactly like my Morkie! How much does he weight? What is he riding in? Got any more pics?

We use a Buddy Rider when we're biking, I would love to find a safe-ish way to take him on the EUC!

She’s about 7kg.

She’s in a “K9 sport sack” I forget which model.

Yeah - it’s got me thinking about those back protector backpacks and what could be done to create some sort of cell around the dog to protect in the event of a fall; that doesn’t also break my spine - and still allows her to enjoy herself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HippoPig said:

Yeah - it’s got me thinking about those back protector backpacks and what could be done to create some sort of cell around the dog to protect in the event of a fall; that doesn’t also break my spine - and still allows her to enjoy herself.

Doggie safety gear for EUCs - now I've heard it all :)

• Like 2

Since it's doubtful that I'll buy another wheel this year (:() I gave the ol' Nikola some love instead. Wrapped sides and pedals in a covering black wood imitation, with a cut-out for the voltage meter. Makes the led animations much more subtle which I enjoy and consider a bonus. Apologies for the crappy photo quality.

As an aside I had a look the broken leds I had on the left side of the wheel since I had it open - problem turned out to be the world's flimsiest wires directly soldered to the led strip without any protective covering. Two of the wires had snapped off, presumably just from some jolt or something. Some finicky soldering with a lot of curses and it's back in action again.

nikola-red.thumb.jpg.e0a63018a6c75a17221b5e0faef6a087.jpg

nikola-blue.thumb.jpg.06fc23d290379442370735ebb9fc7b4c.jpg

image.png

Edited by Nils
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nils said:

Since it's doubtful that I'll buy another wheel this year (:() I gave the ol' Nikola some love instead. Wrapped sides and pedals in a covering black wood imitation, with a cut-out for the voltage meter. Makes the led animations much more subtle which I enjoy and consider a bonus. Apologies for the crappy photo quality.

As an aside I had a look the broken leds I had on the left side of the wheel since I had it open - problem turned out to be the world's flimsiest wires directly soldered to the led strip without any protective covering. Two of the wires had snapped off, presumably just from some jolt or something. Some finicky soldering with a lot of curses and it's back in action again.

8jvcH7_YMFlB0kCerxvbb8P2XuTFn0I9b3ks0oigUARDP-kBN-3xdU-GTgQHngWWIbOdG6YoM23s_4F9c-8fsvqtNKaC7270WfuKFN7s_sPolPBt6L_7QRSsI_LzkayPWeCwqBKd421MoITyoh-F0BvUrUlekgZO4lls_33OQ7B3i91amk9QxNs4hWBpEF4RglzQfakqazv-HkTSYK2ms4gJrdfXbGVa51ThwGYI5boirYbnVYbdrHOQpXw3YrcKSKnqN0SnchF_VCVMh5yFN9zolAdTIzi-_vpKmUyZEHBs5ksgref7OdQse51LeIeOnXYeLBc4BL3KtlhWV_-oVjFHbsPNyCzHYqQz4egkYQ8WsIH2aUcq8JKae7EZs_Qp6GMPxTEUZuEePQ9VvTuzI9SKVmv1hnaO_ZsxASybamF2aDoyF3EJO9SaT2AFU_sZk2GM8ahYb4X09irrOF5y1PuGLUrskKhY0RZqmXr9D6tF5j9fiEaVzU0IEs68R2jUCz3cwMRLGllGKC5gYz40z1ERKSa3T8-zeEQ_AtbNR1Tjn0gghoV-2KTYArmq6_e0Lbm4v18d2DRkFfzzwlmA_FEHWQw4gVRlFuoZ7-tRdqmASz6snG2Ji9GkvlXlMWjIn9PdI0WR2BpL6D6jIATwvrKSw84LP6Ldf5DwJ-mp_e5lmfNOekRK8elxEFu1=w832-h954-no?authuser=0

_H03I_7XxfoNGIBCmarSkHal3nOl0Jyi7jrPvxY5aDDScx4WljMZOU6CrzW8-LNpkDiXUo4O5lzrg4SESUAKKbsk5cJNV9rLgi4lnJo0RHcBWyEaS3SvtN8WLPDjFhplCV_yAkVqOH__etSv6hMtQPvqG1U62rCWoBQpB7-uj4vdwFMEfHfaMCuqTKgvq4imfI-h5U8n7idmyecyzADaq5e6jRZXJgc8UWnVoqdLZoqRFDD49fbkaHDjIvANj3nq5rKegcLa2OOYtZ3XyMikKi4gp95GP1kt2AqehXZ984L7tdIMGo7SqOxdl5Ya3JBq-RrZfFv7xhk8Z373u4mjRo6SQe3uaoTCIo_i62RvxheFB2J1qah2IqPnybwBilDE3kVHD0-cKpi1snQDtG84s9GKl_tEVhEZhhovj9U3tp5-i-Ch8Euw6dZACuSkvl1UVT4yhM8XARRKuRu3QRc2twtNt_lRA7j4r-2z793cflEosccI6aedy2zhAMDZ2C1aKIFygQO9Adzx9iC8T_EriO3JTNt-QUt4ti837T5Zd9EU1EdXUXORLtcdz0Pa46Te6_tbHcO5uFPmHSRiH1-0Y_j_epSX_6gjLwsnodyZgqpZYB1fqbejtMkKWHAOrFzgiC61YU2zLP7sV9rzhltgXLm3_FjDBNQWhmEg_tbfNMn1WZwTVOdNfzDeXqit=w533-h954-no?authuser=0

