The Photo Thread

SlowMo

38 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

really nice photo! I really like the sunset and the clouds

and the vignette. I like the way you set up the composition and dhow off the landscapes behind you it kind of tells the story that you have gone far. On

i also want to take such photos. But when i get outside

and set the camera up and give it 10sec timer

i stand and wait... No shutter sound?

and phone battery died because of the cold weather

._.  But i will just wait for good weather...

if you ever see some guys with a camera smiling and laughing at santa monica beach? Its yes theory go check their channel. I saw that beach in one od their video and thought.

Thats the beach marty is crusing around on. 

Santa Monica is a popular area so I'm sure there are lots of videos taken there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

go to a car store. Get the paint you want watch a few tutorials on youtube and practise

then you just use extreme patience

then you will have painted it beutifully.

and spent about max 50 dollars

I don't have anywhere to do it or the time 

• Like 1

On 2018-03-06 at 11:08 AM, EUC GUY said:

My new project. Custom painted Msuper v3s+ shell. Done by pro's.  Autolakkservice. I had to pay a bit for it.. O:) 

Goto link for high res photos: "https://www.flickr.com/photos/143090194@N03/albums/72157694191452785"

This is Proper paint used on cars.  The sides are in Piano black "glossy" and the middle is a deep blue with pearls. Different depending on..

Goto wait one months for it to cure. hehe.... fine by me, still snow and ice here.  

40655389691_9f7f9f9aff_b.jpg

40655391101_f150c765fa_k.jpg

40655392011_62a307f2a0_k.jpg

40655392981_0ca99ba7e4_k (1).jpg

40655393641_585f41bcb9_k.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, wow......

i wouldn’t be able to pull that off w my, that’s for sure, it would get scratched in no time :)

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Absolutely beautiful, wow......

i wouldn’t be able to pull that off w my, that’s for sure, it would get scratched in no time :)

I hope I can take care of it for at least one season.. Hehe. Goto add some padding to my seat also so I don't scratch it. 

A little update on the Kenda studded (edit: it's not studded, there are no metal parts, just rubber) winter/offroad tire:

It really works great on any soft (that usually means wet) surface. Soft-ish mud, grass, more mud, mud on inclines and in potholes, mud, melting ice, more mud.

Might have had some unpleasant spin outs and slips with the standard tire. For Winter/Spring, when you encounter such spots, the studs are really neat. The tire's track almost looks like a tiny tank's one, very firm looking.

(But the standard tire isn't that bad either, don't underestimate it.)

I don't think the studded tire has any adverse effects on range compared to the standard one, despite being so loud.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
no studs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A little update on the Kenda studded tire:

It really works great on any soft (that usually means wet) surface. Soft-ish mud, grass, more mud, mud on inclines and in potholes, mud, melting ice, more mud.

Might have had some unpleasant spin outs and slips with the standard tire. For Winter/Spring, when you encounter such spots, the studs are really neat. The tire's track almost looks like a tiny tank's one, very firm looking.

(But the standard tire isn't that bad either, don't underestimate it.)

I don't think the studded tire has any adverse effects on range compared to the standard one, despite being so loud.

So how does it ride on hard surfaces?

14 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So how does it ride on hard surfaces?

Loud. Otherwise, perfectly fine. Just loud.

Not sure how long it will hold or if the studs will degrade fast on pavement. I'd say it is a soft surface tire - no noise, great grip by digging in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Are you going to ride it all summer or swap back?

I'll try it some more because it's only 3 rides for now. And probably keep it as long as everything here is wet and muddy. Winter has only been over for a few days and it still shows, and I'm quite impressed with today's mud performance.

Once the weather gets more reliably dry, I'll change back. Maybe in a month or two? Not much point in using it on dry ground, I think. And it is LOUD (which is cool because people hear you from afar, but it is still LOUD).

@Rehab1 You had the same thing on your aCM, right? You know how well it works on a wet grass/soft earth combination.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Rehab1 You had the same thing on your aCM, right? You know how well it works on a wet grass/soft earth combination.

Yes I had a knobby tire but no studs. My tire worked well on wet grass, snow and soft dirt.

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes I had a knobby tire but no studs. My tire worked well on wet grass, snow and soft dirt.

What's the difference (between studs and knobs)? Looks the same to me, including the shape of the... extrusions (whatever they are called). Does "stud" mean spikes? It has none.

36 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What's the difference (between studs and knobs)? Looks the same to me, including the shape of the... extrusions (whatever they are called). Does "stud" mean spikes? It has none.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=151

Some kind of metal pin in the knobs.:confused1:

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry, my bad then. It has no metal studs, just the knobby profile. Pretty sure it's the same one @Rehab1 used - where did you buy it?

Mine was not red but was a Kendra from Aliexpress. 

• Upvote 1

i just don’t wanna drink lukewarm coffee.

pretty sure that was written by a lawyer and not an engineer.

anything u say, ur photos, ur videos, that u post on this forum, can and will be used against u, most likely, in a civil court of law, if ur riding ever hurts u or somebody else.  i’m sure everybody knows this. i just keep losing freedoms because of others, and i don’t like it. like cold coffee at mcdonalds.

Edited by novazeus

4 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If those are “Photos” someone needs to get a new camera!! :huh:

look pretty good to me, nice and sharp and pointed.

those are screen shots, scroll up and u will see other screen shots.

Edited by novazeus