The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 6/18/2017 at 8:53 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

You're doing it wrong;)

http://amp.masslive.com/v1/articles/20875396/here_are_all_of_the_items_you.amp

I have, in the past, ridden my EUC along this very sidewalk...but not for this picture.

Lot's of police, a few walking sailors (m&f) and a few dozen uniformed guard in camouflage ready to deploy closer to the Navy Yard where I got too close to a guarded gate (who turned me away) while looking for a Harbor path to shoot the Eagle so that I could post a photo of the legendary former German ship.

Given the Sail Boston rules(linked above), the requirement to take public transportation, etc. I left the EUC at home and walked the route correctly .... only to post it 'inappropriately' to Meep and at least one another.

I suppose I could have posted an image of me at the MRI place on Monday but.....well there is only a couple of inches between your nose and the inside of the MRI tube for 30 minutes.??

25019.png

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Pingouin said:

How long, about 1h30 climb, & 40 min descent, steepness is between 9% & 32% (extreme), the route is 40% road & 60% dirt, I will try an extreme steep climb today (more than 41%) to see how it handles the climb & descent with I think a hell lot of rocks, for now I'm very surprised with the climbing ability ! I measure this by putting my phone on the ground with an app to emasure.

@Marty Backe If you want to climb very steep climbs I would highly recommend the older "14" gotway, honestly you won't believe how well they handle rough terrain compared to "16" &"22" ! Plus they are quite cheap now. They are quite uncomfortable however because you really fell the bumps, rocks & other road imperfections.

I have a KS14C and agree that the small size is great for navigating trails. It's downside is that it overheats too easily on inclines. 41% slope is insane ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I have a KS14C and agree that the small size is great for navigating trails. It's downside is that it overheats too easily on inclines. 41% slope is insane ;)

I don't know about the KS14C but the Gotway MCM3 never overheated, even in slopes that I would barely climb on foot..I'm always impressed, and hikers are too !

The downside of moutain riding is that I fall at least once per ride, I have some special warnings to bring up for moutain EUC riders, I'll create a specific topic for it !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

I don't know about the KS14C but the Gotway MCM3 never overheated, even in slopes that I would barely climb on foot..I'm always impressed, and hikers are too !

The downside of moutain riding is that I fall at least once per ride, I have some special warnings to bring up for moutain EUC riders, I'll create a specific topic for it !

Yeah, falling happens to me just about every mountain trail ride that I take. People who like to keep the wheels scratch free should never take their wheel trail riding. But I love riding in the mountains :thumbup:

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

guess a foot walk can be excused

Thanks.....? eyes closed, just relax. Google says the strong magnetic field where Quantum state electrons (of hydrogen) flip 'spin up' to 'spin down' at the resonant applied radio frequency is supplemented by electro magnets while the image matrix is recorded (greyscale strong to weak frequency energy absorbance). I hope that sounds correct. The sound is often a hum like 60 Hz AC frequency.

Thank you 1974 P- chem professor! We (students) laughed when the idea of putting a whole person into the NMR field was mentioned in class.

25191.jpg

10 hours ago, Pingouin said:

I'd love to read that!

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

"How to Run off a Wheel Cut Out" - taken 1 hour ago...

331304_img2701.jpg

Is that your wheel @Hunka Hunka Burning Love? I don't recall ever seeing what you ride. I must say it looks cool, and pristine. I think I'd be afraid to ride that wheel :unsure:

Sweet looking :thumbup: 

• Upvote 2

Thanks!  :efefe00999:  Yep that's my "Precious."  :wub:  I take care of it pretty good.  I got me one of the rare $450 Flamebots from Forward California when they were still in business :cry2:.  Rehab1 (he sold his :rolleyes: soon after), TJCooper, and I have them.

I think these Flame Editions were originally sold in Germany (colours give it away) most likely but made their way over to NA.  Others special editions were the carbon fibre one (yourtoys7 in Ontario had one that he sold to RooMiniPro) and the blue Roman with the wheat graphics on the side.  You can see the lady in red is riding one in this thread:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thanks!  :efefe00999:  Yep that's my "Precious."  :wub:  I take care of it pretty good.  I got me one of the rare $450 Flamebots from Forward California when they were still in business :cry2:.  Me, Rehab1 (he sold his :rolleyes: soon after), and TJCooper on the forum have them.

I think these Flame Editions were originally sold in Germany (colours give it away) most likely but made their way over to NA.  Others special editions were the carbon fibre one (yourtoys7 in Ontario had one he sold to RooMiniPro), and the blue Roman with the wheat graphics on the side.  You can see the lady in red is riding one in this thread:

Wow, hearing you describe things - it's like a small club of rare car enthusiasts :)

I must say, you almost make me wish that I keep my wheels looking beautiful, but that just doesn't mesh with how I ride :w00t2: 

• Upvote 2

I take mine off-roading sometimes, and I've climbed some pretty steep hills on gravel roads in the park.  Nothing as steep as you guys climb though, but close to stall speed on the Ninebot.  I used to have a video up, but I removed it.  I guess I just don't fall off (except once on slippery ice) so it stays pretty nice.  :innocent1: 

I've got about 987 kms on it so far.  With the lights going and the flashy custom graphics, people are pretty dazed :blink: when they see me rolling by.  Even though I think I probably have one of the only ones in the city, I like that it looks unique.  The graphics are sort of a thin film that's melted on, and it chips pretty easily so no stunt crashes for me!  I'd love to get a new wheel though like an ACM16, Msuper, KS16S or a GT16 maybe in the future.  I'm just waiting for them to iron some of the bugs out.  :efee8319ab:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I take mine off-roading sometimes, and I've climbed some pretty steep hills on gravel roads in the park.  Nothing as steep as you guys climb though, but close to stall speed on the Ninebot.  I used to have a video up, but I removed it.  I guess I just don't fall off (except once on slippery ice) so it stays pretty nice.  :innocent1: 

I've got about 987 kms on it so far.  With the lights going and the flashy custom graphics, people are pretty dazed :blink: when they see me rolling by.  Even though I think I probably have one of the only ones in the city, I like that it looks unique.  The graphics are sort of a thin film that's melted on, and it chips pretty easily so no stunt crashes for me!  I'd love to get a new wheel though like an ACM16, Msuper, KS16S or a GT16 maybe in the future.  I'm just waiting for them to iron some of the bugs out.  :efee8319ab:

You've got a long wait ahead of you ;)

• Upvote 3

Thanks!  :efee47c9c8:  Oddly enough I actually didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.  The graphics look like they are painted on as there are brush strokes and white accents.  It's actually quite a nice skin that's a little artsy.  One guy I rolled past just looked at it and said "Beautiful!"  I usually have the green/blue lights spinning around as I ride so I'm sure it's quite eye-catching.  :efeeec645d:  It's slow, but it makes up for that in the looks department.  :efee6b18f3:

Another fun riding in the moutains, this time my objective was to get on top of this moutain, where there is a castle (see picture below), not easy I had to carry the EUC from time to time.

Edited by Pingouin
  • Upvote 2