image.png

Looks like two of your photos are not visible (probably permission issue). Sometimes I think our wheels really are toys, the way they are put together. No car or motorcycle would be assembled with such crappy components, wiring harnesses, etc. These are made like they are disposable $50 toys :(

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like two of your photos are not visible (probably permission issue). Sometimes I think our wheels really are toys, the way they are put together. No car or motorcycle would be assembled with such crappy components, wiring harnesses, etc. These are made like they are disposable $50 toys :(

Thanks Marty, probably due to some interaction with Google photos that weren't apparent when posting it.. :( Tried to fix it now.

And yeah, it kind of boggles the mind. The wires connecting to the led display were so thin they almost disappeared and would hold up against pretty much zero abuse or load and had no additional support.. It's not a critical thing or nothing, but still.. Haven't had time to follow the forum much lately but I'm wondering if that's the case for other people's issues with the leds. I'll note that the led strip was slightly too long in my wheel, so it overlapped slightly with the overlapping strip pushing down extra hard on the connectors.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, HippoPig said:

My mate and I

D96CCF25-BE1B-4B70-A8DD-DB5F4F171DF4.jpeg

Seriously, I had to look at this picture at least 4 times to figure out there is a dog on your back haha! I thought it was someone with long blond hair flowing out from under their helmet.

I have 2 dogs (finish lapphunds) and they are seriously uncertain wtf I am getting up to with my new EUC. The one sits at the window by the door whining and barking until I'm well out of sight. When I would practice in the field next to my house they would do laps around the yard and run back and forth along the fence yipping and barking. I think they're excited, but perhaps also just a little bit freaked out (probably exactly how I was feeling at the time lol). We're going to take them to a park and try a more structured intro to the wheel, it would be amazing if they could get to a point of running along with me without me worrying about running them over. 2 parts doggie training, 3 parts me training -- I'm thinking that's still a long way off.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

Dude that looks awesome! Tell us more about how you did it? What is that stuff?? Got a Link?

Thanks! :) It actually turned out pretty well in real life as well (and I'm a stickler pretty much as far is that goes for what it's worth).

Anyway, I'm in Sweden so not sure what good a link will do you but I used this (in Swedish, sorry):

https://www.clasohlson.com/se/p/40-6089

Long story short I ended up nerding out a little bit about vinyl coverings in general and thought about doing that to the weel but then bought this at the local store since it's a lot cheaper. It's a self-adhesive material with a top PVC layer, but in order to get some good result for the wheel side with all its angles I used a heat gun and stretched it it out where I could to get the angles on the side covered correctly without any bubbles as much as I could. The results would probably have been even better with some proper vinyl, but that stuff is damn expensive..

Edited by Nils

On 8/3/2020 at 3:08 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

20200724123457-IMG-3056-4.jpg

I guess this is how your V11 felt today at %6 battery @Seba?

(I can't help feeling sorry for that look on this dog, looks hot or very tired)

Edited by Unventor
Sorry for lending your picture Bob. But it matched too good to pass.

24 minutes ago, fryman said:

I think the black trucks float and the red ones don't.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new generation of electric trucks sink or float. According to Musk, the cyber truck might be a floater ;) Thinking I'd prefer if it was a sinker and just drove along the bottom!!

tesla-cybertruck-floating-water-boat-mode.jpg

Edited by UniMe

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

My new Ram Rebel to match the S18.

50200034856_23bc5e48c4_b.jpg

Do you have any video comming up soon?

I have been riding back home at my parrents town today so I have some footage to review and edit when I get home Saturday night. Both trail and town rides. I be riding a bit more tomorrow but I am not sure if I can fit much more on the memory cards. 

Unfortunately this was done on my KS16X as I am still waiting for my V11 to arrive. 

I would love to see you go about on the S18 while I am still waiting. Btw what do your @Mrs. Rehab1 think of the S18?

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice :cheers:

Stay away from the lake, OK?

Thanks! I went to a hypnotist to have that memory erased but now it’s back.:crying:

46 minutes ago, fryman said:

I think the black trucks float and the red ones don't.

:roflmao: 

• Like 2